Value of: JT Miller

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You're gonna need multiple McDavids if you want to entice the Rangers to pick up the phone.

In all seriousness I don't see why the Rangers would trade him right now and it would likely cost an overpayment (just not to the absurd demands in the previous Miller trade thread) for anyone interested.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I wouldn’t be interested - just always wondered. Obviously his value would be higher now with Kreider out but was just curious.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
When I am on a desktop I ought to track down this thread apparently, haha.

I’m assuming his value is relatively high? High pick and a decent prospect at least?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Huge, huge overpayment
JT Miller
He’sprimarily a LW but can fill in at C with no problems and has looked good there. Decent defensively but great off the rush and has great skating, skates through a whole team on occasions, he drives every line he's on. Plays pretty big as well and hits often. Nice hands as well. Kids a bull and a very underrated one. 6’1 218 pounds. 56 points last year and on pace for 55 this year, usually is stuck to 3rd line. Can PK and play PP. just a little scouting report. I think I’d rather keep him. J.T. is already a stud for us and is still only 24. we have little incentive to trade him. If he played top line he'd be a 60-65 guy no doubt but he's stuck to the third line usually due to our depth

Last edited:

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Huge, huge overpayment
JT Miller
He’sprimarily a LW but can fill in at C with no problems and has looked good there. Decent defensively but great off the rush and has great skating, skates through a whole team on occasions, he drives every line he's on. Plays pretty big as well and hits often. Nice hands as well. Kids a bull and a very underrated one. 6’1 218 pounds. 56 points last year and on pace for 55 this year, usually is stuck to 3rd line. Can PK and play PP. just a little scouting report. I think I’d rather keep him. J.T. is already a stud for us and is still only 24. we have little incentive to trade him. If he played top line he'd be a 60-65 guy no doubt but he's stuck to the third line usually due to our depth

Thank you so much for the reply. I haven’t seen a ton of him but always felt he had the ability to be a top line winger.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m assuming his value is relatively high? High pick and a decent prospect at least?

Not really enticing for a multiple 20G scoring 24 year old, unless that top pick is a top-5. Teams picking in that range would probably prefer the 19 year old cost controlled asset anyway.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Thank you so much for the reply. I haven’t seen a ton of him but always felt he had the ability to be a top line winger.
He already is a top line winger. Playing 3rd line and 2nd PP unit and still managing to put up 56 points last year and the same pace this year is what a first line winger does. JTM has potential to be a 60-65 point guy

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Top-4 RHD, or a RH shoot-first type forward, who is not that expensive ex) Tuch, Kase, Hartman would be what I am looking for.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
The Rangers don't need to move him. We'd need a top young defender to consider it.

Frankly, Kreider should go before he does.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers don’t really have a reason to move Miller. I would only do it for a top pairing caliber RHD at similar age and term. Miller is a RFA who should be in the 4.5-5m bracket a season.

I’d honestly want (although he is down this year) like a Justin Faulk type.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Huge, huge overpayment
JT Miller
Spot on and well said.
This is why fair value is a non-starter.
Must be overpayment too good to pass, and if to a div rival like Pens, who my understanding is after Sid + Geno are somewhat thin in pivot w/no C prospects of note, thus we would be doing them a favor extending their immediate window, then it has to be even more. It has to be the very highest bid --- top, top $ only or forget it.

Think Brayden Schenn. Two late firsts and a cap dump.
Agreed I overreached on the last one which started out loosely following this model, but should have stopped at sun and one of stars or moon, not both.
However, in my defense, if hometown hero JT goes to PA, it HAS to be TOP dollar. NOT fair value.

He already is a top line winger. Playing 3rd line and 2nd PP unit and still managing to put up 56 points last year and the same pace this year is what a first line winger does. JTM has potential to be a 60-65 point guy
Yes, and this does not acknowledge the AV factor.
The guy is brilliant at Xs and Os on chart, but mismanages our personnel woefully, one can argue. Still waaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo many effin line changes; reduces familiarity, chemistry, performance.
Miller is no ? top 6 F who can play w first line (for example, Kreider, Zib) mates, including where he is C.

Ask bernmeister what the HF trade equivalent of a King's Ransom would be and you'll have the answer.
Guilty as charged, tho it be no crime.
Like I said above, and I was honest about it, not only has to be too good to walk away from, but top $ if it helps Pens out.

Rangers don’t really have a reason to move Miller. I would only do it for a top pairing caliber RHD at similar age and term. Miller is a RFA who should be in the 4.5-5m bracket a season.

I’d honestly want (although he is down this year) like a Justin Faulk type.

I am most inclined to keep and extend long term.
I wanted to see how far Pens/others might pay.

I would not necessarily turn down another bid if not RD, depending on what is in such offer.
I'd prefer adding to get Pesce or Hanifin instead of Faulk.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Huge, huge overpayment
JT Miller
This sounds like Bo Horvat.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
JT Miller is what he is. Chris Kreider is what he is.

Neither are elite players. Neither will be bring back a kings ransom because they're more valuable to us than another team trading for them.

Reactions: Ori

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would not necessarily turn down another bid if not RD, depending on what is in such offer.
I'd prefer adding to get Pesce or Hanifin instead of Faulk.
Carolina isn’t moving Pesce or Hanifin. In fact the reason that Faulk may be available is those players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad