Prospect Info: Jujhar Khaira

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I like him, I just hope he keeps up with what makes him effective. Working hard and winning board battles

It takes some dediction to go hard out there after you are an established forward. The desire to go in on a board battle with a 225 D tends to kind of dissappear over the years for some depth guys and thats when they start to become ineffective

But Khaira seems passable on a skill line and he is the energy/board battler that can provide valuable things to skill guys. Having RNH/Eberle freed up in the OZ is just what we need. Khaira was the guy who forchecked hard and won board battle. Didnt get assist but pivotal on the play

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Khaira has had success offensively before. As a very young freshman at Michigan Tech he worked his way up to centering the top line with Petan and Pieila. He was one of the higher scoring freshman in his only year in the NCAA.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
He looked good last night with Eberle and RNH. Has enough skill to play well with top 6 forwards, had enough speed to keep up with the play and knows his role. He didn't drive the play but that's not what you expect either. I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than previous years when call ups came up and were boat anchors in the top 6.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Looks like Khaira got the assist on Hall's goal back. He's been a pleasant surprise and now has 1 point in the 5 games he's played.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really liking the fact that he can play this many games with a top line and not really show many slip ups. Had a bad one on the goal yesterday, but at the same time that was horrid time for Klef to be stepping up like that.

Skating seems decent, has a hard shot and isn't afraid to drop the gloves.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chia prototypical energy guy. Lands a big hit, then immeditaly fights, then plays with some skill and picks up an assist

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He made a two mistakes on the one goal last night but that's the first time he's made a goal costing error so far. Overall I like his game.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Like what he's shown so far, be great if he could turn into a real bottom sixer. Been a while since the Oilers had a late pick pan out (for them).

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Agreed, though as some point we can also point to Davidson in that regard.

yeah if davidson can keep this up for the rest of the year i think we have to start talking about him as a legit "late round find", he's been very impressive so far (although there is another thread for him, so i'll leave it at that)

outside of the mistakes on the goal last night, it was another solid outing for khaira... lets hope he can keep this up, we need a player like him VERY badly

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He now has two more points than I ever expected him to put up at the NHL level, and is more effective than I'd ever dreamed. Massive kudos to him for taking his game to another level this year.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Khaira has had success offensively before. As a very young freshman at Michigan Tech he worked his way up to centering the top line with Petan and Pieila. He was one of the higher scoring freshman in his only year in the NCAA.

Even in the AHL he always looked a lot more competent and effective than his scoring totals ever indicated, whenever i watched him down there i always wondered why he wasn't scoring more. Great back hand and awesome on the boards he just really needs to get quicker.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Even in the AHL he always looked a lot more competent and effective than his scoring totals ever indicated, whenever i watched him down there i always wondered why he wasn't scoring more. Great back hand and awesome on the boards he just really needs to get quicker.

I don't think we have a tonne of skilled guys at the AHL, do we? He fits in perfectly with our top 6 due to his size, board work and ability to play physical. He's still got a little way to go before he's an NHL player, but I like what I see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad