Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I can't help that your reading comprehension is on the level of Mitch Fritz. My evaluation of Josh "novocaine" Bailey is spot on.
Reading comprehension is not the issue. I can read in three different languages. But the ramblings of uncultured goobers are not worth my time.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I see you are in rare form today too!! You're grumpy? NAMBLA meeting cancelled?

I am most concerned that many people on this board get the NAMBLA reference.

b643ce6fe1a6b19ecf59afa123c46bb5.gif

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I can't help that your reading comprehension is on the level of Mitch Fritz. My evaluation of Josh "novocaine" Bailey is spot on.
I still sometimes call Tanner Fritz, Mitch.

For all we know, Mitch Fritz may have been a poet in his down time though.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Ya know, I ran into a season ticket holder at Barclays a season or two ago and he promised me a beer because I always cheered and supported Bailey.

Was that any of you? I'm a waiting.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Ya know, I ran into a season ticket holder at Barclays a season or two ago and he promised me a beer because I always cheered and supported Bailey.

Was that any of you? I'm a waiting.
When someone offers you a beer, you accept on the spot. Those offers expire pretty quickly. I'd think at hockey game amongst strangers, even more so.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Fritz, Fritz, Strait, Bailey, Muller,,,, all fall into the same category

Can you imagine if Bones was one of our scouts? I have missed things in individual games and maybe for a week or two but to miss a whole career for a team you follow for a guy that will be in the Islanders hall of fame barring unforeseen injury or sudden trade (bet me on that) is very entertaining....

My favorite is when you call him a "floater".. To quote the great Inigo Montoya "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"… our best positional forward whose defensive responsibility is the reason why the D pinches in more often when he is on the ice and his ability to start the rush with his chip passes when we are hemmed in... just because he is not a physical player doesnt' make him a floater but, if he is, you better tell Trotz since he keeps putting him out in critical situations when there is a faceoff in our zone late in games when we have the lead..

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Can you imagine if Bones was one of our scouts? I have missed things in individual games and maybe for a week or two but to miss a whole career for a team you follow for a guy that will be in the Islanders hall of fame barring unforeseen injury or sudden trade (bet me on that) is very entertaining....

The day he goes into the Isles HoF is the day I change my favorite team.

My favorite is when you call him a "floater".. To quote the great Inigo Montoya "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"… our best positional forward whose defensive responsibility is the reason why the D pinches in more often when he is on the ice and his ability to start the rush with his chip passes when we are hemmed in... just because he is not a physical player doesnt' make him a floater but, if he is, you better tell Trotz since he keeps putting him out in critical situations when there is a faceoff in our zone late in games when we have the lead..

I call Bailey many things. Hard to concentrate on one description when so many others are better.

The italicized part -- you have described exactly his game. Defensive, chip passes.. blah blah blah -- lovely.. he is a third line nothing. He plays a system which stresses defensive -- that's good for him, cuz after all these years, he's finally learned something.

How about the rest of my diatribe? Where I so nicely illustrate that he excels at pretty much nothing -- and the best thing you can say about him is that he is solid defensively. Big f***ing deal. The way successful teams are made nowadays, that is the name of the game. Bossy and Trotts skills in a player arent even needed anymore. And I call him a floater -- and Ill also use another favorite word of mine to describe that bucket of shit.. perimeter player. That is actually a better one.

Does he mix it up in front? No -- That's Anders Lee. Look at Zeeker and Cal get dirty and playing their ass off. You can find Bailey somewhere alone, jerking off, waiting for the puck to be passed to him. If any player comes within 10', hes dishing it off.

Since nobody answered my question (mostly, because you can't)... What is it that we lose when he is out of the lineup? What is this abyss which we have should princess get a hangnail?

I'm waiting.

I'll give you a hint. Nothing. You lose nothing other than some other third liner who can fill minutes & play responsibly. As long as he doesn't put it in his own net.. Oh wait.. he did that last year in a super critical game, right?

f***ING BAILEY!

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The day he goes into the Isles HoF is the day I change my favorite team.

I call Bailey many things. Hard to concentrate on one description when so many others are better.

The italicized part -- you have described exactly his game. Defensive, chip passes.. blah blah blah -- lovely.. he is a third line nothing. He plays a system which stresses defensive -- that's good for him, cuz after all these years, he's finally learned something.

How about the rest of my diatribe? Where I so nicely illustrate that he excels at pretty much nothing -- and the best thing you can say about him is that he is solid defensively. Big ****ing deal. The way successful teams are made nowadays, that is the name of the game. Bossy and Trotts skills in a player arent even needed anymore. And I call him a floater -- and Ill also use another favorite word of mine to describe that bucket of ****.. perimeter player. That is actually a better one.

Does he mix it up in front? No -- That's Anders Lee. Look at Zeeker and Cal get dirty and playing their ass off. You can find Bailey somewhere alone, jerking off, waiting for the puck to be passed to him. If any player comes within 10', hes dishing it off.

Since nobody answered my question (mostly, because you can't)... What is it that we lose when he is out of the lineup? What is this abyss which we have should princess get a hangnail?

I'm waiting.

I'll give you a hint. Nothing. You lose nothing other than some other third liner who can fill minutes & play responsibly. As long as he doesn't put it in his own net.. Oh wait.. he did that last year in a super critical game, right?

****ING BAILEY!
He's good for 15+ goals and 40+ assists while being a very complete, defensively responsible forward. Barry Trotz (you know Jack Adams guy) agrees he's one of our most valuable players.

This schtick is beyond tiresome. These posts are vapid and you should be embarrassed for constantly beating this drum. It should have ended 4 years go. Give it a rest. Seriously, try watching the games sober for once. And stop living in the past. It's not 1993 anymore.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
He's good for 15+ goals and 40+ assists while being a very complete, defensively responsible forward. Barry Trotz (you know Jack Adams guy) agrees he's one of our most valuable players.

This schtick is beyond tiresome. These posts are vapid and you should be embarrassed for constantly beating this drum. It should have ended 4 years go. Give it a rest. Seriously, try watching the games sober for once. And stop living in the past. It's not 1993 anymore.
Why feed the troll? The only reason he posts this crap is to get a response. Quit giving him what he wants

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Agreed -- hes a valuable third liner. Very rarely will a coach call out a player for sucking, so that argument is rubbish.

So what exactly do we lose should Bailey not be in the lineup? Funny -- didn't hear anyone answer.

Cuz if Im missing something fabulous that he consistently does, I'll be more than happy to admit it. (Hint: chip passes and clearing the zone aren't the goal here.)

Skate?
Shoot?
Playmake?
Hit?
Intimidate?

Fight?

nothing.

The reason you can't answer is because, well -- he has zero special talents and is just one piece of team -- and to pay him $5 mill a year is a joke.

Josh Bailey, King of the Irrelevants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad