Player Discussion Josh Manson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is there anyone out there that still thinks his extension was an overpayment?

I'm pretty comfortable calling him a top pairing guy at this point
Its crazy that hes a +14 with all the injuries and whst not... 10 points in 19 games aint too shabby either.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Well who thought he would lead all our defenseman in points halfway the season?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
in years past Manson never really jumped up into the rush but is doing it a ton and has been very effective at it. he makes good passes and can handle the puck well enough to get points and he doesn't seem to get caught up too much. he is strong enough with the puck that if things don't look good he can dump it without turning it over and leading to a rush the other way.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
in years past Manson never really jumped up into the rush but is doing it a ton and has been very effective at it. he makes good passes and can handle the puck well enough to get points and he doesn't seem to get caught up too much. he is strong enough with the puck that if things don't look good he can dump it without turning it over and leading to a rush the other way.

Yes, I made a similar observation in the GDT. It's new to his game this year and he seems to handle it well. But even Hampus and Cam are doing more of it so it must be something the coaches have been pushing this year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson is king of the second assists this year. That said he’s made some very good strides offensively. More consistency in the defensive end and I think you can argue he’s a legit top pairing guy.

Reactions: Dmang714

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It now doesn't surprise me how well he's done offensively: His dad Dave Manson was good offensively until he became a shutdown type guy.
Dave Manson's 3rd NHL season stats: 18 goals, 36 assists, also had a 45 & 47 point seasons in the early 90s. His dad played with Selanne in 1993-94 Jets, that team also featured the dad of Matthew Tkachuk.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hard not to see why bob Murray said he was untouchable a couple years back
I had forgotten about that thing. Even I was in a ''wtf'' mode back then because Manson didn`t really seemed like anything back then. But since we all knew our mgmt is good at spotting talanted defensemen, I started to pay attention. They were right.
I hope Manson just polishes those defensive things a bit more

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Manson is an obscene +18 this year. I know +/- isn't a good stat but the next highest on our team is tied between Getzlaf and Cogs at +9. Lindholm is only a +7. He's also tied with Montour for highest ppg from defensemen on our team, and is our only defenseman to play all 41 games. He's had his ups and downs this season but his ups have been excellent. What a gem.

Reactions: Getzmonster

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Manson is an obscene +18 this year. I know +/- isn't a good stat but the next highest on our team is tied between Getzlaf and Cogs at +9. Lindholm is only a +7. He's also tied with Montour for highest ppg from defensemen on our team, and is our only defenseman to play all 41 games. He's had his ups and downs this season but his ups have been excellent. What a gem.
He's such a beast. He plays the Ducks brand of hockey too which is awesome.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Manson has yet to pick up a point this season in 4 games while playing 23:00 min a game. Have been seeing some people in the GDT's not so happy with him.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Manson normally goes through 1-2 really bad stretches a year like this. Fortunately, when he’s locked in, he looks dominant, so I tend to ignore them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad