Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I was thinking that they moved the management day to Friday because they are signing a new coach and want him there to be introduced. But here is another thought - what if MLSE has finally grown some balls and flexed its muscle with the league so that they can sign Q and introduce him on Friday? The extra day might give the league time to do whatever it has to do, and maybe gives MLSE's PR department time to come up with some sort of help for victims of sexual assault initiative before twats like Jonas Seigel lose their minds over the hiring of Q.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, the Arizona question was out of place, given the occasion, but the NMC answer is exactly that.

“Haven’t thought about it.”
“Now’s not the time”

Hi Ernie :)

well like i said before, I kind of understand it given that Matthews is from Arizona. I was told he was asked 3 weeks ago. but i mean maybe this was a new guy or whatever. I personally don't feel why that question deserves all the "omg i can't believe it." considering that everyone is just going "omg I can't believe" they are saying the standard stuff.

would it be refreshing to have people open up a vein and bleed out what we want to hear? of course. I've said it all the time I do believe even when you are giving pat answers a way to communicate how you feel or the intention or whatever. right now the city is angry/frustrated/apathetic (not as horrible as it was in 2012/2013 before the mass Exodus, but i can see it getting there). it's very evident that these aren't the most articulate/brightest bulbs in the box. However I also don't think - as mindblowingly dumb as Mitch's answer was (and I don't even think he meant it the way people are ripping him online for it is) - he's not going to go. "Oh yeah I'm totally going to waive my NMC etc"

i truly wonder what people expected to have happen yesterday. Tavares going "We're no where close, and It's all my fault, let me just rip off the C off my chest and anoint Matthews as the chosen one, and Ill waive my NMC so i can be dumped off in Utah and take Mitch with me." and Mitch agreeing with this, and the rest of the team changing Shame Shame shame, trade us, trade us, trade us, bucknaked.

i'd also probably argue the reason why the questions are a lot most softball is because a lot of fans complained loudly how we we weren't protecting our superstars in the Phaneuf/Kessel era. and now people are mad that they aren't being uber-duber obnoxious and asking tougher questions.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was thinking that they moved the management day to Friday because they are signing a new coach and want him there to be introduced. But here is another thought - what if MLSE has finally grown some balls and flexed its muscle with the league so that they can sign Q and introduce him on Friday? The extra day might give the league time to do whatever it has to do, and maybe gives MLSE's PR department time to come up with some sort of help for victims of sexual assault initiative before twats like Jonas Seigel lose their minds over the hiring of Q.
I think the management pc will be more of a state of union type address and the coaching announcement will come the following week as a seperate announcement

Reactions: egd27 and Evilhomer

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
For sure, but that's a completely different hypothetical.

Playing Ullmark over hot Swayman was a stupid COACH move. Hardly comparable to injured/sick players.

The series went 3:1 - 1 for Ullmark and Montgomery.

There was no playing Ullmark over hot Swayman. Both goalies had been playing similarly well and they had been alternating starts for months.

Also Ullmark isn’t responsible for the loss in game 2. He played very well

Reactions: tuckerintensity

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
"We thought the team played very well and were 1 goal from advancing to the second round in overtime. We'd like to see improvements on special teams otherwise the team showed a lot of character coming back from being down 3 games to 1. We will evaluate internally but are very happy with our core as well as the depth players and have not discussed contract extensions as the season has just ended. Preliminary conversations will commence shortly and we will reach out to agents. Our primary objective is to win hockey games and we will continue to take steps to achieve the ultimate goal. Sheldon did a great job motivating the team and saw season highs from some of our top players. However with all departments we will evaluate what went well and what has room for improvement"

• Love
Reactions: egd27

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
henry-ford-2436.jpg

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I've always thought Treliving was brought in as an eventual Shanahan replacement.
Wouldn't that be the ultimate slap in the face that after firing Kyle for his attempted coup, that Treliving ends up with his job just one year later.

Reactions: ACC1224

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Wouldn't that be the ultimate slap in the face that after firing Kyle for his attempted coup, that Treliving ends up with his job just one year later.
I'd argue it could justify his position rather than invalidate it

Reactions: ACC1224

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I might be wrong but is this the first time AM post season presser said personal awards means nothing, and winning playoffs matters…

Also like the Reilly part, feel for him and he knows he is running out of time as a player.
Far from the first time he's said that personal accolades aren't what he's after, the fan base just doesn't want to hear it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Listening to the JD Bunkis podcast.

Rips an ahole into 16, 91, 88 and the team as a whole. Calls a spade a spade.

:clap:

Reactions: mogs

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Friday News Dump

Releasing bad news or documents on a Friday afternoon in an attempt to avoid media scrutiny is often called a “Friday news dump” by members of the media.

I'm guessing they fire Keefe and keep Shanny.

Good news like announcing a new coach is probably done earlier in the week.

Should be interesting.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Friday News Dump

Releasing bad news or documents on a Friday afternoon in an attempt to avoid media scrutiny is often called a “Friday news dump” by members of the media.

I'm guessing they fire Keefe and keep Shanny.

Good news like announcing a new coach is probably done earlier in the week.

Should be interesting.
The only reason they'd want to do a newsdump on a Friday, was if their message was "we are staying the course" and/or "we are going to take our time to evaluate".

If they were firing Keefe this week, I doubt they'd move this to a Friday.

Reactions: ToneDog

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Friedman update on Shanny future:

- There are a lot of rumours staying/leaving but not sure whats true
- if it was simple to answer everything, presser would be today not friday
- thinks stuff is happening this week
- tryna figure out whats going on , doesnt want to jump to conclusions ... but a lot of crazy stuff being thrown around , cant confirm whats true

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

- tryna figure out whats going on
What's this from?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

- tryna figure out whats going on

That’s why Elliotte is the best in the biz, so he can tell you that “stuff is happening this week”.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
There was no playing Ullmark over hot Swayman. Both goalies had been playing similarly well and they had been alternating starts for months.

Also Ullmark isn’t responsible for the loss in game 2. He played very well
Even though Ullmark was very good and not responsible for Boston's Game 2 loss, that was still the only game in which the Leafs put up three goals due to Swayman's play being of the highest tier. Montgomery discovered by Game 3 that a good plan for the regular season isn't necessarily going to carry over during the playoffs. Comparatively, Keefe was arguably a little late to the party with Woll. Game 7 was still unfortunate for the team as a whole though and the biggest takeaway should be that Toronto just didn't generate enough offence to win the series.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad