Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I could see Norris or white moving over to the wing especially if we draft another high pick C

If, obviously a BIG if, we were to get Byfield I think we'd see Norris move to the wing. If Brown pans out and we have Byfield we'll have two left shooting Cs in our top 6. I'd think the coaching staff would prefer to round out the top 9 with a rightie (White or Pageau). And I think Norris will be too good to play on the 4th line.

Tkachuk - Byfield - Batherson
Norris/Formenton - Brown - Duclair
Norris/Formenton - White - Abramov
Balcers - Chlapik - Davidsson
Kelly

in a few years

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I havent seen the games, but hasn't the consensus been that Norris has been one of the better players?

Yep, my suspicion is that he might be called up. Apparently it’s likely injury related, although there really isn’t much info out there on his injury.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This. No need to over think anything

And they decided to scratch a developping rookie who's one of our best players?!

I don't know it's kinda odd they wouldn't scratch Klimchuk or Cassels for this one game. This is definitely Norris nursing an injury IMO...

The team is last in their division and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot it would be idiotic to scratch Norris just to accomodate White. They could've had both in the lineup.

Reactions: chipsens and Deku

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
And they decided to scratch a developping rookie who's one of our best players?!

I don't know it's kinda odd they wouldn't scratch Klimchuk or Cassels for this one game. This is definitely Norris nursing an injury IMO...

3 games in 3 nights is extremely taxing. If he does have a small ailment it would make lots of sense to give him a day of rest before he plays b2b.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
3 games in 3 nights is extremely taxing. If he does have a small ailment it would make lots of sense to give him a day of rest before he plays b2b.

All of the roster would be playing 3 games in 3 nights, not just Norris. It makes no sense to single him out UNLESS he has an injury as I previously mentionned. This is definitely not JUST to accomodate White...

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
All of the roster would be playing 3 games in 3 nights, not just Norris. It makes no sense to single him out UNLESS he has an injury as I previously mentionned. This is definitely not JUST to accomodate White...

he’s a rookie and like I said if he has a small ailment that’s been bothering him it makes sense to give him an extra day of rest. We’re saying the same thing here, haha.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

The team is last in their division and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot it would be idiotic to scratch Norris just to accomodate White. They could've had both in the lineup.

I suspect he was scratched because

Anisimov is out
White was playing a rehab start.

If white woke up this morning not well then Norris was getting the call

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I suspect he was scratched because

Anisimov is out
White was playing a rehab start.

If white woke up this morning not well then Norris was getting the call

That's also a possibility.

Although they do have Ryan and Boedker sitting and Namestnikov practiced at C yesterday, I assume one of Boedker or Ryan would've drawn in.

But this is a realistic scenario, didn't think about that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's also a possibility.

Although they do have Ryan and Boedker sitting and Namestnikov practiced at C yesterday, I assume one of Boedker or Ryan would've drawn in.

But this is a realistic scenario, didn't think about that.

Who knows...he might have an injury himself

By all accounts he is playing well in Belleville

Reactions: Boud

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If, obviously a BIG if, we were to get Byfield I think we'd see Norris move to the wing. If Brown pans out and we have Byfield we'll have two left shooting Cs in our top 6. I'd think the coaching staff would prefer to round out the top 9 with a rightie (White or Pageau). And I think Norris will be too good to play on the 4th line.

Tkachuk - Byfield - Batherson
Norris/Formenton - Brown - Duclair
Norris/Formenton - White - Abramov
Balcers - Chlapik - Davidsson
Kelly

in a few years

Hopefully 2F+ 1RD picks over next 2 season in that list plus Pinto, Paul, Pager/CT... I bet Balcers and Abramov, Davidsson are off the team in 3 years. We will have to cycle out some talent if half our prospects turn out.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Norris is having a pretty great rookie season. I've barely seen him mentioned here, maybe I haven't been paying that much attention. I'd imagine there would be a lot more discussion if he wasn't putting up points lol.

Reactions: OD99

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Who was the last 20 year old to have a year like Norris is having in the A? Spezza ?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I figured out what he reminds me of, he's like a very light Brayden Point the way that they do everything on the ice and relied upon for everything. He's gonna be a coaches dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad