Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller and Cam Talbot recalled

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
You don't miss an opportunity to smack around Kreider. Calm the **** down. You're upset that your boy Tortorella got fired and some people use Kreider as a reason for the termination.

I don't get upset at things in a vacuum. Thats for suckers.

Are you upset, being Kreider is in your avatar, that hes been given every opportunity to take a prime spot for the last 18 months and hasn't been able to do it? Are you upset that you blamed it on Tortorella and now another coach doesn't see the reason for giving him a roster spot? Could it be that Kreider really didn't need to just be "freed" and he needs time - so hopefully his brain can catch up to his body?

Bardof425*

I guess playing on the 3rd/4th line took away his ability to try or engage on the ice? This is the lamest excuse going around here. Its takes an astonishing lack of understanding to give somebody a pass in that situation. Its also ignoring the multitude of times Kreider was given top 6 spots and did jack-squat with it. Maybe Kreider himself is buying into this philosophy -- where its OK to pout when not put in the perfect situation. It takes a mental-midget to embrace that sort of thing.

It's funny, or not so much, that a large amount of your posts position you as some kind of tactical expert and your counter as an imbecile. Clearly, you're an internet tough guy who never stepped foot any sort of playing field. Cause if you did you would know that (and this applies to pros as well) most players of all sports including hockey are not good at all facets of the game. Therefore, it is up to management to put these players in a position to succeed.

Some players, like Pavel Datsyuk, could probably thrive on the back line if they asked him to. However, CK is not one of those players. Anyone who watched him in college and in the WJs know that he has very specific skills and to succeed he needs to be used a certain way. That's the reality. If the Rangers aren't willing to do that he should be moved to a team that will use him correctly.

And you need to chill. You notice you find yourself in a lot of these skirmashes? That's because you are so quick to dismiss the other person that you lose all credibility right away. And in this particular case, you're are just highlighting extreme ignorance.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
They better not put Miller on the wing with that stiff Boyle who hasn't done a ****ing thing since 2010-11 and some people want to give him a pass. That's ridiculous. He ****s up constantly and keeps getting to play. $1.7M for this ****ing guy.

You can thank the GM for that! If he isn't contributing enough to warrant his ice time and contract then ship him out any way possible. Other teams do it, why can't we? I think the reality is that for all his shortcomings he's better than a lot of other options we have which is again the GM's fault.

Hopefully Miller plays well enough that they have no choice but to take ice time from Boyle.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
If he becomes a bust, I'm sending him an invoice for the $200 I spent on his jersey 2 years ago during the playoffs.

If you bought a player's jersey before he played a single regular season game, that MIGHT, just a little bit, be your fault.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Yeah this was the right move. Kreider clearly isn't NHL ready. His positioning and ability to read situations is abysmal. Hopefully this will improve with a full year on the top line in Hartford. He has all the natural ability to be a top 6 NHL player but he's just not there yet.

Miller might not have Kreider's ceiling, but right now he's a much more complete player, and he has a great compete level that this team is sorely lacking right now. His fundamentals are all solid, he still makes some mistakes but he's way more NHL ready than Kreider right now and I think that should be glaringly obvious.

Some players just take longer than others, doesn't mean Kreider will never be good but I think Hartford is where he needs to be right now.

I'm also really stoked to see Talbot get his chance, hopefully we see him start soon. I liked what I saw from him in preseason, it's always nice to see a guy like that get a shot. I'll be rooting for him. If he can play well it's also a good sign for the organization going forward with this being the last year on Hank's contract. Talbot can offer relief that Marty just couldn't because of his age and contract situation.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I hope they decide to let Miller stay up. He needs to stop being sent back and forth constantly. I'd rather him up here but on lines that don't suck (however we can't have it any other way right now)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Glad Talbot is getting his shot. Would have rather kept Miller down with the Pack to get big minutes and keep building his confidence. Though I guess playing on Boyle's wing is just as good. :sarcasm:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Glad Talbot is getting his shot. Would have rather kept Miller down with the Pack to get big minutes and keep building his confidence. Though I guess playing on Boyle's wing is just as good. :sarcasm:

I'm wondering why they decided to bring Talbot up now? Do they foresee him getting a game soon? I don't see it...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Playing with Boyle in the offensive zone is a nightmare. However if JT is with him I think he could learn some good things when playing D. Brian is good there and I think could help him out in those aspects. Problem is, offensively, that's a black hole.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It's funny, or not so much, that a large amount of your posts position you as some kind of tactical expert and your counter as an imbecile. Clearly, you're an internet tough guy who never stepped foot any sort of playing field. Cause if you did you would know that (and this applies to pros as well) most players of all sports including hockey are not good at all facets of the game. Therefore, it is up to management to put these players in a position to succeed.

Some players, like Pavel Datsyuk, could probably thrive on the back line if they asked him to. However, CK is not one of those players. Anyone who watched him in college and in the WJs know that he has very specific skills and to succeed he needs to be used a certain way. That's the reality. If the Rangers aren't willing to do that he should be moved to a team that will use him correctly.

And you need to chill. You notice you find yourself in a lot of these skirmashes? That's because you are so quick to dismiss the other person that you lose all credibility right away. And in this particular case, you're are just highlighting extreme ignorance.

I've played my fair share of hockey, at levels far above the Pee-Wee mentality you champion in a post like this.

Kreider simply cannot process the game at the NHL level right now. Thats what it comes down to. Are you trying to tell me this team is strong enough to allow someone like that to waltz into the lineup? That Kreider has such offensive abilities that it can be forgiven that hes basically paralyzed on the defensive side of the puck? Show me how a coach would allow such a thing at the NHL level.

Truth of the matter is that Kreider is now in a position where he can succeed - the AHL.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Miller's natural position is the wing. The US hockey program put Miller at center. Tortorella the Great said last year that wing was the position Miller grew up playing until he reached the US program in Michigan. The Rangers scouting staff feels Miller's game is best suited at center. What do those ass clowns in the scouting department know?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm wondering why they decided to bring Talbot up now? Do they foresee him getting a game soon? I don't see it...

Well I think it's clear, fair or not, between his time in the SJ game and the STL game AV had 0 faith in Biron to play another game. And that's a huge issue in an Olympic year. Might as well ease Talbot in in practice so AV can begin to see how he reacts at the NHL level. Because if he can't cut it they need to find another option asap.

Plus the side motivation of "sending a message" by removing a good, respected team guy.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Miller's natural position is the wing. The US hockey program put Miller at center. Tortorella the Great said last year that wing was the position Miller grew up playing until he reached the US program in Michigan. The Rangers scouting staff feels Miller's game is best suited at center. What do those ass clowns in the scouting department know?

I'm confused, are you saying he should play center or play wing? Earlier you said he needs to play at center to bump down Boyle but here it seems like you are saying he should be at wing and that it's poor scouting/management putting him at center? I really respect your opinion and your contributions here so please clarify.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I've played my fair share of hockey, at levels far above the Pee-Wee mentality you champion in a post like this.

Kreider simply cannot process the game at the NHL level right now. Thats what it comes down to. Are you trying to tell me this team is strong enough to allow someone like that to waltz into the lineup? That Kreider has such offensive abilities that it can be forgiven that hes basically paralyzed on the defensive side of the puck? Show me how a coach would allow such a thing at the NHL level.

Truth of the matter is that Kreider is now in a position where he can succeed - the AHL.
To be fair this roster has been weak enough to allow Kreider to "waltz" in and get a shot on the top 2 lines. With Hagelin and now Nash out, they have lost two players in their top 6 that provide size and speed. I like Miller but he doesn't provide either of those things. I see nothing to suggest that this callup couldnt have been kreider over Miller. This wasn't or shouldn't have been an easy decision.

Miller's all around game is a step ahead of Kreider's but lets not forget it was his poor positional play in which he looked lost at times that led to his demotion last season. I hope it is different this time around.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
If Miller is only here as a stopgap on the 4th line until Hagelin or Nash return, then they should have called up Haley, Powe, or even Mashinter. He was doing well in Hartford, they need to stop jerking this kid around.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Pyatt really shouldnt be on this team. Kreider over Pyatt.

Richards-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Pouliot-Miller-Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Now everyone will bang out Miller isn't ready when the Rangers trot him out there on the 4th line. Every shift will analyzed frame by frame to show how he stinks. They did Kreider a favor keeping him in the AHL than play on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad