Josh Hader Twitter Controversy (and many other players)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You don't honestly believe that, do you? :biglaugh:
What, that I don't want my MLB riddled with moronic atheletes posting hate speech on social media?

These players either need to accept help, or just dissapear. When you post unprotected tweets on Twitter you are setting yourself up for these types of witch hunts, and rightly so. I don t need this type of stuff in baseball.

Him being a teenager is no excuse to post such hate on social media. You just can't say "well that's how teenagers talk" and expect said player(s) to get a pass because teenagers talk like that doesn't mean it's ok to post such things on social media.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What, that I don't want my MLB riddled with moronic atheletes posting hate speech on social media?

These players either need to accept help, or just dissapear. When you post unprotected tweets on Twitter you are setting yourself up for these types of witch hunts, and rightly so. I don t need this type of stuff in baseball.

Him being a teenager is no excuse to post such hate on social media. You just can't say "well that's how teenagers talk" and expect said player(s) to get a pass because teenagers talk like that doesn't mean it's ok to post such things on social media.

There's a reason minors aren't sentenced as harshly as adults

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
"White power" is not something stupid you just say because you're a dumb kid.
I'm not condoning actions like that at all, but teenagers are easily influenced by people close to them. If you grow up in a family with racist tendencies in an area where you are not exposed to other cultures, it is likely you will have the same views as those people. The hope is that as you get older and experience more, your views will evolve and change for the better.

Whether it's bad humor or pure ignorance, shunning and mocking is not the way to foster change. It has to be done with more speech. Look at the defectors from the Westboro Baptist Church as an example. Those are some incredible stories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad