Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Since you couldnt figure it out...My wife was using them while doing christmas ornaments.. useful while they are drying.

Are you concerned over the impact to the environment princess?
Not necessarily (although those seem compostable).

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
The half that don't make the playoffs anyway

“Love it,” said Johnston, who returned in the second period and logged 9:05. “I don’t think that was the intent Barry had when he put us three together. Bails is a great teammate. Anytime somebody gets cranked, even when it’s me, he’s the first one in there.”

The Islanders are a playoff team.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
https://worldwidesportsradio.com/josh-bailey-is-f***ing-useless

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
LG82PEL.jpg

Guess they couldn't find anything to go under that page.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thats pretty funny -- the censor on HF blocks the link name due to the curse. Click on the link on the right under "Recent Posts" -- that loads.

I just read that drivel, sorry if that's your pen name.

It doesn't actually talk about anything but goal scoring and shots, and weird comparisons to Ovechkin for some reason. The contract stuff is hilariously wrong, as is the coattails. It makes me laugh that people like this don't understand what top six forwards actually are, take a look around the league. I'm sure you'd be thrilled with someone who shoots more but produces less.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I was a Bailey hater for years. With that said he's a legit 2nd liner with a fair contract...I don't see the issue?

He doesn't shoot, score goals, hit people, or look like he's trying so he's bad. We don't care about anything else, all those other fancy-stats, like assists, PK, PP, shootouts, etc.

Reactions: ScaredStreit

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He doesn't shoot, score goals, hit people, or look like he's trying so he's bad. We don't care about anything else, all those other fancy-stats, like assists, PK, PP, shootouts, etc.

Since 2017 he's 13th in scoring among RW's. Definitely not a top-6 forward...lol.

You're 100% correct...let's ignore that he does all the little things well that add up over time because he's not a flashy player.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Since 2017 he's 13th in scoring among RW's. Definitely not a top-6 forward...lol.

You're 100% correct...let's ignore that he does all the little things well that add up over time because he's not a flashy player.

Those are fancy stats! Just watch the game, nerd.

Reactions: ScaredStreit

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I just read that drivel, sorry if that's your pen name.

It doesn't actually talk about anything but goal scoring and shots, and weird comparisons to Ovechkin for some reason. The contract stuff is hilariously wrong, as is the coattails. It makes me laugh that people like this don't understand what top six forwards actually are, take a look around the league. I'm sure you'd be thrilled with someone who shoots more but produces less.
I got a out halfway and had to give up. The writing was like reading the blog of a 15 year old edge lord, not to mention, it showed little understanding of hockey and used intentionally misleading stats. When you have to reach this hard to drag a player, it says a lot about how good they actually are.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I got a out halfway and had to give up. The writing was like reading the blog of a 15 year old edge lord, not to mention, it showed little understanding of hockey and used intentionally misleading stats. When you have to reach this hard to drag a player, it says a lot about how good they actually are.

Do these stats help? Are these better? I mean, they dont truly show what a near zero value on the ice he is... but you stats guys must be able to appreciate this, no?

Those are stats of a solid third liner.

"But Bones, he can clear the zone and make solid passes!"

Attachments

• 20191223_122516.jpg
    20191223_122516.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 6

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do these stats help? Are these better? I mean, they dont truly show what a near zero value on the ice he is... but you stats guys must be able to appreciate this, no?

Those are stats of a solid third liner.

"But Bones, he can clear the zone and make solid passes!"

Look at all the great third liners on this list!

sqd8IFI.png

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I find that people who call Bailey a third liner are still comparing his stats to players in the 80's and his contract to players 10 years ago.

He is a middle six player who is on the upper end of that middle six. Most nights he can play on the second line but depending on the team the Isles throw out he can slot in on the third line. Bailey can even slot in on the first line for some games and be fine.

That is what makes him valuable though. This is a guy who can be thrown in the lineup and you don't have to worry about. Call that whatever you want, but I call it valuable.

Reactions: JKP

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
I've given up reasoning with the Bailey-haters. He's a perfectly good 2nd line winger, who is also versatile enough to play up and down the lineup. Not many players in that price range are outperforming him.

Reactions: JKP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad