Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller and Cam Talbot recalled

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
No surprise. I think AV really liked Miller and wants him in the NHL. Hopefully this means both Miller and Fast will be playing full-time with significant minutes though

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Miller would have made the team out of training camp had he not been injured. He went to the pack and played very well.. Talbot cant help but pull for the kid finally making it to the show.. I hope Haley gets a sniff of the Rangers we need someone who can throw down

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Kreider has to feel pretty left out. A natural center gets called up to play left wing over our top prospect, who's a natural left wing?

Hopefully this makes him go nuts fighting for a spot.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
No surprise. I think AV really liked Miller and wants him in the NHL. Hopefully this means both Miller and Fast will be playing full-time with significant minutes though

Both Torts and AV seems to like Miller and, conversely, are a bit dubious of Kreider's readiness.

No matter what happens with Kreider, I think its safe to say that management made a massive blunder with him based on a few good playoff games.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
With Nash and Hagelin on IR and LTIR, respectively, we still have two spots left on the active roster. Right now we have no spare forward and only Falk as a spare on defense. This might not be the last recall today.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider has to feel pretty left out. A natural center gets called up to play left wing over our top prospect, who's a natural left wing?

Hopefully this makes him go nuts fighting for a spot.

Since the '11-12 playoffs, hes done everything possible to thwart his own opportunities. The organization has had a roster spot there for the taking since then and he's been unable to grab it. Its all on him.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I hope they bring him up to center the second line. At least try him there. If he doesn't work out, send him down and let him develop with big minutes in the A. If he's up to be an extra forward or play wing on the 4th line, i'll be...annoyed.

Stepan
Miller
Brassard
Boyle/Moore

Bardof425*

Since the '11-12 playoffs, hes done everything possible to thwart his own opportunities. The organization has had a roster spot there for the taking since then and he's been unable to grab it. Its all on him.

That's an oversimplification and you know it. Coach asked the kid to fill a role that did not play to his strengths. Should he have reacted better? sure. But don't put a power hitter in the leadoff spot and wonder why he's not getting on base.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That's an oversimplification and you know it. Coach asked the kid to fill a role that did not play to his strengths. Should he have reacted better? sure. But don't put a power hitter in the leadoff spot and wonder why he's not getting on base.

Not really. What has Kreider shown for him to deserve playing in the NHL? Nothing. The second he started showing consistency, a spot was his. This call up should be Kreider instead of Miller yet it is not and that is all on Chris Kreider.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I guess playing on the 3rd/4th line took away his ability to try or engage on the ice? This is the lamest excuse going around here. Its takes an astonishing lack of understanding to give somebody a pass in that situation. Its also ignoring the multitude of times Kreider was given top 6 spots and did jack-squat with it. Maybe Kreider himself is buying into this philosophy -- where its OK to pout when not put in the perfect situation. It takes a mental-midget to embrace that sort of thing.

KreiMeARiver*

I guess playing on the 3rd/4th line took away his ability to try or engage on the ice? This is the lamest excuse going around here. Its takes an astonishing lack of understanding to give somebody a pass in that situation. Its also ignoring the multitude of times Kreider was given top 6 spots and did jack-squat with it. Maybe Kreider himself is buying into this philosophy -- where its OK to pout when not put in the perfect situation. It takes a mental-midget to embrace that sort of thing.

If he becomes a bust, I'm sending him an invoice for the $200 I spent on his jersey 2 years ago during the playoffs.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Miller isn't ready.

I'm going to say it in every thread regarding him.

I hope to God he proves me wrong, but I haven't seen it yet.

You haven't seen it yet because we aren't a team like San Jose that allows players to come up and let their skills shine instead of being expected to save our *****. He's 20 and he was very good for the USA team that won gold at the world juniors. Let's put him in positions to succeed before declaring he isn't ready yet. He may not be but playing him out of position and with a bunch of scrubs doesn't allow for an accurate assessment as of now.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
AV you big dummy play Miller at C and have a 4th line of Boyle, Moore, Dorsett.

When everyone is healthy
Richards, Brassard, Callahan
Hagelin, Stepan, Nash
Zuccarello, Miller, Pyatt/Pouliott
Boyle, Moore, Dorsett

I don't care for Pyatt or Pouliott but they are likely going to play still.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Good...Biron stank and hopefully this leads to Boyle being demoted to LW/4th line.

Why not call up Kreider, is this guy a bust?
I'm telling you his lack of production is killing us.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

You don't miss an opportunity to smack around Kreider. Calm the **** down. You're upset that your boy Tortorella got fired and some people use Kreider as a reason for the termination.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
People have been stating that Kreider has looked good in Hartford. I am not sure why Miller gets the call when we need a winger spot filled.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
All I have to say is Miller better ****ing play. If he gets 7-10 TOI I will punch a hole through my wall.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
They better not put Miller on the wing with that stiff Boyle who hasn't done a ****ing thing since 2010-11 and some people want to give him a pass. That's ridiculous. He ****s up constantly and keeps getting to play. $1.7M for this ****ing guy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Miller, Kreider, and Kristo have all played well in hartford. Miller had 4 goals in 3 games played though with 11 shots. Kreider had 2g 1a in 4gp with 12 shots. Looking at the stats it "appears" both were engaged and involved. Miller edged him out.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Your assertions are every bit as ridiculous. When did he ever pout? As tired as you are of seeing the coach blamed for Kreider's ineffectiveness, I'm equally tired of the fallacy that Kreider's troubles stem from a lack of effort.

Kreider busts his ass every year to be stronger and faster and be as ready as possible for camp, but he's lazy on the ice? I don't buy it. Fear of making a mistake, uncertainty in decision making, these lead to hesitation. Hesitation leads to being less engaged on the ice. These aren't excuses. They are simply human nature.

Kreider's struggles aren't his fault. They aren't Tort's fault, AV's fault or management's fault. I don't understand people's incessant need to assign blame. His troubles are simply the result of a player who wasn't ready for the NHL. That's why we develop prospects, rather than expecting them to jump in and be impact players from day 1. Some prospects take longer to develop than others. Considering where Kreider came from, I don't see why anyone is surprised by his development.

BarbaraAlphanse

They better not put Miller on the wing with that stiff Boyle who hasn't done a ****ing thing since 2010-11 and some people want to give him a pass. That's ridiculous. He ****s up constantly and keeps getting to play. $1.7M for this ****ing guy.

4th line guy, somehow manages to get on a top 3 one every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad