Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller and Cam Talbot recalled

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I'm loving Boyle on our 2nd line. LOVE!!!! IT!!!!!!

:shakehead

This is why the guy gets so much crap. Don't get me wrong, a lot of it's warranted but when you put Boyle on the 2nd just to call up Miller and put him on the 4th people are gonna get pissed and lash out at the guy. Let's just keep putting players in positions to fail, great organizational mantra!

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Top minutes in the AHL at center, to 4th line minutes in the NHL on the wing. Makes sense in Ranger-land. I'm officially launching my campaign to take over as the Rangers' GM, because clearly a monkey can do this ****. :nod:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing.

Is it the coaching staff or management? Or both? The coaching staff isn't necessarily responsible for who's called up. They are responsible for assembling the best line combinations from the roster they're given. If Vigneault doesn't think Miller is better than, say, Pyatt, and truly belongs on the fourth line, then it's management's fault for calling him up to begin with.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
This coaching staff is Pejorative Slured.

Bad idea not to watch any tape during the Summer. because of that, he has no clue what these players strengths and weaknesses are.

I said it in another thread, Sather has to step in and remove Pyatt and Boyle. I absolutely detest coaches who have favorites. Usually the favorites are the suck ass players.

It's disturbing when fans on a message board could come up with better line combos. And the person who is paid the big bucks to, can't.

You have to put young players in position to succeed. Fast with two bums isn't going to work. Miller LW 4th line, isn't going to work.

Embarrassing.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Is it the coaching staff or management? Or both? The coaching staff isn't necessarily responsible for who's called up. They are responsible for assembling the best line combinations from the roster they're given. If Vigneault doesn't think Miller is better than, say, Pyatt, and truly belongs on the fourth line, then it's management's fault for calling him up to begin with.

They appear to be just as guilty when AV says that he and his staff will sit down and talk with management about the moves. If they came to the conclusion collectively that they needed somebody in Asham's slot and not someone more skilled to play higher up in the lineup then call up Mashinter or Haley.

Hopefully these lines are scraped pretty early and Miller gets a chance somewhere else in the the lineup or this is just a waste of a move.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This coaching staff is Pejorative Slured.

Bad idea not to watch any tape during the Summer. because of that, he has no clue what these players strengths and weaknesses are.

I said it in another thread, Sather has to step in and remove Pyatt and Boyle. I absolutely detest coaches who have favorites. Usually the favorites are the suck ass players.

It's disturbing when fans on a message board could come up with better line combos.

You have to put young players in position to succeed. Fast with two bums isn't going to work. Miller LW 4th line, isn't going to work.

Embarrassing.

I couldn't agree more with all of this. :handclap: Playing him on the 4th line hurts my brain.

Boyle and Pyatt SUCK.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I agree fully with your point. But in an ideal world they should both be on the exact same page. It's not like there is a Chinese wall up between them, doesn't seem like a big ask. I think back to the Pens-Caps 24/7. Shero and Bylsma would sit down after each game and grade players, discuss who to dress/scratch/call up. Either the Rangers aren't having those discussions or somehow this is the conclusion they are coming to. Don't know what's worse.

Just gotta hold out hope that they may rearrange based on practice, or mid game depending on how it goes. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They appear to be just as guilty when AV says that he and his staff will sit down and talk with management about the moves. If they came to the conclusion collectively that they needed somebody in Asham's slot and not someone more skilled to play higher up in the lineup then call up Mashinter or Haley.

I agree fully with your point. But in an ideal world they should both be on the exact same page. It's not like there is a Chinese wall up between them, doesn't seem like a big ask. I think back to the Pens-Caps 24/7. Shero and Bylsma would sit down after each game and grade players, discuss who to dress/scratch/call up. Either the Rangers aren't having those discussions or somehow this is the conclusion they are coming to. Don't know what's worse.

Just gotta hold out hope that they may rearrange based on practice, or mid game depending on how it goes. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

I agree; seems like both parties are to blame. I think the proper statement to make would have been, "This organization has no idea what it's doing." :laugh:

Thesensation19*

Recalling the last few games in my head, it makes no sense to have had Asham out there. More and more do I hate the signing of Asham. Almost as much as the signing of Pyatt lol.

How are you a 10+ year veteran known in the world of fighting. Probably reminded 10000000x of the new fighting rules. Your role is a fighter. Your job is a grinder/fighter. And what do you do! You take off your helmet.

God i hate staged fights. I know the team wants to be tougher... but staged fights does not make me feel tougher, it doesnt make me feel the Rangers are tougher and in the end of it... it does nothing. In this case, we lose out on ES and go straight to a PK. UGHHHH

Miller will fit more nicely in the line up.

I also like the little wake up call. A few more players will be on their heels now to play smarter. Or Kreider and Kristo are next.

I miss Hags. lol, his speed will be crucial.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Yeah, there's probably a disconnect between the coaching staff and management. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened and sadly won't be the last.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
This is the perfect opportunity to put Boyle on the fourth line where he belongs. Start Miller as third line center. It's so obvious, just don't understand how they can screw this up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't understand why people
seem to think that Miller on the 4th line means he can't show something. Remember when Anisimov played on the 4th line with Shelley? He looked awesome and basically made it clear that he deserved to play with better players. Why don't we expect the same thing out of Miller instead of sitting here complaining that the players he'll be with suck?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Miller's natural position is the wing. The US hockey program put Miller at center. Tortorella the Great said last year that wing was the position Miller grew up playing until he reached the US program in Michigan. The Rangers scouting staff feels Miller's game is best suited at center. What do those ass clowns in the scouting department know?

Its a bit rare to find players who more or less got it all that the center position requires, but Miller has -- potential -- to be pretty close. That is why people are moving him to C. He especilly got the heads up ability to skate with the puck and constantly adjust to a D infront of him.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Richards-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Fast
Boyle-Miller-Zuccarelo
Pyatt-Moore-Dorsett

DUH!

So you want 1st line to score all the goals, 2nd line to get a couple in every 10 games by Brass, third line to get everyone riled up about why Zucc isnt producing and 4th line to ensure Boyle plays 20+ mins every game.

Get Dorsett of this team

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Pyatt really shouldnt be on this team. Kreider over Pyatt.

Richards-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Pouliot-Miller-Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Agreed. We see the same **** over and over and yet the coaches keep doing it. Is there something I'm missing? Sure, there's something called making the kid earn it, but there's also something called putting together a rational lineup. The practice lines bug me not so much because of where Miller's playing - if we had a kickass lineup right now, I would have no problem with saying "hey kid, earn your way up the pecking order" - but because of where Boyle is.

Why does every coach feel compelled to do this? You win by scoring more goals than the other team. But there are only so many you can prevent! I get that they think Boyle is the superior defensive player, but they are SO starved for offense and he is SO bad offensively, he most certainly needs to be moved down in the lineup and, preferably, to wing.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I understand that some here think this is a "shot across the bow" designed to wake some players up but waiving the backup goalie and a washed up journeyman who barely plays is a pretty weak warning shot.
If that was the intent then sit someone more established who is getting more ice time.

In regards to calling up Miller, if you are not gonna play him in a larger role then what exact message are you sending? Don't play bad or we will call up somebody and put them in a position that minimizes their chances of helping us while you get to keep your spot and ice time? I'm all for earning your playing time but when other players aren't earning theirs shouldn't the point be to use call ups and demotions as a means to get them to realize that applies to them too and not just kids from the minors?

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Agreed. We see the same **** over and over and yet the coaches keep doing it. Is there something I'm missing? Sure, there's something called making the kid earn it, but there's also something called putting together a rational lineup. The practice lines bug me not so much because of where Miller's playing - if we had a kickass lineup right now, I would have no problem with saying "hey kid, earn your way up the pecking order" - but because of where Boyle is.

Why does every coach feel compelled to do this? You win by scoring more goals than the other team. But there are only so many you can prevent! I get that they think Boyle is the superior defensive player, but they are SO starved for offense and he is SO bad offensively, he most certainly needs to be moved down in the lineup and, preferably, to wing.

Right. This is a coach who supposedly, did not watch any tape during the Summer because he wanted everyone to have a "clean slate". Yet, Boyle seems to be a favorite. It's like John is still here. At-least John's excuse was Boyle fit the system. What's AV's?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It's just a damn shame that the Rangers can NEVER let their kids develop. Miller could really use more time in the A.

Thesensation19*

It's just a damn shame that the Rangers can NEVER let their kids develop. Miller could really use more time in the A.

Does He? They obviously have a lot of trust in him if there bringing him up over Kreider.

Miller is a NHL caliber player. Hes played good minutes in the NHL last year and is playing great in the AHL.

Yes, a lot of people could use more time in the AHL but did Callahan? Dubinsky? McDonagh? Didnt think so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad