Player Discussion Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Why not move out Lehkonen (2.4M), Armia (2.6M), and Byron (3.4M) and use that 8.4M in cap space on two 700k 4th liners (1.4M) and the remaining 7M on Tatar, Danault and KK raises, plus what's left over on one of the many offensive wings that will be available. This winger can play with KK and TT.

This is also where having a 15 millions $ goaltending duo stings. It's going to be 13 millions $ next season, but still pretty heavy.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
How does this prove you wrong so far then? Sounds to me like you were against the trade and because Anderson has a couple of goals and Domi’s linemates have failed to convert that this disproves your argument you originally made about the trade.

Am I’m not understanding your position here? I don’t see how Domi’s linemates failing to convert has any relevance in who won the trade. I’ve liked Anderson more than Domi so far with us because he’s got a different element we were lacking. I thought we overpaid for Anderson and gave up the better player at the time of the trade. That’s still up in the air, but Josh looks the part so far. We will see if he can build on those games and take his game to the next level.

Accidentally quoted the wrong poster. This was supposed to be Habs Icing.
I was wrong because I didn't think Anderson would bring the speed and physicality. Every game I saw him with the BJs he was just floating around. Hopefully, this style of play won't be temporary. I agree the Anderson we're seeing is exactly the sort of player we needed: a power forward.

I mentioned Domi's bad luck because if MB had done what I wanted and kept Max, he would be playing on our team with his lousy luck. And Domi being a playmaker, you need his plays to be converted into goals or else he doesn't bring anything else to the team. If Anderson isn't scoring he is still bringing physicality and speed - making room for his line mates.

All I was saying was up till now my take on the trade was wrong.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Allen has a good year, he could get claimed by Seattle and clear that cap for us.
I would gave them Pick and prospect to be sure they take Byron or Edmundson personally. I’ll like to keep Allen who will help Price to have more energy during all season long and it will probably help him having a longer career. I like to the fact that Primeau will play a lot of game in the AHL, it will be good for his development

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Edmundson or Allen are the obvious picks for Seattle at the moment. And while they are quality depth pieces, it will be healthy for us to shed that salary.

Edmundson would be better. Allen we would still need to replace, so cap savings may be minimal. Primeau may be ready for the job though.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He's great obviously. But I wish he'd take 15% off on his bodycheck. He rammed into the board pretty damn hard a couple of times trying to check an opponent. I just fear he'll get hurt at some point when missing one of these.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There's been a couple instances already where I got concerned he might be hurt and we are only two games in.

The first one was when he got the knee from Matthews and he skated gingerly off the ice.

The 2nd was when he planted his face into the boards.

There's not much he could have done about the Matthews play, but I sure hope he doesn't make a habit of the 2nd play.
What are you gonna do when he blocks a shot or God forbid he gets into a fight?

OB5

May 2, 2015
What are you gonna do when he blocks a shot or God forbid he gets into a fight?
I don't think he's going to fight...wasn't his injury because of a fight? Hopefully he learned. Both instances here were not his fault, but he does seem to have only one speed.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Anderson is a bull in a China shop...if you've spent any time watching him in Columbus the last few years, that's how he plays

I hope he doesn't stop because as soon as he does, he will help justify all those concerns about his contract being too rich.

People thought he was on injured reserve before the season even started lol.

He'll be just fine...y'all worry way too much man lol

Let's hope Anderson doesn't become the china. The way he misses and hits the boards often is a risk.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Pacioretty is underrated by the Habs fans I think. He was one of the best goal scorer in the league in his prime with DD as Center and a young Gally

I agree, he is a great goal scorer and was underappreciated by a lot of fans and especially by the media.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think he's going to fight...wasn't his injury because of a fight? Hopefully he learned. Both instances here were not his fault, but he does seem to have only one speed.
I think his injury is behind him...he's not concerned about it.

So if an occasion arises where he needs to fight, I have no doubt he will.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Let's hope Anderson doesn't become the china. The way he misses and hits the boards often is a risk.
How many times has that happened over 2 games?

Guys miss hits all the time, Kotkaniemi has done it multiple times...Edmundson did right before the Habs scored.

It's going to happen. I think we're overstating this personally.

We haven't had a player like this in ages and everyone wants him to play in bubble wrap (not saying you necessarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad