Rumor: Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Wow.. he's got so many backers. I guess I'm the only hater.

What's amazing is that it took a Gorges injury for people to see how valuable he was to this team. It was not too long ago that so many were complaining about how he was overrated and over paid.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
What's amazing is that it took a Gorges injury for people to see how valuable he was to this team. It was not too long ago that so many were complaining about how he was overrated and over paid.

This

ppl mocking him with the "lets go red" etc

dude has been great, last night played 27 mins along with Subban. Markov and Emelin were next at arounud 21 I think, thats a big gap.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I'll tell you why I hate.

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

He's a shot blocker and nothing more. He's a poor man's Weaver.:laugh:

When you play against a team that is as well structured to maximize puck possession as the Bruins are, it helps to have multiple shot blockers on the team.

If not, you will get lit up often.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

That's all well and good, as long as you're comfortable with being completely wrong in your reasons for hating the guy.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Either Markov and Emelin suck or Gorges is better than you think.

Montreal must be the envy of all teams. It's obvious third pairing guys can log this many minutes nightly

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
No Canadian teams on Gorges' 15 tradeables but seems Toronto was interested at the draft per TSN.

Makes sense if he's being shopped we need to make room for Tinordi and Beaulieu, also Emelin should be on the left side.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
No Canadian teams on Gorges' 15 tradeables but seems Toronto was interested at the draft per TSN.

Makes sense if he's being shopped we need to make room for Tinordi and Beaulieu, also Emelin should be on the left side.

And then TML get Polak instead...which is what we would of needed...:facepalm:

PricePkPatch*

Heard on the radio there were lots of talks sorrounding Gorges

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Please tade the brain dead Russian instead. Maybe nobody wants that horrendous contract

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
They both have horrible contracts.

Gorges >> Emelin, while emelin gets paid more. In a league where Nikitin is making 4.5, I'm more than happy with Gorges at 3.9 or whatever it is he makes. Anybody saying we should trade Gorges over Emelin doesn't know what they're talking about.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Really reliable defense man, not that spectacular, but has a tendency to do the small details well and for this reason has some good trade value I'd say. Since our defense is in the process of getting renewed I would make a sacrifice and try to turn his contract into a top 6 forward, packaging an interesting prospect with him or some other pieces that are log jammed. (Eller for instance).

If we can't do that then obviously I wouldn't just throw him away for futures. Unless we can get a 1st in 2015 (doubtful)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Interesting because minutes before Toronto traded for Polak it was reported that Nonis and Bergevin were talking to each other.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Gorges >> Emelin, while emelin gets paid more. In a league where Nikitin is making 4.5, I'm more than happy with Gorges at 3.9 or whatever it is he makes. Anybody saying we should trade Gorges over Emelin doesn't know what they're talking about.

This. Gorges is not an elegant D but he gets the job done and always does the right thing. Something Emelin is incapable of doing. If he doesn't hit he is useless. I'm also chocked that they intent of trading Gorges as it would shake the leadership in the room.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
This. Gorges is not an elegant D but he gets the job done and always does the right thing. Something Emelin is incapable of doing. If he doesn't hit he is useless. I'm also chocked that they intent of trading Gorges as it would shake the leadership in the room.

Don't care so much about the leadership aspect. I don't pretend to know how important he is or isn't in the room, but I do know how important Gorges is in the hockey playing aspect.

Sad thing is I don't even really like Gorges. But there's no way in hell he should be going anywhere over Emelin.

Analyzer*

Interesting because minutes before Toronto traded for Polak it was reported that Nonis and Bergevin were talking to each other.

McKenzie tweeted that they talked, but the Leafs (and all other Canadian teams) are on his no trade list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad