Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
EP ended the previous season getting body slammed by some scrub. Absolutely go out and get the meanest top line player you can.

Perfect trade.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
But let's say it was reasonable to project the Canucks to be a bubble team then. Where do bubble teams draft? 13-16? The picks in those slots were: Coronato, Rosen, Cossa, and Othmann.

Well their pick was the Guenther pick in 2021, so that is the baseline. The spread around the projection would be pretty large.

And more importantly the team that was buying the pick was not buying a pick between 13-16. They were buying a pick that had some probability of being much better than 13-16, with a mid-teens pick being the likely worst case. There was additional value on the upside especially given how poorly the Canucks were run.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
What was his ice time and deployment during his development years? If you still have the time and energy to still defend your position, there’s nothing anyone can do to change your mind. ANY TEAM would make that trade today. Yet there’s still a few wizards claiming that they know more than the “OBC”. Not every guy who played the game is a moron btw. Some of them run pretty good teams. Do you think Jon Cooper never played?

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand that a trade can eventually become good, while missing the entire reason of why that trade was made. Both of these things can be true. Are you able to reconcile these concepts?

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I think that if we hadn't picked up Miller we'd be in a position where Pettersson and Hughes are both already gone and we're rebuilding the rebuild. That might be what some people wanted, heck even as god as this season has been people are still wary, but sitting through another half decade of being terrible in hopes we draft players better than Pettersson and Hughes doesn't sound appealing.
We’d be Buffalo losing and jading franchise players since forever.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand that a trade can eventually become good, while missing the entire reason of why that trade was made. Both of these things can be true. Are you able to reconcile these concepts?
And you dodged my question………..No idea what you are yammering about. Come up for air.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
And you dodged my question………..No idea what you are yammering about. Come up for air.

The ice time for his development years is irrelevant because I had excluded those years in a revised data sample. Please read the posts better.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
HNIC describing Miller as the "bus driver" of the Canucks and it's a very apt description.

The "anti" Kevin Durant.
1710056590748.png

I will die on this hill for sure.

Its QH this year and its not close at all.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Good lord what a player he is this year.

We're witnessing a peak modern day power forward from JT. When you factor in all facets of his game on and off the ice this might be one of the best seasons ive ever seen from a Canucks player.

Im swooning over this dude as are many our of town broadcasters. He's is gaining a huge following in the NHL. GM's drool over a player like him.

Reactions: sting101 and Nomobo

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
JTM has taken his game to another level this year. I thought surely his 99 points season was his absolute peak, but he is producing even better this year while being a much improved 200 ft player.

It's shocking that the pro scout team that identified and targeted him also identified and targeted guys like OEL, Eriksson, Sbisa, Gudbranson, Harmonic, etc. What the heck?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
JTM has taken his game to another level this year. I thought surely his 99 points season was his absolute peak, but he is producing even better this year while being a much improved 200 ft player.

It's shocking that the pro scout team that identified and targeted him also identified and targeted guys like OEL, Eriksson, Sbisa, Gudbranson, Harmonic, etc. What the heck?
This year:
1000043474.jpg

Last year:
1000043476.jpg

Its Quinn Hughes. He is the 5on5 driver.

Reactions: credulous

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023

But I heard he would never have another season approaching 99 points and that he will crater by the time he’s 33 or 34. I could post a long list of guys who were very productive over the last 15 years well into their late and mid 30’s. And I wouldn’t include Sid, Geno or Ovi.

So many folks seem. hate the guy because he plays with an edge, he yelled at a hillbilly goalie to GTF out of the net and he didn’t backcheck few times. Oh and he’s American and supports the boys in blue.

Great trade!! Great signing!!

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
But I heard he would never have another season approaching 99 points and that he will crater by the time he’s 33 or 34. I could post a long list of guys who were very productive over the last 15 years well into their late and mid 30’s. And I wouldn’t include Sid, Geno or Ovi.
You really should post that long list of anomalies!

It will be super insightful to everyone here going forward!

So many folks seem. hate the guy because he plays with an edge, he yelled at a hillbilly goalie to GTF out of the net and he didn’t backcheck few times. Oh and he’s American and supports the boys in blue.

Great trade!! Great signing!!
And stops playing when things get hard.

And got traded from two teams for being "his own worst enemy." His own words.

Last edited:

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
You really should post that long list of anomalies!

It will be super insightful to everyone here going forward!

And stops playing when things get hard.

And got traded from two teams for being "his own worst enemy." His own words.
During the 4 game losing streak, JTM was the only player going. Everybody else was flat.

I think we can all agree that JT's evolved as a player, and thankfully there's Tocchet and company to keep his bad habits in check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad