Josh Hader Twitter Controversy (and many other players)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hader's tweets were much worse....newcomb basically just calling people bundles of sticks like a 12 year old

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sign up for social media, and this type of shit happens. Don't sign up for it and you're labelled an outcast. Damned either way.

Reactions: SnS

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Newcomb's agent must be a moron. After the Hader incident happened, every professional sports agent should have had their assistants or themselves go through every single of their client's social media accounts to look for stuff like this. I'm sure a lot of agents did, but apparently not Newcomb's. Not that it excuses Newcomb or anyone else though.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Sign up for social media, and this type of **** happens. Don't sign up for it and you're labelled an outcast. Damned either way.

Outcast is the way to go. Especially if you struggle in not being an idiot.

Just admit everything and sincerely apologize for your foolishness. People will never forget but they will forgive if you're serious.

Let's hope some Atlanta fans don't pull the same BS that Milwaukee did.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sign up for social media, and this type of **** happens. Don't sign up for it and you're labelled an outcast. Damned either way.

Social media isnt even social. All it is, is an obnoxious business platform where people willingly give up theitr personal info and then get subjected to ads of their interest. Its watching u. Thats how this big tech survives. Its all one thing. Just because people can argue on a keyboard doesnt make it social. All social media is, is an instant gratification of mild narcissism in a society that has become narcissist overall.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
at this point people are just running scripts with keywords against a list of mlb player twitter and hoping something comes up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
at this point people are just running scripts with keywords against a list of mlb player twitter and hoping something comes up.

I mean if your agent isn't immediately scrubbing all your old Tweets then they're not doing their job at this point. Now it seems as if the PC police are out in full force looking for more Josh Haders.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Trea Turner too.

Good lord.

And Merrifield is quite a bit older than these guys. Looks like he was 23 at time of his offensive tweet.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I mean if your agent isn't immediately scrubbing all your old Tweets then they're not doing their job at this point. Now it seems as if the PC police are out in full force looking for more Josh Haders.

Honestly, I think most normal people don't give two craps about this and the more players they go after the less people will care.

Reactions: Belieber

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly, I think most normal people don't give two craps about this and the more players they go after the less people will care.

yeah the entire stuff on the nats announcement is people saying who cares and they tired of this. apparently this all started when someone (apparently a nats fan) found the newcomb tweets so someone else (apparently a braves fan) revenged searched

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
trea turners is weird, he calls himself the f word. but he cant say that stuff, but at least theres no n word (at least so far)

He's telling a story of someone who said something offensive to him. I'm a Mets fan, he's a National, so I hate him. But people need to chill. this is incredibly stupid.

I'm way more offended by Trea Turner's inability to use contractions correctly than I am any of the things he tweeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad