Value of: Josh Norris to PHI

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
$8MM for 30 p in 48 games. Flyers have enough underperforming assets relative to pay.......No that I think about it he would be perfect for the Flyers

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
To combat your completely made-up claim that he turns the puck over a lot.

To show people reading this thread and thinking that you might have any idea what your talking about that it's not the case.

To put it another way: since entering the league, there are maybe 5-10 players with fewer giveaways and more points than Norris and most of them have been Selke nominees/winners.
Lukas Reichel has only 28 "giveaways" on the season, and that speaks to how much value I place in that particular tracking 'stat'

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Norris has been plagued with inconsistent effort and disappearing for long stretches before one timing a few on the powerplay. He is a Lainie lite player and Lainie pro was frequently in the Torts doghouse. It’s just not a great fit.

What does Marner have to do with this? Are you claiming Norris is about to be a Selke Finalist?

I can disagree based on my own assessment of a player I've seen plenty of, leave the personal attacks at home.

You can call Zdeno Chara short all you want, but you aren't going to get people to believe your nonsense.

Your assesement of Norris is not even close to reality - and I'm far from a fan of his.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I personally a big fan of Norris. I think he can still be a great player in this league. But I also don't think anyone is gonna take the risk with the price-tag involved.

I don't think it's offensive to Sens or Norris fans to say that. As a Flyers fan, I'd love to be the team to take the risk if his contract wasn't what it is.

Reactions: BernieParent

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Norris + Chychrun
for
Farabee + Ristolainen

Note: Norris' health is certainly a big question ATM

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Struggling early into a big contract, I'm low key unsure there's much of a market for Norris right now. That's risk that no other team needs to take on. He has to play his way back to a level commensurate with his salary first.

...and no, a team isn't going to buy low and accept that level of risk. These multiple max-term second contracts that got handed out to unproven talent are relatively new. Some of them aren't going to work out. This might be one of them. Ottawa has to hope that it isn't, but has to bear all of the risk associated with that.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah I take this back. Injured again. Not sure he'll ever be healthy enough for a full season at this pace.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Injury will definitely quiet any trade rumors. At this point, his value is highest on the sens roster. Gotta give him as much time as he needs to get that shoulder right.

On the flip side, this summer is the last one where OTT could buyout his contract for 1/3 the cost, next year it goes up to two thirds. I wouldn't do it but there is a world where it makes sense, he's not gonna be on LTIR for 6 years but at the same time the odds of him getting back to the level he was at in 2022 are pretty low right now. His shot made him a special player and even that was still at about 70% after re-injuring the shoulder last January. Doubt they do this, I wouldn't... but if the shoulder is really bad they may explore the option as no one will take him in a trade at this point in time.

Really worried about him as a player and person, hope he can get it right and make a comeback, will definitely be a great story if he can overcome the challenges ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad