Josh Hader Twitter Controversy (and many other players)

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I can tell you when I was 16 I posted dumb stuff on MSN (when that was a thing).

Some stuff? "America is under attack! We're all going to die!!"

"I work with a guy named Mohammad? Hope he's not a terrorist"

These are incredibly stupid stuff to post that makes me seem heartless and/or racist. I'm 31 now and am embarrassed to have once posted these things. But guess what? I was young and dumb.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can tell you when I was 16 I posted dumb stuff on MSN (when that was a thing).

These are incredibly stupid stuff to post that makes me seem heartless and/or racist. I'm 31 now and am embarrassed to have once posted these things. But guess what? I was young and dumb.

Well I, for one, plan on taking this information to the media and will be telling everyone to find out your name, where you work, and to get you fired for even thinking such vile, offensive things fifteen years ago.

It's 2018, gosh darn it. :sarcasm:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

I know people who said far worse as kids who are now university professors, directors, civil servants, social workers, emergency room surgeons. They also *did* some pretty bad stuff I wouldn't even want to discuss.

14-18 year old guys are driven by testosterone, try to prove themselves and jostle for position in their hierarchy with gestures of bravado, they love breaking rules and challenging social norms. You're lucky if you grew up before the internet or were already savvy enough to take advantage of online anonymity for the wilder stuff.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This is such a f***ed up, sad situation. The tweets are bad but who gives a f*** now? Is he saying those things now? No? Okay well I guess there is no problem here then.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
It amazes me the lengths people go to defend someone posting stuff about hating homosexuals and promoting white power.

Sure, he may have been young, but if you can get fired from a regular desk job for the crap you post online, then professional athletes should be held to the same standard.

Reactions: Wrigley

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I suppose you were perfect when you were 17.

i wasn't spouting the n word and saying white power at 17

and like i've said before, let's not act like he was a child when he posted these things. it was 7 years ago

Reactions: Wrigley

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i wasn't spouting the n word and saying white power at 17

and like i've said before, let's not act like he was a child when he posted these things. it was 7 years ago

Well i said lot of racist and sexist shit. Growing up racism was all around me and at times i answered racims with racism. Back in the 90s it was somewhat common to say derogatory things about gays and lesbians and wasnt really frowned upon. Good thing I'm not a baseball player. Am I proud of things I said? Off course not and if I could I'd take it all back. Sadly back then racism was at it's peak and I didn't know any better. I suppose I'm a bad person and they should parade down the main street and throw rocks at me.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't think it's fair to judge this local lad by tweets he made when he was in high school.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Well i said lot of racist and sexist ****. Growing up racism was all around me and at times i answered racims with racism. Back in the 90s it was somewhat common to say derogatory things about gays and lesbians and wasnt really frowned upon. Good thing I'm not a baseball player. Am I proud of things I said? Off course not and if I could I'd take it all back. Sadly back then racism was at it's peak and I didn't know any better. I suppose I'm a bad person and they should parade down the main street and throw rocks at me.

I'm sorry, but openly admitting that you said racist and homophobic stuff doesn't help your argument. It only makes you look bad.

You're also taking about the 90's as if it was the height of racism, but it wasn't.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I'm sorry, but openly admitting that you said racist and homophobic stuff doesn't help your argument. It only makes you look bad. You're also taking about the 90's as if it was the height of racism, but it wasn't.
We'll teach him about slavery someday. ;)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm sorry, but openly admitting that you said racist and homophobic stuff doesn't help your argument. It only makes you look bad.

You're also taking about the 90's as if it was the height of racism, but it wasn't.

It was where I grew up.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My grandfather lived in Europe before WWII. He told me that Hitler's rise to power was made easier by people defending racism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad