Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Fasching, Driven. Motivated. Drives to the net. Gives and takes hits.

Fasching in for Bailey . All f***ing day.

• Love
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Fasching, Driven. Motivated. Drives to the net. Gives and takes hits.

Fasching in for Bailey . All f***ing day.
Sad to report Josh is outscoring uncle Mikey this month

I'm contemplating a trip to Switzerland to see Mark Fleischman's doctor. That should solve all my problems!

Ghost of Arbour

Dec 23, 2022
Now that we seemingly have some attractive forward options in players who CONSISTENTLY hustle like Fasching, Holmstrom, and Raty - all of whom clearly can be effective at the NHL level, instead of hoping for the occasional glimmer of light from Bailey, can we PLEASE, pretty please, trade Bailey the F off our roster?

Even if we have to retain salary, he is an unbearably frustrating non-entity, and his presence on the roster is preventing better and hungrier players from reaching the NHL roster and contributing.

As for Aho; sit him as Wotherspoon is BY FAR a better option. Aho is a slightly better skating Hickey, not so useful defensively and not a puck-moving replacement for Toews, who I STILL am angry at LL for letting walk for 2 seconds...

/rant

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Now that we seemingly have some attractive forward options in players who CONSISTENTLY hustle like Fasching, Holmstrom, and Raty - all of whom clearly can be effective at the NHL level, instead of hoping for the occasional glimmer of light from Bailey, can we PLEASE, pretty please, trade Bailey the F off our roster?

Even if we have to retain salary, he is an unbearably frustrating non-entity, and his presence on the roster is preventing better and hungrier players from reaching the NHL roster and contributing.

As for Aho; sit him as Wotherspoon is BY FAR a better option. Aho is a slightly better skating Hickey, not so useful defensively and not a puck-moving replacement for Toews, who I STILL am angry at LL for letting walk for 2 seconds...

/rant

This.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
On 2/23/18, three days before the trade deadline and a little over 3 months before he was fired, Garth Snow signed Bailey to a 6 year contract extension. Nice going away gift from Garth.

It's funny that he apparently wanted to lock up Bailey long term before the deadline. I guess if they couldn't come to terms he would have traded Bailey rather than losing him for nothing on July 1st? There was another guy Snow was also trying to sign at that time, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Here it is - a quote from him..

Islanders’ Josh Bailey puts positive spin on fourth-line demotion

Bailey, who has played more than 1,000 games in an Islanders uniform, has stayed professional in the face of a diminishing role. On Friday, he paid compliments to his new linemates.

“I honestly maybe recall one [game playing with Martin],” he said. “Years ago after coming back from injury, I think we were on a line for one game. But we’ve had shifts here and there, and obviously we’re good friends, so hopefully that can translate.”
Mathew Barzal, who has not scored since Jan. 5, told The Post prior to his third straight game skating with Casey Cizikas and Anthony Beauvillier that it is his responsibility to make things click with a rotating cast of linemates.

I’m OK with it. I kinda think it’s on me to create with whoever I’m with,” he said. “I’m trying and unfortunately lately it just hasn’t been there. It was there for a little while. Just hasn’t been there lately.”

Get this assclown off the ice. Loser mentality

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Here it is - a quote from him..

Islanders’ Josh Bailey puts positive spin on fourth-line demotion

Bailey, who has played more than 1,000 games in an Islanders uniform, has stayed professional in the face of a diminishing role. On Friday, he paid compliments to his new linemates.

“I honestly maybe recall one [game playing with Martin],” he said. “Years ago after coming back from injury, I think we were on a line for one game. But we’ve had shifts here and there, and obviously we’re good friends, so hopefully that can translate.”
Mathew Barzal, who has not scored since Jan. 5, told The Post prior to his third straight game skating with Casey Cizikas and Anthony Beauvillier that it is his responsibility to make things click with a rotating cast of linemates.

I’m OK with it. I kinda think it’s on me to create with whoever I’m with,” he said. “I’m trying and unfortunately lately it just hasn’t been there. It was there for a little while. Just hasn’t been there lately.”

Get this assclown off the ice. Loser mentality

Yeah, I'd rather have someone who creates distractions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Bones, you have to read between the lines. What Bailey is really saying is “I shouldn’t be seeing any ice time, so I’m just happy to still be playing even if it’s on the 4th line.”

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
WTF would you want him to say that would satisfy you?

He's complimenting his teammates.

Anything other than "Im ok with it" - maybe something about getting his game back,. trying to help the team.. come out of this funk.. f***ing anything.... When your "top 6 forward" gets demoted two lines, and is "OK WITH IT?" Shows he's a loser.

I think you would take any quote he said about the situation and turn it into a negative, so I don't care.

You don't care, cuz you're president of the BAILEY LOSER fan club.

Find me any good NHL top 6 forward who is "OK" with being demoted to the fourth line.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
By the way, did Bailey say he's "ok with it" or was that Barzal? Seems like the latter...

“I’m OK with it. I kinda think it’s on me to create with whoever I’m with,” he said. “I’m trying and unfortunately lately it just hasn’t been there. It was there for a little while. Just hasn’t been there lately.”

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00