Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Damned great player JTM. On of the best power forwards in the game.

Lots of blocks and hits in addition to all of the points.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Making me eat so much crow... And I have to say, when served with playoff wins, crow is rather tasty.

In all seriousness. For me, this is a fantastic redemption arc. Just a year ago he was infuriating to watch, before Tocchet arrived. Now he is truly the emotional leader of the team, not just doing angry looking gestures when things are not going his way. IMO reading the room perfectly with the Silvos shirt joke... and now blanketing McDavid 5on5 in game 1 vs the Oilers.

What a guy.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Really appreciate the accountability from him on that final play in Game 4.

He completely blames himself for the pass getting through to the point and for not being able to block the shot.

The strides he's made as a responsible defensive forward are incredible.

He's had a really tough job this series being tasked with going head to head with McDavid (who can play 30 minutes a night without breaking a sweat).

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I hate the chant, it sounds like taunting an opposing goalie ' Jayyy Teee MILLER'

Should be 'MILLSY, MILLSY, MILLSY!'
Really odd thing to bitch about.

Al Murdoch is the absolute best in the biz not to mention he grew up in my hood.

Making me eat so much crow... And I have to say, when served with playoff wins, crow is rather tasty.

In all seriousness. For me, this is a fantastic redemption arc. Just a year ago he was infuriating to watch, before Tocchet arrived. Now he is truly the emotional leader of the team, not just doing angry looking gestures when things are not going his way. IMO reading the room perfectly with the Silvos shirt joke... and now blanketing McDavid 5on5 in game 1 vs the Oilers.

What a guy.
:rolleyes:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'm gonna come out and say it:

Everything about Miller screams "Captain."

Even the media, when they talk about him, they say stuff like:

"Quinn Hughes is the captain, but Miller is the emotional leader of the team."

"Miller is the heart and soul of the team."

"Miller is their leader out there."

This isn't a knock on Hughes. He hasn't done anything to show that he's a "bad" captain. And in terms of talent, he's the most talented player on the team.

But Miller is clearly that guy for the Canucks.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Gotta hand it to Dim Jim for making the trade for this guy, easily his best NHL-level move in his tenure here.

Also credit Allvin for re-signing him to a (now) very team-friendly contract given his value to the team.

Reactions: DS7

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Gotta hand it to Dim Jim for making the trade for this guy, easily his best NHL-level move in his tenure here.

Also credit Allvin for re-signing him to a (now) very team-friendly contract given his value to the team.

When every fan in Vancouver said trade him.

With all the drama that was going in on Vancouver, Miller was one of the most disliked players on the team last year. Especially when he hit his stick on the net to tell Delia to go to the bench. The fact that he was 30 years old and the Canucks had another failed season re-signing him seemed it made 0 sense.

Then they ended up signing him to an 8 year deal and trading our home grown captain in Horvat.

This is why none of us can ever be a GM no matter how smart we think we are.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
When every fan in Vancouver said trade him.

With all the drama that was going in on Vancouver, Miller was one of the most disliked players on the team last year. Especially when he hit his stick on the net to tell Delia to go to the bench. The fact that he was 30 years old and the Canucks had another failed season re-signing him seemed it made 0 sense.

Then they ended up signing him to an 8 year deal and trading our home grown captain in Horvat.

This is why none of us can ever be a GM no matter how smart we think we are.

And now JT Miller is growing his Canucks playoff lore, fans chanting his name and wearing that emotional play on his sleeve.

While Horvat is on Long Island, collecting checks on a team that doesn’t know what their identity is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad