Rumor: Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sold on trading Gorges because when he was out last March, Subban absolutely stunk the joint out.

You mean when Subban made Bouillon look like an above average NHLer after being sat 30 games in a row?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 35s View translation
Les Predators tentent d'échanger Michael Del Zotto. #tvasports

Translation:

The Preds are trying to trade Del Zotto

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
McKenzie tweeted that they talked, but the Leafs (and all other Canadian teams) are on his no trade list.

Can anyone explain to me why Josh Gorges has a no tradeable list?
I mean did the Canadiens give one to Douglas Murray too? Goodness gracious...
:shakehead

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 35s View translation
Les Predators tentent d'échanger Michael Del Zotto. #tvasports

Bergevin is all up in this. Subban is pretty much MDZ, right? But we'll save money on the contracts if we swap them.

Do it, berg.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sold on trading Gorges because when he was out last March, Subban absolutely stunk the joint out.

Please don't tell me that ur saying that PK needs Gorges to be good. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT'S WHAT UR SAYING!

Gorges is Komisarek circa 2010 to PK's Markov. We should trade him before Tinordi takes his spot and everyone realizes just how average he really is.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You mean when Subban made Bouillon look like an above average NHLer after being sat 30 games in a row?

No, go back and read posts from last March on Subban. He played his career worst hockey when Gorges was out. Don't know if it was fluke or something to it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Please don't tell me that ur saying that PK needs Gorges to be good. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT'S WHAT UR SAYING!

Gorges is Komisarek circa 2010 to PK's Markov. We should trade him before Tinordi takes his spot and everyone realizes just how average he really is.

What a joke. Pk needs someone who doesn't suck to play with him because he plays huge minutes for the team. There aren't many (if any) #1's out there who can shoulder a boat anchor like Franky B. Gorges is at least a legit top 4 dfd who cuts down on offensive chances against better than most.

Saying he's average is admitting your own ignorance on the matter.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

When he was being paired with Bouillon or Murray you mean?
Because when he was paired with Markov they were absolutely owning their opposition.
Also, when Gorges and Murray were both out, Subban got some regular playing time on the PK and the opposition never scored.

What I will say about Gorges is that he steps up in the POs. However, I don't think Gorges should play with Subban. It should be Markov.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
When he was being paired with Bouillon or Murray you mean?
Because when he was paired with Markov they were absolutely owning their opposition.
Also, when Gorges and Murray were both out, Subban got some regular playing time on the PK and the opposition never scored.

What I will say about Gorges is that he steps up in the POs. However, I don't think Gorges should play with Subban. It should be Markov.

I don't see how anyone can suggest markov play even bigger minutes for this team after last season. It makes no sense.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Sometimes gorges makes me angry when he scores on his own net which was about 4 times in playoffs but he is a solid d and unless somehow we get a top4 to replace him I dont get why we would trade him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Like when he backed into Tokarski and basically caused a goal.

Or when he actively deflected a puck into his own net.. not by mistake but with an actual wave of his stick.

Or when he just sucked the rest of the time against the rangers?

I don't know man.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Like when he backed into Tokarski and basically caused a goal.

Or when he actively deflected a puck into his own net.. not by mistake but with an actual wave of his stick.

Or when he just sucked the rest of the time against the rangers?

I don't know man.

Or how he played over 20 minutes every single game in the playoffs on the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, against mainly the other teams' top 6 forwards and playing big minutes on our first PK.

Sure he makes some bad plays but his positives outweigh his mistakes and he comes to play every single night.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
Really, the only upside to trading Gorges over Emelin is Subban will be in a real position to be captain if Gionta isn't re-signed. Hockey-wise Gorges is worth more than Emelin. When Emelin isn't hitting, he's pretty bad.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Really, the only upside to trading Gorges over Emelin is Subban will be in a real position to be captain if Gionta isn't re-signed. Hockey-wise Gorges is worth more than Emelin. When Emelin isn't hitting, he's pretty bad.

Plekanec and Markov would be the two most likely to become captain if Gio and Gorges were both gone.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't see any good reason to trade Gorges un less somebody really overpays. He's a solid #3-4 with a good contract, strong leadership and work ethic are a bonus.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I don't think Subban is anywhere close to being captain.

He would be maybe 6-7th on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany