Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang 2018-19 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
It's all up to him to right the ship. He's been singled out so many times in his young career its hard to keep count. Life's not fair kid, just keep quiet and start producing. You'll get your chance again.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I think they will give him to the trade deadline and if he doesn’t improve I see him being traded or maybe even waived depending what they do at the deadline. The only way i see him getting another look if someone gets hurt in the top 6 and he improves his play soon. He really needs to shoot the puck he is too predictable with his passes. I think he thought he didn’t deserve the demotion and was the reason for his current poor play. I think if was late again he would have understood more and less sulking but who knows. He is running out of chances.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I think they will give him to the trade deadline and if he doesn’t improve I see him being traded or maybe even waived depending what they do at the deadline. The only way i see him getting another look if someone gets hurt in the top 6 and he improves his play soon. He really needs to shoot the puck he is too predictable with his passes. I think he thought he didn’t deserve the demotion and was the reason for his current poor play. I think if was late again he would have understood more and less sulking but who knows. He is running out of chances.

What a waste. The kids never going to be a star player in the league but he will eventually start producing at decent clip. With talent such as his I just don't see that not happening as he gains more of his man strength. If anyone needs to mature both physically and mentally it's JHS.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
What a waste. The kids never going to be a star player in the league but he will eventually start producing at decent clip. With talent such as his I just don't see that not happening as he gains more of his man strength. If anyone needs to mature both physically and mentally it's JHS.

He can gain as much "man strength" as he wants, if he continues to conduct himself like a grade school child, it's in vain.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I think we need to come to the realization here that we have seen the last of Josh Ho Sang.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
JHS is an RFA after this year. If I did my math right he's going to be owed a QO of about $950,000. Certainly not much to keep his rights, but Lou has to be looking to deal him. If he cannot, the Isles seriously might not qualify him thus making him a FA.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
JHS is an RFA after this year. If I did my math right he's going to be owed a QO of about $950,000. Certainly not much to keep his rights, but Lou has to be looking to deal him. If he cannot, the Isles seriously might not qualify him thus making him a FA.

Why not qualify him, then waive him if he doesn't make the team. If he's claimed, oh well. If he's not, great, more time to figure it out.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why not qualify him, then waive him if he doesn't make the team. If he's claimed, oh well. If he's not, great, more time to figure it out.

Literally any other young player with upside of course they would qualify him. I just wonder with Ho-Sang would Lou make a statement that enough is finally enough to not just Ho-Sang, but rest of the team. Ho-Sang was snow's project and there's a new sheriff in town. By the time the QO needs to be extended Lou/Trotz will know what kind of offseason work JHS is doing (or not doing), and if they can't trade a young player earning less than 1 million then he literally has no value.

Reactions: Stercrazy

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Depends how many contracts the Isles will have at that point, and whether Lou and Co. want to waste one of the 50 contract limit on someone they don't feel has a future with the organization.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Literally any other young player with upside of course they would qualify him. I just wonder with Ho-Sang would Lou make a statement that enough is finally enough to not just Ho-Sang, but rest of the team. Ho-Sang was snow's project and there's a new sheriff in town. By the time the QO needs to be extended Lou/Trotz will know what kind of offseason work JHS is doing (or not doing), and if they can't trade a young player earning less than 1 million then he literally has no value.

He could have value down the line for the team. His $1 million doesn't impact the cap if he's in the AHL after being waived.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Depends how many contracts the Isles will have at that point, and whether Lou and Co. want to waste one of the 50 contract limit on someone they don't feel has a future with the organization.

NYI have at least 6 expiring 2-way contracts for players including Ho-Sang. They have 5 unused contracts. That's not counting any free agent on the roster, or any of their prospects. That's 11 contracts

Here's the Islanders Reserve List:

New York Islanders Reserve List - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

We'll have to see, but I'd guess there will be enough room to fit Ho-Sang in. That said, I also wouldn't at all be surprised if both parties mutually agree to allow him to seek his fortune elsewhere.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
He could have value down the line for the team. His $1 million doesn't impact the cap if he's in the AHL after being waived.

Yes, but the other question is...The Isles will certainly be signing/trading a lot of players over the coming months and could come up against the 50 contract limit. That also could be a factor in non retaining Ho-Sang.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
It's clear JHS has his problems and he may never overcome them enough to be a successful NHL player. With that, isn't it also obvious that Brent Thompson just has it out for him? Not sure the backstory behind whatever is going on, but he needs to eb out there. Even if the Isles have no interest in ever making him a part of their team, they're foolish not to be doing anything they can to help his trade valuue, no?

Player could be an absolute cancern but I'd have him out there every night because right now is value is a fat ZERO and it's a mistake not to do everything you can to increase that. Unless the Isles still see him as a part of their future core (which I doubt,) then they're wastignt heir time and effort and whatever remains of this asset's value to teach him a damn lesson.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It's clear JHS has his problems and he may never overcome them enough to be a successful NHL player. With that, isn't it also obvious that Brent Thompson just has it out for him?
I guess everyone "has it out for him."

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
With that, isn't it also obvious that Brent Thompson just has it out for him?.

I highly doubt Brent Thompson or anyone in the organization has it out for him...

There may be no one in the organization that can connect with him or get through to him, but to have it out for him aka want him to fail is a ridiculous statement in my opinion

Reactions: IwayMike

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Why when we talk Garth’s bust picks, this one is never included? This kid was a first round pick. Later yes. But still a first. Dal Colle is showing signs of life and maturity. Why is there different standards being held by some?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Why when we talk Garth’s bust picks, this one is never included? This kid was a first round pick. Later yes. But still a first. Dal Colle is showing signs of life and maturity. Why is there different standards being held by some?
Because draft picks each have different value and Dal Colle was the 5th overall pick, not a late first. Shocking concept. Snow had much worse busts typically more worthy of mentioning than Hosang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad