What should we do with Bailey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bad news. Bailey's career earnings to date = $46,558,128.

Next year he'll make $3,500,000, which would bring his total career earnings to $50,058,128.

You know he's going for the fifty mil.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I was positive he would pass Potvin in all-time Games played
Potvin 1060 and Bailey 1054 with 11 games left - I am not so sure he makes it to 1060.
When Barzal returns Bailey maybe below Holmstrom and Fasching in the pecking order.

And like @MikeyMike01 - it will have to be a trade -
it will either be a Bailey with the 2024 2nd round pick for someone to take on the contract
OR
a trade for someone like Mrazek or Nemeth, where Chicago or Arizona get the better player, the cap hit, AND the player who makes less actual cash. Isles would then buy out Nemeth or Mrazek players.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I was positive he would pass Potvin in all-time Games played
Potvin 1060 and Bailey 1054 with 11 games left - I am not so sure he makes it to 1060.
When Barzal returns Bailey maybe below Holmstrom and Fasching in the pecking order.

And like @MikeyMike01 - it will have to be a trade -
it will either be a Bailey with the 2024 2nd round pick for someone to take on the contract
OR
a trade for someone like Mrazek or Nemeth, where Chicago or Arizona get the better player, the cap hit, AND the player who makes less actual cash. Isles would then buy out Nemeth or Mrazek players.
Most number of games with least impact.

The Josh Bailey award!

Reactions: MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
For the Isles, Bailey is done. I doubt he’s back next year. He had a decent career, wish him well.

Hopefully, his cap hit and low salary will be enticing enough to a rebuilding team. Enough so, that the Isles don’t have to sacrifice much outside of a prospect needing a change of scenery… Bodie Wilde, Robin Salo etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapOnOver

SI

Feb 16, 2013
He's only got one season left right? I mean, if it was more than one I'd actively look to move him off the roster, but at one season left he should be on the bottom six with plenty of nights off until his contract expires.
They cannot afford the 5m, especially if they prefer Holmstrom, Wahlstrom, UFAs Engvall and Fasching to play over Bailey.

If the Cap goes up 1m they cannot afford to give Varly and Mayfield their deals. If goes to 85m - they can keep him, but he takes Engvall or Fasching’s or even a UFA’s roster spot

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Welp....I've disliked Bailey for his whole career which has been 15-16 years now? Many of those years I was hoping we'd trade him. BUT all of these years later, all of them in an Isles uniform...He's done everything hes been asked to do, hes been a soldier through the nonsense years especially early on. He's a bum no doubt but hes OUR bum at this point like it or not. Might as well keep him until he retires. :facepalm:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Welp....I've disliked Bailey for his whole career which has been 15-16 years now? Many of those years I was hoping we'd trade him. BUT all of these years later, all of them in an Isles uniform...He's done everything hes been asked to do, hes been a soldier through the nonsense years especially early on. He's a bum no doubt but hes OUR bum at this point like it or not. Might as well keep him until he retires. :facepalm:

Did we forget to ask him to score?

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Maybe we could just ask him to retire?
Just remove his nameplate from his locker.... He'll be the like the stapler guy from Office Space, who now has to work in the basement and hasnt quite figured out that hes fired.

MSDOFSP_FE001.jpg

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ahh, the loyal soldier bit. The Isles are a jobs program for aging longtimers.

Did we forget to ask him to score?
He’s not capable enough for that.

Maybe we could just ask him to retire?
I was told we can’t do that. Anyone due $3.5M won’t walk away from it.

So he gets buried in the bus league next season.

Well he did score all those goals when Tavares was setting him up during those deep playoff runs under Trotz. Man that was awesome.
A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ahh, the loyal soldier bit. The Isles are a jobs program for aging longtimers.

He’s not capable enough for that.

I was told we can’t do that. Anyone due $3.5M won’t walk away from it.

So he gets buried in the bus league next season.

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away.

with someone else, doing all the work,, as usual.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Remember When.... Tavaras, Trotz and Bailey... :laugh:

Attachments

• farley-mccartney.mp4
    408.5 KB
Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think I would just waive him and send him down instead of a buy out.
I changed my vote from trade him to waive and send him down. For the one year he has left I don’t want to include an asset to make Bailey more attractive to other teams.

Reactions: Bones45 and Big L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad