Rumor: Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I guarantee we will lose any trade involving Gorges, thus it is wiser to keep him. Emelin would make a lot more sense to trade.

Physicality. That's why Emelin is staying put.

TBH, I don't think I could deal with trading away our one weapon in that department. There has to be some fear in another team when crossing our blue line, as much as I'm a fan of talent and skills.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

TBH, I don't think I could deal with trading away our one weapon in that department. There has to be some fear in another team when crossing our blue line, as much as I'm a fan of talent and skills.

And Gorges brings neither of those two things either :laugh:. He is a very good defensive top 4.... but I would wager PK would produce more with someone a little more offensively adept as his partner.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

Physicality is extremely overrated, as for Emelin, when hits come at the expense of defence then what's the point?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If the Habs were getting something decent from the Leafs and not Franson I'd like for Gorges to waive and go to the Leafs. If however it's Gorges for Franson, thank you Gorges for nixing the trade to the Leafs.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If he really did care about the team and was a real competitor he'd have allowed the trade to go through. Toronto is a division rival and what better way to stick it to us than to play us often? It's clear they want to move him anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad