Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Personally I dont ever want to see a D+ / C- player ever stay this long on the team ever again. He was Garth's pick, should've been packaged in a trade years ago and never was. Never matriculated into a higher level player. Josh Bailey is and always will be Vanilla!!

There is no excitement, no drive, no passion. A real GM would never allow him to last that long on a hockey team. If he was in Boston or Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay he would be a regular AHL player.
Is this a serious post? Lou is not a real GM? Bailey should be an AHL player?

Foolish.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
And yet the coach everyone loves went out of his way numerous times to praise Bailey. What an idiot he must have been if he couldn't see Bailey is an AHL player. Must be why Lou finally decided to get rid of him...

Look ive said the same about your avatar hero Kyle Okposo. He was a cream puff. I am happy he is healthy over in Buffalo but no one is flying into Key Bank Center saying "OMG what are we gonna do about Kyle Okposo tonight" Same as no serious player comes into Long Island asking" How are we gonna contain the lethal Josh Bailey"

Both players should've been packaged in a trade back in 2012 but we had a hack of a GM would no brains.

D+ / C- player and thats all he will ever be. We can play this game all day my opinion of him hasnt changed on this board since I first became a member.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Look ive said the same about your avatar hero Kyle Okposo. He was a cream puff. I am happy he is healthy over in Buffalo but no one is flying into Key Bank Center saying "OMG what are we gonna do about Kyle Okposo tonight" Same as no serious player comes into Long Island asking" How are we gonna contain the lethal Josh Bailey"

Both players should've been packaged in a trade back in 2012 but we had a hack of a GM would no brains.

D+ / C- player and thats all he will ever be. We can play this game all day my opinion of him hasnt changed on this board since I first became a member.
Who do they say that about on the Isles roster currently? I'll give you a hint, the answer is no one.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Just means you've had a terrible take for a real long time.

1659637839503.png

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS

Which is why I will trust the opinions of the professionals who run the team over the irrational rantings of someone who thinks Bailey is an AHL player...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You mean bocce.

Bailey would be a top 9 forward on 32 NHL teams. Your post is terrible.

A top "9" forward? How about a "top 12" forward? Silly metric -- and I've never heard that used before unless its someone who is trying to justify Bailey.

He'd be fine on the third line - that is truly where he belongs in light of his talent, desire, and production level. I'd have no problem with him playing on 3 instead of taking top 6 minutes. And yea -- keep him on the PP too, as we know Josh's only true ability is passing. PP does a lot that.

Just REMOVING Bailey from the top 6 of the isles is an upgrade -- if we do that AND get Kadri then its an win/win.

F Bailey.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
A top "9" forward? How about a "top 12" forward? Silly metric -- and I've never heard that used before unless its someone who is trying to justify Bailey.

He'd be fine on the third line - that is truly where he belongs in light of his talent, desire, and production level. I'd have no problem with him playing on 3 instead of taking top 6 minutes. And yea -- keep him on the PP too, as we know Josh's only true ability is passing. PP does a lot that.

Just REMOVING Bailey from the top 6 of the isles is an upgrade -- if we do that AND get Kadri then its an win/win.

F Bailey.
That is fair. But 3rd line would still be top 9 forward. He's good enough to play on the 3rd line on every single NHL team. I also think it is fair to critique his physical play and his value in relation to his contract. But to say he doesn't belong in the league is laughable.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
That is fair. But 3rd line would still be top 9 forward. He's good enough to play on the 3rd line on every single NHL team. I also think it is fair to critique his physical play and his value in relation to his contract. But to say he doesn't belong in the league is laughable.
The Isles should play him on the 3rd line and give his minutes to someone who actually brings some value to the team.

Reactions: Dutch Frost

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

F Bailey.
Ok , so, alright . Nizami this is for you .
. Mr Bones told you - Never mind it’s too darn hot and we need every fan .Welcome

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Just means you've had a terrible take for a real long time.

View attachment 574685

Mrs Bailey is that you?? LOL

Who do they say that about on the Isles roster currently? I'll give you a hint, the answer is no one.

really??? You dont think scouts are looking at Barzal and how to stop his puck movement? How to work around Pelech? This isnt EA sports my friend. You dont switch to Easy mode

Which is why I will trust the opinions of the professionals who run the team over the irrational rantings of someone who thinks Bailey is an AHL player...

Opinions of Professionals LOL Dude we havent won a cup since Reagans first term. Tell me more about the Professionals that you speak of.

Good Bye!

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Mrs Bailey is that you?? LOL

really??? You dont think scouts are looking at Barzal and how to stop his puck movement? How to work around Pelech? This isnt EA sports my friend. You dont switch to Easy mode
No. Those two players, as good as they are, do not illicit an "OMG!" squeal from opponents. Sorry.

Tavares was probably the last player we had that did.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
*sigh* why do I do this to myself?

What would NYI want for Bailey? If the Preds came in with Trenin?
Lou would probably love Trenin. The only problem is we have a few of him already. Any idea what he might be looking for as an RFA?

I'd want Navrin Mutter. I know nothing about him as a hockey player, but since our arena is next to Belmont Park horse track, we'd be able to say, "His mother was a Mutter. His father was a Mutter." :rolleyes:

It's weird, Trenin's arb decision was done 10AM EST but ZERO announcement from Preds. It's 5:37 PM EST
Well there's your answer right there. If nothing has been announced, he's already been traded to the Isles.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
No. Those two players, as good as they are, do not illicit an "OMG!" squeal from opponents. Sorry.

Tavares was probably the last player we had that did.
I watched most of the games via out of town feel last season. As critical as I may be at times about certain aspects of his game, a lot of opponents' personnel I saw/heard last year spoke about Barzal as a player to keep in check. I think he has solid respect around the league as someone to game plan for, especially given the dearth of other offense here

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Lou would probably love Trenin. The only problem is we have a few of him already. Any idea what he might be looking for as an RFA?

I'd want Navrin Mutter. I know nothing about him as a hockey player, but since our arena is next to Belmont Park horse track, we'd be able to say, "His mother was a Mutter. His father was a Mutter." :rolleyes:

We know nothing about him as well. LOL!!! BUT he gives off Jeannot vibes.

Well there's your answer right there. If nothing has been announced, he's already been traded to the Isles.

LOL! WHY DO YOU THINK I AM ASKING??????

Reactions: doublechili

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It's weird, Trenin's arb decision was done 10AM EST but ZERO announcement from Preds. It's 5:37 PM EST. This is Trenin's 2nd arb with the Preds. He seems like a Lou type of guy.

(Also messed up Chara in a fight)
I don't know enough about Trenin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad