Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Ok fine . No more PIM comments on Bailey. Just tired of seeing all the zeros in his stat column game after game
Frans drives play more in 1 game than Josh in a month?

I'm just an old man who had a little to much wine. I want everybody here to know your gonna have no trouble from me.Cicci, la porta.

Much more agreeable. Haha.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Ok fine . No more PIM comments on Bailey. Just tired of seeing all the zeros in his stat column game after game
Frans drives play more in 1 game than Josh in a month?

I'm just an old man who had a little to much wine. I want everybody here to know your gonna have no trouble from me.Cicci, la porta.

Genius. Love this.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
1 goal in last 16 games. Has every player on the current roster (minus Mayfield) scored since Bailey last has ?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Please tell me there is just 1 poster left who thinks he is a top 6 player lmao

1g in Last 19 games
4G in Last 39 games.
No shots in 4 of the last 5 games

BroadwayJay*

1g in Last 19 games
4G in Last 39 games.

tied for 158 in even strength scoring.

3 x 30 x 2 = 180.

Still top-6, even with his current production.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

1g in Last 19 games
4G in Last 39 games.

All that combined makes him a top 40 winger . Lollolololol
I was going to post on Bailey tonight only so he would not slide off the first page.
If he fell to the second page on isles HF we may never even know he is alive.
Certainly not from the games.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
tied for 158 in even strength scoring.

3 x 30 x 2 = 180.

Still top-6, even with his current production.

Okay well the Islanders are 8th in the league in GF/GP. So how many of those wingers are on the 24 teams who score less then we do? I'd imagine a lot of them because that's 24 teams worth of wingers...How many of them produce better then him on worse/non PO teams? The guy is garbage. He's struggling to stay inside those standards you use to be top 6 (158/180) on a good offensive PO team. How much worse would he be on a non PO team. MAtt moulson was near the top of the NHL scoring leaders on a regular basis here...how's he doing with buffalo ? Pretty sure he's seen time on the 4th line. Bailey may be 158/180 but he is not top 6 material.

He has 16 pts in 46 games even strength. I don't see how he is 158/180.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He's having a bad stretch, but he's not any worse than some other players. I don't get the obsession.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
He's having a bad stretch, but he's not any worse than some other players. I don't get the obsession.

He has 1 goal in 19 games. I get the obsession. He's not having a bad stretch. He had like 1 good stretch this season...he's in over his head because he should not be in the Top 6. Yes other guys are playing bad Lee (sophomore slump) Grabovski (was a risk from the start and it has clearly failed) What's Baileys excuse ?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
This bs again? :biglaugh:

The guy isn't a great hockey player and is certainly not a top 6 player. It's insane to claim anything else.

It always goes back to this when defending him because this stat is all there is to try to make the claim he is a top 6 foward. What people don't understand is every one will have better stats playing on the top 2 lines...like the player I just used before to make my point...Matt Moulson. Our whole 4th line would be (158/180) if any one of those players got top 6 minutes...big friggen whoop lol I'm glad you get it though :handclap:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He has 1 goal in 19 games. I get the obsession. He's not having a bad stretch. He had like 1 good stretch this season...he's in over his head because he should not be in the Top 6. Yes other guys are playing bad Lee (sophomore slump) Grabovski (was a risk from the start and it has clearly failed) What's Baileys excuse ?

Who cares how many goals he has? The obsession with [x] stat that proves Bailey is a bad player is ridiculous. Grabovski scored tonight and has just now tied Bailey in goals.

You're making excuses for Lee and Grabovski simply because you want to. Bailey isn't playing well right now, that's the excuse. It's also a fact. Lee is a year younger than Bailey, I don't want to hear about sophomore slumps. Somehow Grabovski being a risk just allows for his play to be swept under the rug.

Lee, Strome, Kulemin, Martin, and Cizikas all have less goals than Bailey. Two of them are 4th liners and I wouldn't compare them, but the other 4 guys either tied with or below Bailey are getting a pass for no reason.

I don't care about goals. I care about contributions and smart hockey play. He's not contributing on the stat sheet, but he's not hurting the team. History shows he's a .5 ppg player and will come around, so why harp on his goal total. We all know he's not a goal scorer. I can think of a lot more things to worry about with this team than how many goals, PIMs, or hits Josh Bailey has. It's a freaking witch hunt.

He has 20 points in 46 games. TWENTY. That's 6th best on the team, enough of this already.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It always goes back to this when defending him because this stat is all there is to try to make the claim he is a top 6 foward. What people don't understand is every one will have better stats playing on the top 2 lines...like the player I just used before to make my point...Matt Moulson. Our whole 4th line would be (158/180) if any one of those players got top 6 minutes...big friggen whoop lol I'm glad you get it though :handclap:

That's simply not true and you invented that just to make a point. Matt Moulson was getting top 6 minutes in Buffalo, why has he dropped to the 4th line?

Kulemin was getting top line minutes, why didn't he produce? It's a joke of an answer and a ridiculous claim. Being in the top 6 does not inherently mean that you'll get more points. Especially on a team like the Islanders where the middle of the pack all get around the same amount of TOI.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Bailey is not a good enough player to not have an identity. I would like him traded asap.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Who cares how many goals he has? The obsession with [x] stat that proves Bailey is a bad player is ridiculous. Grabovski scored tonight and has just now tied Bailey in goals.

You're making excuses for Lee and Grabovski simply because you want to. Bailey isn't playing well right now, that's the excuse. It's also a fact. Lee is a year younger than Bailey, I don't want to hear about sophomore slumps. Somehow Grabovski being a risk just allows for his play to be swept under the rug.

Lee, Strome, Kulemin, Martin, and Cizikas all have less goals than Bailey. Two of them are 4th liners and I wouldn't compare them, but the other 4 guys either tied with or below Bailey are getting a pass for no reason.

I don't care about goals. I care about contributions and smart hockey play. He's not contributing on the stat sheet, but he's not hurting the team. History shows he's a .5 ppg player and will come around, so why harp on his goal total. We all know he's not a goal scorer. I can think of a lot more things to worry about with this team than how many goals, PIMs, or hits Josh Bailey has. It's a freaking witch hunt.

He has 20 points in 46 games. TWENTY. That's 6th best on the team, enough of this already.

How did I make excuses for Lee and Grabovski ??? I am not happy with Lee, Bailey and Grabovski to make that perfectly clear. How can you say though that you don't want to hear "excuses" for Lee because he's a year younger. Bailey has been playing against NHL talent for 8 years! Lee is in his 2nd full NHL season...you can't compare the two. Lee needs to find his way (I'm not saying he ever will) Bailey has hit his ceiling...this is it.

Also I never said he is a bad player...he is bad in a top 6 role that is all I said. He's a fine NHLer...an inconsistent one but yes NHL talent. Also I never said Grabovskis play is allowed to be swept under a rag because we knew he was a risk...I said I am not happy with him but short of waiving or buying him out he is going nowhere because he is unmovable. Yes Bailey has more goals then some guys but look at goals per 60 he's below Cizikas, Clutterbuck etc... And how can you talk of Baileys game and say you don't care about goals? He's in our top 6...they are need to win games. Wether he's a goal score or not...4 in the last 39 and 1 in 19 is pathetic and does not cut it. Also I never once mentioned PIMs or hits, but how is he not hurting the team ? He doesn't shoot, he doesn't score, he has 4 power play points all year...how is that the sign of a smart hockey player ? He's clearly not making good choices. He's been very weak on the puck, can't control it for ****, is invisible and plays in our top 6... His points matter and so do goals wether you care about that or not. Let's be clear about something else...I am not a Bailey hater, I hate Bailey on the 1st and 2nd line. If he was on the 3rd line then okay, that's where he should be. Also I am mad this issue haven't been addressed by Snow. It's not personal vs Bailey he's just should not be in the top 6 and watching him dissapear for 15 games then having a mediocre 5 etc is frustrating.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

This the key part and the whole reason we weren't crucifying John Tavares as he slumped badly. Nobody can convince me Bailey is hurting this team. He's not putting in less effort, he's just not putting up any points along with several others that are suffering. Bailey isn't there to drive play. Don't expect him too. The Isles actually only have a few players that can do that, Bailey just isn't one of them. Not many teams have a lot of top 6 guys who can drive play. They have to work well as a unit, and the units Bailey has been playing with are also struggling. It's not a "Bailey" thing. So when guys like Okposo, Lee, Strome, Grabovski struggle, so too will Bailey. He can't be the only scapegoat for secondary scoring and he's certainly not the worst of the bunch.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
That's simply not true and you invented that just to make a point. Matt Moulson was getting top 6 minutes in Buffalo, why has he dropped to the 4th line?

Kulemin was getting top line minutes, why didn't he produce? It's a joke of an answer and a ridiculous claim. Being in the top 6 does not inherently mean that you'll get more points. Especially on a team like the Islanders where the middle of the pack all get around the same amount of TOI.

I certainly did not invent that I've seen the whole X out of 180 things almost every time I'm in this thread and another poster just said the same thing. Moulson was getting top 6 minutes until they realized he's not a top 6 player. Moulson racked up points with JT at a level Bailey never has but now Moulson is on the 4th line somewhere where as Bailey is still in a top 6 position. This is proving my point and I don't get what yours is...and I'm not trying to be a dick. Yes you will have better offensive output surrounded by better players. It just doesn't mean it's where you would be most affective or where your best suited. Clearly Boulton would have more points with JT over Cizikas but he hurts the team way more with JT. Bailey is just not being used properly and it's because of our lack of offensive talent.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
This the key part and the whole reason we weren't crucifying John Tavares as he slumped badly. Nobody can convince me Bailey is hurting this team. He's not putting in less effort, he's just not putting up any points along with several others that are suffering. Bailey isn't there to drive play. Don't expect him too. The Isles actually only have a few players that can do that, Bailey just isn't one of them. Not many teams have a lot of top 6 guys who can drive play. They have to work well as a unit, and the units Bailey has been playing with are also struggling. It's not a "Bailey" thing. So when guys like Okposo, Lee, Strome, Grabovski struggle, so too will Bailey. He can't be the only scapegoat for secondary scoring and he's certainly not the worst of the bunch.

Bailey isn't the only scapegoat. I think everyone will say grabo, Lee, kulemin, Bailey, strome are all not up to par. Bailey is just the hardest to swallow right now. There is a reason this thread is close to needing a part 2. If we had Taylor hall and could move Bailey down to the 3rd line the complaints would drop but until then people will be frustrated with josh with cappys use of josh and snows inability to give Cappy a better top 6 player then Bailey. It's not just about Bailey.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Bailey is not a good enough player to not have an identity. I would like him traded asap.

Exactly. What does he do well ? Everyone says defense...okay so does Hossa and Towes, Bergeron, koivu, Nielsen etc but they are in the top 6 because they also bring offense and can drive the play from time to time. Bailey does not. Hence........he should not be in the top 6. I either want him on the 3rd line or off this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: