Josh Leivo

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I really hope he'll get the chance to play alongside Tavares and Marner, that'd be an awesome line.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Leivo or his father must have told Babcock, the truth, the guy is the most overrated baboon in the NHL.

Leivo strikes, he thrusts, he battles on the boards, he gives it everything he has.

Please Dubas, let this guy go and show how bad Babcock is... Soon.

I just think Babcock is the most overpaid goof in sports history.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
put up or shut up time, one of leivos weakness has always been his speed, hes cetainly picked up half a step last 2 years or so but unless hes an above average skater babs prolly doesnt want him. but if he can skate with his size and skillset would defs be a welcomed change. im rooting for the dude.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What do we do with Leivo?

I feel as if something needs to be done this season, you have to give him a full season of playing this season or trade him.

This guy can’t sit and watch another season, seems pretty unfair.

It's not unfair he's simply not good enough it's that simple.

If Leivo was good enough they would make room for him like they have for Johnsson, Kapanen, Dermott, Gauthier although in Gauthier case he failed but they still made room for him.

Leivo simply is not good enough

Reactions: iSophagus

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
It always irks me hyman plays over him. I like hyman but Leivo is the better offensive player imo.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
This guys name comes up in every off season. Many people on HF boards have a fixation with him. Either play him or trade him, he is 25 year old. The Calder was already accomplished. If we trade one of our wingers for potential defensive help I can see him squeezing in the lineup but at this point i dont see him cracking this lineup.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leivo or his father must have told Babcock, the truth, the guy is the most overrated baboon in the NHL.

Leivo strikes, he thrusts, he battles on the boards, he gives it everything he has.

Interesting use of commas.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Yeah, the Leivo situation is proving that Babcock sucks :laugh::facepalm:
It always irks me hyman plays over him. I like hyman but Leivo is the better offensive player imo.
It's almost as if there is more to the game than just playing offense :dunno:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Yeah, the Leivo situation is proving that Babcock sucks :laugh::facepalm:

It's almost as if there is more to the game than just playing offense :dunno:

The problem with Leivo last season is there were better offensive options for where we needed offensive wingers. Like it or not, Babcock likes the defensive role player to compliment the rest of the line so Leivo was not going to win a spot over Marner, Nylander or JVR.

With JVR gone maybe Leivo can push himself up the lineup and do what he does best, create offense and play on the PP (which was where Babcock used him the most if he did get into the lineup).
Going to be tough with Johnsson vaulting over him and he'll have to contribute on the 4th line most likely.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose him to waivers. Just feels like we have no room on the roster for him, and hes not a favourite of the coaching staff.

Near PPG season in the AHL in 2015-16. Some team will want to try him on their roster. But I can't escape the feeling that it isn't here. I've never been blown away by him, like others here seem to have been.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I think dubas is going to force babs to play him.

It would be a crime to ditch him without ever having given him an actual chance, given how well He's produced in his series of half-chances.

really, they should put him with Tavares and let him score 30.

Babcock's hand won't be forced by anyone.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I still think he's a pretty solid player that should have been playing more regularly, especially when Babcock was adamant playing a worst player in Martin.

I hope he can be waived and picked up if he doesn't make the team so that he can play on a team that can use his abilities.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think dubas is going to force babs to play him.

It would be a crime to ditch him without ever having given him an actual chance, given how well He's produced in his series of half-chances.

really, they should put him with Tavares and let him score 30.

He can't force Babcock to play anybody he doesn't have that power because he can't fire Babcock, not after a franchise record season you can't do that, not to mention he has what? 5 more years under contract he can't fire him.

So if he can't fire Babcock then he can't force him to do shit

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Levio signed an extension with us, you do know that right?

You seem to lack reasoning skill and spout off without thinking as this post is one of many of your posts that post hate.

I think you like to troll people on here as you never seem to even attempt to defend similar type posts.

Levio signed an extension that sees him paid well over the League Minimum and Babcock stated when asked about Levio at the time “
"He's a player that we like," Toronto coach Mike Babcock said. "So if you like a guy, why wouldn't you [re-sign him]?"

Yet you think the reason he is not a full time fixture on the Leafs is because Babcock Hates him. Lol

The reason he has not been able to crack the line up is that he can not be a PK player and he is not a top 6 winger on our team. Babcock wants 4th line wingers who can play on the PK. It really is that simply no sinister reasons. Levio if he can not make the Leafs this season will get traded. He is an NHL player just not looking it will be with the Leafs st this point.

Reactions: therealkoho

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
If babcock can't be persuaded to play a certain player because upper management or whoever else sees something there, then he's a jackass
From all accounts, he listens to people's viewpoints

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
What do we do with Leivo?

I feel as if something needs to be done this season, you have to give him a full season of playing this season or trade him.

This guy can’t sit and watch another season, seems pretty unfair.

he will be traded for sure. if he cannot crack the roster full time, they will move him for sure.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I doubt Shanny or even GOD could force Babs to play anyone, imo ...
Babcock's hand won't be forced by anyone.
Dubas has the power to trade and send down Babcock's toys. Y'all think Babcock one day just had a come to god moment and realized Martin isnt good enough? There's definitely some behind the scenes arm twisting not just with Babs but every team.

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
It's not unfair he's simply not good enough it's that simple.

If Leivo was good enough they would make room for him like they have for Johnsson, Kapanen, Dermott, Gauthier although in Gauthier case he failed but they still made room for him.

Leivo simply is not good enough
it's not unfair that he isn't playing on this team, what I find unfair is that IF he isn't able to crack our line-up, which is reasonably true, then you move the guy. Because looking at his game, he can play NHL hockey in this league, it just may not be on a team that is stacked up front like we are.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Dubas has the power to trade and send down Babcock's toys. Y'all think Babcock one day just had a come to god moment and realized Martin isnt good enough? There's definitely some behind the scenes arm twisting not just with Babs but every team.

Babcock will play a very shortened bench than be manipulated by anyone. His contract alone gives him that leeway. "You don't like the way I coach? Fire me" And we all know that won't be happening any time soon.

Do you really think Josh Leivo is the hill that Dubas wants to die on?

Last edited:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
it's not unfair that he isn't playing on this team, what I find unfair is that IF he isn't able to crack our line-up, which is reasonably true, then you move the guy. Because looking at his game, he can play NHL hockey in this league, it just may not be on a team that is stacked up front like we are.
Injuries happen, you know. It's called depth.

How many people here would lose their shit if he was traded and Johnsson or someone similar went down and we didn't have legit depth to step in?

Reactions: egd27 and SAMCRO44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad