Josh Leivo

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Josh Leivo is a modern day Jeremy Williams

Jeremy Williams was a disaster liability.

Williams: 28gms, 45.5cf% -(7.4rel), 43.1xgf% (-7.4rel)

Just absolutely unplayable. It's too bad, because he had some legit skill.

Sosh was also pretty terrible:

Soshnikov: 82gms, 47.6cf% (3.3rel), 45.7xgf% (-5.7)

Neither of them are like Leivo, though:

Leivo: 44gms, 51.1cf% (+2.0rel), 52.7xgf% (+7.5rel)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kapanen has played on the 4 th line with the expectations that goes along with it. His iq is more than fine. He does what is expected of him. He has made great strides in his defensive game as that is the role he has been given. He is far better then what some on here are writing about. As without context an opinion of him is just seen through what his coach wants him to do. He is very skilled and good defensively something he learned simce he became a pro. Questioning his IQ seems questionable at best as killing penalties effectively means making good reads and that is all IQ based.
I think the game needs to slowdown for him because of the speed he plays at, that can take awhile to adapt to at the NHL level. It took Larkin a bit and it also took MacKinnon awhile. I'm not expecting him to reach the level those guys played at last year, but he has another gear or two in him. Now, can he take that next step, or does he carve out a career as a Grabner or Hagelin. Who would still be valuable players if they are under team control and in the last year of their ELC.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
thanks for the link but i think most of us know how the nhl does it, and how accurate they mostly are depending on the arena

i'm more interested in the corsi type stats and that kind of stat collection

Yea me as well, can't seem to get much info on that.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
if leivo is gonna do anything in the nhl with the leafs he better do it now, hes drafted like what 7-8 years ago, 25 is pretty much the start of your prime years and leivo is already entering it...and the competition for 12th and 13th forward is pretty weak

leivo can play, the main thing is, hes been like that 12-15 depth guy to start a year for like 5 years now, and every year guys younger then him has just passed him, with grunny maybe up next...this shows our scouting and depth more than anything, theres no conspiracies
I'm beginning to see a pattern. Let's see how he does with no JVR and uncle Leo... oops, almost forgot we already have Johnsson and Kappy :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad