Player Discussion Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
This is like the John Leclair trade in reverse. A balm for our wounds, which never fully healed from that debacle.

In some ways, he's even better than Leclair. I don't think that Leclair ever skated like JA does.

I still remember that '93 playoff run. What a beast Leclair was during those playoffs capped by those 2 overtime winners in LA.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I choo-choose you, Josh Anderson!!

Nice lol

tenor.gif

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah this guy can totally change the make up of our team. No reason to think that 2 years ago was a career year that he can't improve upon.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It was...so very puzzling hearing people complain about this trade.. I'll never forget that lol

I vividly remember the thought crossing my mind 2 years ago "why the f*** can't WE get a guy like josh anderson, it's not f***ing fair man"
Same...was even more perplexing to me how any Habs fan who has watched this team the last 2 decades could ever shit in acquiring a player like Anderson.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Same...was even more perplexing to me how any Habs fan who has watched this team the last 2 decades could ever shit in acquiring a player like Anderson.

was it really though, considering the cost of acquisition was an RFA C 1-year removed from one of 2?3? 70 point seasons by a habs forward over that same timeframe, and we added in the process....

I don't think i really saw anyone criticizing Anderson, or his potential. the criticism was more on the asset management.

Hopefully, Anderson stays healthy and can be a 25+ goal PF for us for the duration of his deal, or at least a few seasons, which would certainly be awesome and show MB's risk to be worthwhile (regardless of how domi fares).

but step 1 would be playing 1 healthy season, cuz that's the risk factor and reason the guy was even available in the first place. If he proves durable and his rebuilt shoulder isn't an ongoing issue, he'll be a fan favorite for a long long time!

Reactions: JoelWarlord and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
was it really though, considering the cost of acquisition was an RFA C 1-year removed from one of 2?3? 70 point seasons by a habs forward over that same timeframe, and we added in the process....

I don't think i really saw anyone criticizing Anderson, or his potential. the criticism was more on the asset management.

Hopefully, Anderson stays healthy and can be a 25+ goal PF for us for the duration of his deal, or at least a few seasons, which would certainly be awesome and show MB's risk to be worthwhile (regardless of how domi fares).

but step 1 would be playing 1 healthy season, cuz that's the risk factor and reason the guy was even available in the first place. If he proves durable and his rebuilt shoulder isn't an ongoing issue, he'll be a fan favorite for a long long time!
Understood...I was just always a big admirer of Anderson and have been for awhile.

He hasn't been injury prone from what I know, he had an issue with a shoulder last year, but nothing indicated this was a chronic or recurring injury.

So I've personally never been concerned with either the money, term or his durability moving forward.

I think he's a perfect fit for this team...I actually think this is a trade that can work out for both teams.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I think Domi can be a solid NHLer but I liked this trade.
Saw both players in London thru their OHL careers live almost every home game they played.
Domi came in as the golden child from the GTHL and some politics lead to him getting passed over in the draft falling to London. Great player but at times selfish.
Anderson came to London undrafted as a FA and earned his spot in the first intersquad match up with a hatty. Was dominant and it took some guts to join London on an FA tryout as opposed to a club with less talent.
And forced his way onto TC WJC team with an incredible 1st half year that season after not really being on the radar..
Anderson was just always the more likeable player for me. Both different, but Anderson fits the Habs needs more.
Stay healthy and all will be great!

Reactions: 417 and Roadhouse

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lmao I literally typed legion of doom and you reply with the smallest of smallies.
When you said acquiring a LW, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Suzuki-Anderson(which is where I think Marchessault would fit like a glove), or going all physical with KK-Anderson.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When you said acquiring a LW, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Suzuki-Anderson(which is where I think Marchessault would fit like a glove), or going all physical with KK-Anderson.

Marchessault would be incredible on either line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad