Josh Leivo

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
What do we do with Leivo?

I feel as if something needs to be done this season, you have to give him a full season of playing this season or trade him.

This guy can’t sit and watch another season, seems pretty unfair.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Give him 23 games to keep him RFA and laugh at him for resigning when he had a chance at UFA :sarcasm:

I'd prefer we give him a chance because I still think there's something there but we'll see I guess. He could be useful in helping block Johnsson to the 4th line to keep his contract demands down. But that would involve Babs wanting to play Leivo ahead of Johnsson which will never happen and perhaps shouldn't.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
trade him for like a 4th or 5th.

babcock is clearly not a fan of his game, just take the pick and let him go to another situation.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Could be a competition between Leivo and Ennis for a LW spot, even if only until Grundstrom is ready. Don't think Leivo will be a spare again, or skip possible (unrestricted) free agency if he doesn't play enough games. Been tough getting into the lineup thus far, but there are also fewer proven options now compared to before.

Reactions: PuckMagi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I imagine they are waiting to see how he comes into camp.

Theres a full-time winger spot available. If he comes in and doesn't seem like he put in the work during the summer and gets beat out by Tyler Ennis, he's probably traded at some point before the deadline.

If he comes in, and you could tell he was hungry and had a good summer, and then comes into the one ice and stuff and works his ass off, then he'll have a full-time spot.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
T2Pw.gif

Last edited:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I imagine they are waiting to see how he comes into camp.

Theres a full-time winger spot available. If he comes in and doesn't seem like he put in the work during the summer and gets beat out by Tyler Ennis, he's probably traded at some point before the deadline.

If he comes in, and you could tell he was hungry and had a good summer, and then comes into the one ice and stuff and works his ass off, then he'll have a full-time spot.

I don't know, Johnsson and Kapanen both had great summers and looked outstanding in camp, it still took them both having great seasons in the AHL just to get 4th line minutes (and a Komarov injury to get them in the playoffs). Ennis will be harder to beat than Martin.

Reactions: iSophagus

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't know, Johnsson and Kapanen both had great summers and looked outstanding in camp, it still took them both having great seasons in the AHL just to get 4th line minutes (and a Komarov injury to get them in the playoffs). Ennis will be harder to beat than Martin.

I think Josh Leivo is a different situation than Johnsson or Kapanen.

Leivo has been a roster player for us the last two seasons. We just haven't had the injuries for him to get significant time in.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would definitely give him the Captaincy! First line power play and... hold on ;))

Waiver him and he will get picked up because I don't see him getting a chance.

Play him and i think he would get 40 points or close on a full season.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I still suspect that there are some other circumstances to the Leivo situation that aren't public knowledge (and are none of our business).

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes gonna be our 12th or 13th forward at least, and leivo is more than solid enough for that role...and i mean if he loses those jobs to ennis and grundstrom, well then nothing has to be said

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think dubas is going to force babs to play him.

It would be a crime to ditch him without ever having given him an actual chance, given how well He's produced in his series of half-chances.

really, they should put him with Tavares and let him score 30.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think dubas is going to force babs to play him.

It would be a crime to ditch him without ever having given him an actual chance, given how well He's produced in his series of half-chances.

really, they should put him with Tavares and let him score 30.

I doubt Shanny or even GOD could force Babs to play anyone, imo ...

Reactions: iSophagus

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leivo will for sure get to play and have chance to prove himself once again, you need depth beyond your top opening night 12 forwards, in the pressbox or down in minors you gotta have depth...not everyone is playing 82 games, we not gonna be injury free...how many games he plays will be on him and how well he plays, theres some guys knocking on the door too if he doesnt cut it

Last edited:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I still suspect that there are some other circumstances to the Leivo situation that aren't public knowledge (and are none of our business).
Hit the nail on the head.

TML are being respectful and are keeping them internal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad