Player Discussion Josh Manson

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
hi ducks fans,

Just wanted to get some feedback on Manson. I know his stats have been bad, but has his play been as bad as the stat sheet shows??
I’ve always liked him so just wanted to ask.

Thank you in advance.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
hi ducks fans,

Just wanted to get some feedback on Manson. I know his stats have been bad, but has his play been as bad as the stat sheet shows??

Thank you in advance.
Pretty much the entire team was bad under Carlyle, so I don't think it's fair to judge him on those games. All of the Dmen were tentative, Manson himself looked unsure and wasn't as physical. Now that Murray has put him and Lindholm back together, it's much better. Last game vs. Caps Manson looked to be himself again. Last year was probably a statistical aberration, BTW.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
hi ducks fans,

Thank you in advance.
No ones stats looked particularly good this year on Anaheim, manson did seem pretty uninterested at points in the season(im guessing due to RC)... hopefully the firing will help some of our guys that seemed mentally checked out(rakell, Lindholm, fowler,montour, manson etc) return to form

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I remember when Ducks were on that big win streak (before the humongous beeg sucking streak, is it over yet?) early in the season, Manson looked fantastic in a lot of games. I'm pretty sure I even went on a record in one of those GDTs that he looks like a no. 1 out there. But it's easier to look good when things are going your way, I guess. He was pretty awful with the rest of the team when things went South.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I remember hearing some sound bites where Manson and a few others said we are working hard, but it's hard to score goals from the boards.

I'm 100% certain now the players tuned RC out and went through the motions. Now that he is gone I expect everyone to kick ass down the stretch to keep their job and not get traded in the offseason.

We'll end up missing the playoffs but not getting a top 5 pick either.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
looked bad. Perrys career started to go downward after a couple of injuries like that

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Out for the season, let the 2019 tank begin... we already have 3 in a row. Manson loves to hurt himself giving a hit like last year when he used his face... :huh:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Manson was supposed to be that Foote type of player, but his skating isn’t good enough and he’s not that mean. He can’t bring leadership if he’s one of your worse dmen.

If we had a smarter GM, would should have given Vegas Montour and kept Shea, who would have given us at least 3 top 4 dmen and a power play weapon. Instead we have Guhle who doesn’t bring defense or offense (just a few glaring turnovers every game) and probably won’t make it with us. I can’t believe we have Murray for another few years before he does us a favor and retires. Let’s cross our fingers he doesn’t trade our top remaining players or our 1st.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I agree that Manson has been bad since he came back from the knee injury (and not amazing before it), but good god! Are people really wanting to ship our best right D over the past 5 years for a slump?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I agree that Manson has been bad since he came back from the knee injury (and not amazing before it), but good god! Are people really wanting to ship our best right D over the past 5 years for a slump?

I have always been a ‘meh’ fan of Manson. Brings a physical and somewhat-edge to his game. Skating isn’t impressive and shot doesn’t really have a boom to it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I don’t want to ship him out but he was pretty bad last year also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad