Joshua Leivo

Tyler Biggs*

Cap casualty. Great young player. He'll be back.

Ironically as the Leafs get deeper they will rise closer to the top.

Nicely done Mr Leivo, play your heart out with the Marlies and you will back up soon once injuries hit again...You did well!

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Looking pretty good in the AHL right now. Could be our cheap replacement for Kulemin next season (if our cap situation gets to that point, but hopefully they bring him back)

Last edited:

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Looking pretty good in the AHL right now. Could be our cheap replacement for Kulemin next season (if our cap situation gets to that point, but hopefully they bring him back)

As much as I like kulimen, I can see him being shipped off at trade deadline for a 2nd rounder or something.. Our healthy forward lineup could look like this;

Jvr Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Mcclement Bolland Raymond
Mclaren Smith Orr
*Holland *smithson

Smith could be an extra forward and put mcclement back to 4C so holland can play on the wing for the 3rd line aswell. And with Leivo knocking on the door as soon as next year, I think nonis would try and get assets for him and possibly try to replace the 2nd rounder they traded

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
As much as I like kulimen, I can see him being shipped off at trade deadline for a 2nd rounder or something.. Our healthy forward lineup could look like this;

Jvr Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Mcclement Bolland Raymond
Mclaren Smith Orr
*Holland *smithson

Smith could be an extra forward and put mcclement back to 4C so holland can play on the wing for the 3rd line aswell. And with Leivo knocking on the door as soon as next year, I think nonis would try and get assets for him and possibly try to replace the 2nd rounder they traded

I don't think trading a contributor for a pick helps us very much, although I suppose that depends on where this team is in March. If Kulemin is leaving, Nonis is probably going to be wanting a player back who improves this team now. He hasn't seemed that worried about picks, seeing as he's traded what, 6 of them? in less than a year on the job. Wow, that's almost a full draft.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I don't think trading a contributor for a pick helps us very much, although I suppose that depends on where this team is in March. If Kulemin is leaving, Nonis is probably going to be wanting a player back who improves this team now. He hasn't seemed that worried about picks, seeing as he's traded what, 6 of them? in less than a year on the job. Wow, that's almost a full draft.

trading him for a pick obviously wont help us now but that's not really the rationale behind it.. If we were to trade kulemin it would be because Nonis believes we have the depth to pull it off so it wouldn't lessen the blow. I mean we were able to compete with our top 3 centers out, depth is an area of strength for us. im not calling for him to be traded, because I do like him, but I do think he is somewhat replaceable and he's still a pretty valuable asset

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

If we have players on the marlies that can come up and fill that spot to a similar level as the player we are trading away, I'm fine with trading for picks every time... it builds our farm and doesn't make us any worse right now. After how the Leafs have become such a joke for my life-time (I'm 20 now), I want the next 20 years to be like Detroit's last 20 years.

DaveT83*

Kulemin isn't going anywhere - Raymond could be replaced with Leivo today and we'd probably be better for it. That being said Mason isn't hurting anything by being in lineup - Top6 Mins for Josh on Marlies can only help improve his game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kulemin isn't going anywhere - Raymond could be replaced with Leivo today and we'd probably be better for it. That being said Mason isn't hurting anything by being in lineup - Top6 Mins for Josh on Marlies can only help improve his game.

What..

21 GP 16 points, good defense, and part of the only line that effectively cycles.

If I have the choice between Raymond and Kulemin...I am taking Raymond 10 times out of 10 with Leivo ready to take Kulemin's spot.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
What..

21 GP 16 points, good defense, and part of the only line that effectively cycles.

If I have the choice between Raymond and Kulemin...I am taking Raymond 10 times out of 10 with Leivo ready to take Kulemin's spot.

Kulemin>Raymond. Better defensively, bigger, more physical. Raymond's quicker, but Kulemin is a good skater too. Kulemin has a better shot, when he uses it. Raymond has better hands though. Kulemin is better along the boards and in the cycle game.

Leivo replaces Raymond as a more offensive player. Leivo-Bolland-Kulemin is a good third line.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Kulemin>Raymond. Better defensively, bigger, more physical. Raymond's quicker, but Kulemin is a good skater too. Kulemin has a better shot, when he uses it. Raymond has better hands though. Kulemin is better along the boards and in the cycle game.

Leivo replaces Raymond as a more offensive player. Leivo-Bolland-Kulemin is a good third line.
Well, we're in a thread about Leivo, however Raymond has the production that Kulemin has sorely lost. Kulemin is fantastic defensively but at potentially 3+ which he wont deserve he can sadly be replaced . Just like Raymond can be replaced if he commands too much

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If we have players on the marlies that can come up and fill that spot to a similar level as the player we are trading away, I'm fine with trading for picks every time... it builds our farm and doesn't make us any worse right now. After how the Leafs have become such a joke for my life-time (I'm 20 now), I want the next 20 years to be like Detroit's last 20 years.

Yeah but that's assuming the only player we're getting back in the trade is a forward. Kulemin for Orpik, for example, allows a Josh Leivo/whoever to take his spot and helps address an actual team need.

And I'm right there with you m8 :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad