Value of: JT Miller

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
JT Miller is what he is. Chris Kreider is what he is.

Neither are elite players. Neither will be bring back a kings ransom because they're more valuable to us than another team trading for them.

I basically agree with your comment.

The issue is what the team "thinks" they can become.

They are not trading Kreider unless the return is ridiculous...they are still hoping he is able to "put it all together..."

If his on-ice production could even reach half of what his physical tools are, he would be star. I don't think it will happen, but they are still going to wait.

He was able to make the jump from a very low high school level to Phillips Academy when 16-17. Most kids aren't able to progress to a college team (BC), let alone the NHL, after getting serious so late in their development.

JTM is a very solid player.

I would actually like to see both play under a new coach and system before making any moves. AV has played out the string.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Funny Miller just came up on the trade board.

Its not uncommon for Hank to voice his opinion at the players in front of him for lack of coverage or even so much as deflecting shots on him. Most of the time, player B just skates to the bench. Where am I going with this? ... Miller very recently was the recipient of a Lundqvist tongue lashing. Miller didn't stay quiet however. He and Hank jawed a bit. Even the commentators made mention of it. Only once before, did I ever see a player bite back after a Hank tirade. That was Derek Stepan last season. He was traded to Arizona shortly after.

Miller is a heck of a player. Reliable, and is also multi-positional. Has played C, LW and RW in the past. He's young, got size, can skate well and also has some bite to his game. Put up some pretty good numbers considering most of the time he is playing on 3rd line.

From a value perspective other forwards in his range...
On the high end, Rangers add for Huberdeau, Rackell, Horvat
Or closer to... Coyle, Pageau, Toffoli, Galchenyuk, Landeskog, Braden Schenn

Or...Offers of 1st rounder 2018 not lottery protected, plus a prospect. EX; 2018 1st plus one of... Martin Necas, Nick Suzuki, Dante Fabbro, Jusso Valimaki, Erik Brannstrom,

Reactions: Lays

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
How much is a forward who has 1 goal in 41 career playoff games (not a typo) worth? He gets PP time and regular shifts....if you think Nash underwhelms in the playoffs, this guy takes it to another level.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That description sounded like Horvat though lol.
My bad if it did, he doesn’t play close to Horvat. He’s a very skilled PWF who can skate through a team, not great defensively, plays with an edge and is extremely strong. I can see some similarities but they’re not comparable. Lias Andersson however plays like Horvat

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
JT Miller is definitely worth a 1st - maybe Gorton will move him for the right pick in the 2018 draft, because what we need is a Brady Tkachuk type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad