Player Discussion Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Watching him play reminds me that we should draft more often powerforwards with real power game. They change a dynamic of a team so much. We only have Luke Tuch who brings a similar package. I’m pulling for him to succeed because we need more of that!

Draft less d-man and midget forwards and more real powerforwards.

Josh Anderson is awesome.

Its not like we dont want to daft them but its a pretty rare trait in a draft.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Its not like we dont want to daft them but its a pretty rare trait in a draft.

Take more chances! We draft too much manlet forwards.

William Dufour is another example of a gamble we could have take in the last draft, instead we drafted an unknown goalie and a midget forward around the same time Islander took him.

Anyhow, Anderson is the man.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I have to admit so far I am wrong. The trade is good for us. I watched part of the CBJ's game and Domi is snake bit again. He set up three linemates with three beautiful passes and on all three occasions, they laid eggs.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I have to admit so far I am wrong. The trade is good for us. I watched part of the CBJ's game and Domi is snake bit again. He set up three linemates with three beautiful passes and on all three occasions, they laid eggs.

It’s ok to still like Domi and like this trade, they don’t have to be mutually exclusive. That’s where I stand with it anyways

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I don't get this comment. How is Domi snake-bitten if he is setting up line mates with alleged passes for gimme goals? Are you just talking about him not shooting as much as he perhaps should?

Reactions: 417

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't get this comment. How is Domi snake-bitten if he is setting up line mates with alleged passes for gimme goals? Are you just talking about him not shooting as much as he perhaps should?
He's snakebit because they're not converting his great set-ups into goals.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm loving Josh's game, but every time he lunges into the boards to nail a player I expect him to get the worst of it. It's a risky way to check and it looks like a recipe for injuries.
Anderson is a bull in a China shop...if you've spent any time watching him in Columbus the last few years, that's how he plays

I hope he doesn't stop because as soon as he does, he will help justify all those concerns about his contract being too rich.

People thought he was on injured reserve before the season even started lol.

He'll be just fine...y'all worry way too much man lol

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Anderson is a bull in a China shop...if you've spent any time watching him in Columbus the last few years, that's how he plays

I hope he doesn't stop because as soon as he does, he will help justify all those concerns about his contract being too rich.

He prubably won't stay healthy if keeps playing that way. I'd like to see him measure his hits and connect with the majority of them than connect one out of 5 times.

Reactions: Habs Icing

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He prubably won't stay healthy if keeps playing that way. I'd like to see him measure his hits and connect with the majority of them than connect one out of 5 times.
I really don't think he's been all that physical...Habs fans just have a fear with Anderson for some reason.

Probably not used to seeing such a big forward lol

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
How does this prove you wrong so far then? Sounds to me like you were against the trade and because Anderson has a couple of goals and Domi’s linemates have failed to convert that this disproves your argument you originally made about the trade.

Am I’m not understanding your position here? I don’t see how Domi’s linemates failing to convert has any relevance in who won the trade. I’ve liked Anderson more than Domi so far with us because he’s got a different element we were lacking. I thought we overpaid for Anderson and gave up the better player at the time of the trade. That’s still up in the air, but Josh looks the part so far. We will see if he can build on those games and take his game to the next level.

Accidentally quoted the wrong poster. This was supposed to be Habs Icing.

Reactions: angusyoung

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This is the first time I've heard Domi compared to Gomez....it's freaking perfect!

Great speed, quick hands, but once he crosses the offensive blueline, no vision, poor offensive awarenesses, weak frame and shot. We got a solid powerfoward for this guy, unbelievable!

Reactions: Eegs and angusyoung

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

He goes on stretches where he's... Invisible and a tad dumb, as all middling wingers do, people should temper expectations, he's clearly hyped right now. Still good though.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why not keep Tatar and send Drouin away ? They both will make the same salary and TT is better.

Why not move out Lehkonen (2.4M), Armia (2.6M), and Byron (3.4M) and use that 8.4M in cap space on two 700k 4th liners (1.4M) and the remaining 7M on Tatar, Danault and KK raises, plus what's left over on one of the many offensive wings that will be available. This winger can play with KK and TT.

Reactions: Vachon23

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I really don't think he's been all that physical...Habs fans just have a fear with Anderson for some reason.

Probably not used to seeing such a big forward lol

There's been a couple instances already where I got concerned he might be hurt and we are only two games in.

The first one was when he got the knee from Matthews and he skated gingerly off the ice.

The 2nd was when he planted his face into the boards.

There's not much he could have done about the Matthews play, but I sure hope he doesn't make a habit of the 2nd play.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
There's been a couple instances already where I got concerned he might be hurt and we are only two games in.

The first one was when he got the knee from Matthews and he skated gingerly off the ice.

The 2nd was when he planted his face into the boards.

There's not much he could have done about the Matthews play, but I sure hope he doesn't make a habit of the 2nd play.

The obvious solution here is that he plants Matthews' face into the boards next time out.

Reactions: Archijerej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad