Value of: Josh Anderson to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Any Jackets fan is going to say that. Any Oilers fan is going to laugh that the near 50 point winger is worth more than the near 70 point center.

Just how it goes.
It’s a matter of need. Columbus needs him more than they need a 2C.

Imagine what Edmonton would want for a really good young 2nd pair defenseman.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Thats great your top line can get 100pts each again while making 20+ mil combined while no ine else on their team does anything and see how many more #1 overall picks they can receive. Id trade Jones for Mathews over secondary assist champ McDavid. The better goal scorer and player of the 2.
Wow I don't even know what to say to this post unreal

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
no. The jackets then hope to have Wennberg return to form or move out our valuable extras. Guys like Savard, Wennberg, prospects like Marchenko, Stenlund, and add one of our stud goalie prospects.

Right now look at how happy Duchene is and watch him interact with the team and the fans. He said the 2 most important things to him is winning and a place to raise a family. Playera like nash, clarkson, and others have stayed in Columbus post nhl career because how great of a city it is to raise a family.

Anderson is a stud prototype power foward and numbers have only risen every year. Hes not going for a RNH who isnt a cbj system type player. Anderson is the definition of Columbus.

They would never ask for that. They would add and ask for the former C turned McDavids wing and hope he can move back to C.

Bjorkstrand while less valuable to anderson if you say who is worth more to us between those 2 players... is worth just as much as Anderson. We would keep Andy because style of play over Bjork but neither are going to be on any other team anytime soon unless you have us add for an untouchable. Both of these guys are 30 goal capable. Neither player gets top line or top PP minutes. Just not happening unless there is a legit reason.

Better on the Jackets 100% yes. Nuge was a good wing for McDavid at times but hasnt ever impressed me as a player. Andersons size speed and willingness to get physical while having the shot he has... the older slower player qith less control and significantly more expensive player is not the favorite here...

We were higher in the standings this year before we got Duchene. We made it work all year with jenner as a 2C. Sure we would like more depth but not at the cost of a still before prime and coat controlled Anderson. Anderson right now is 100% > then Nuge

We also have u25 LHD signed with good contracts maybe you heard of Werenski, Murray, Nutivaara, and a new arrival Olympic gold medalist and fresh of the record breaking defensive season in the KHL. Our left side is so loaded Nuti has to play off hand. The Monsters also in the playoffs. Forward prospects do we have any? Foudy, SHL star Bremstrom, and Texier who after 2 NHL regular season games was sloted into our 3rd line and #2 PP at the age of 19 and playing extremely well against the best team in the league this year. We already have the youngest team in the league. Our oldest D is Savard at like 27 or 28. You might have really good pieces but none make sense or are worth Anderson except 2 players and thats ok.

We need literally non of that. We need improvement on what we have at most

Foudy depending on how our offseason turns out might be on the team next year. You would have to blow us out of the water. At the TDL Jarmo talked about having chances to get guys like Stone but refused to even talk about the names Texier, Bremstrom, and Foudy. He said they were non starters. Tex or Bremstrom are the Bread replacements while Foudy is going to likely be the 3C until Duchene slows or moves to wing. Whoever doesnt land the 1LW between Tex and Bremmer gets the 2LW.

Mikey, as a Columbus fan I think there is no way Anderson is worth Draisatl. It's insulting to even say that to Oilers fans.

Reactions: JackFr and Viqsi

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
To be honest: I didn't know much about Josh Anderson but watching him in the first round I have one word "wow". What a great find for the Jackets. Very underrated.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Nugent-Hopkins for Anderson seems pretty fair from an outsider’s point of view. Doesn’t seem like something either team would do, though.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Nugent-Hopkins for Anderson seems pretty fair from an outsider’s point of view. Doesn’t seem like something either team would do, though.

I would say Nuge holds a fair bit more value, given that he just nearly hit 70 points, and he's a center.

Reactions: Uncle

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Let's just go balls out crazy.

Josh Anderson and Boone Jenner

for

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jesse Puljujarvi

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
kjzOgMA.png

6In5ajO.png

What gets this done?

Edmonton untouchables: McDavid, Draisaitl.

We want this guy, only McJesus and Drai not available.....well then RNH-absolutely not.

Never change EDM fans never change.

First the CBJ will never trade this kid, second if they were I suspect the ask would be Drai which we know ain’t happening.

The reality is EDM is going to be a bubble team this year again. I really don’t know why Holland bought out Sekera personally as I think eating 50% would have been preferable. Look it’s likely that Bouchard is on the team and Jones which should help out the back end. If one or two of the young kids can step up in the forward group you should see some improvement. Tippet should also help regarding the coaching IMO.

Just let Broberg develop in the minors don’t rush him this is not your year. See if you can work out some sort of trade to get Poolparty out and some asset in, even if it’s a lower tier asset that can plug into this team for cheap and is controlled. I know you ideally want a top 6 winger but Pool’s value won’t return that at this point. It’s too bad the sweetener we had to add to the Ceci deal was Brown because I think he would have been great on EDM middle 6.

Next year this team will be much much better, I know it’s hard to lose another season but you can’t afford to try and rush this again.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
We want this guy, only McJesus and Drai not available.....well then RNH-absolutely not.

Never change EDM fans never change.

First the CBJ will never trade this kid, second if they were I suspect the ask would be Drai which we know ain’t happening.

The reality is EDM is going to be a bubble team this year again. I really don’t know why Holland bought out Sekera personally as I think eating 50% would have been preferable. Look it’s likely that Bouchard is on the team and Jones which should help out the back end. If one or two of the young kids can step up in the forward group you should see some improvement. Tippet should also help regarding the coaching IMO.

Just let Broberg develop in the minors don’t rush him this is not your year. See if you can work out some sort of trade to get Poolparty out and some asset in, even if it’s a lower tier asset that can plug into this team for cheap and is controlled. I know you ideally want a top 6 winger but Pool’s value won’t return that at this point. It’s too bad the sweetener we had to add to the Ceci deal was Brown because I think he would have been great on EDM middle 6.

Next year this team will be much much better, I know it’s hard to lose another season but you can’t afford to try and rush this again.

There is so much wrong with this post. First off, are you saying Leaf fans don't make proposals for untouchable players? And I'm pretty sure Parayko is a lot more untouchable than Josh Anderson.

Second of all, Anderson is worth less than Nuge.

Third, we know we're a bubble team. Holland also explored Sekera at 50%, but there were no takers. Bouchard will not play in the NHL this year. We're not going to rush Broberg.

Stop acting like you know anything about the Oilers.

Never change TOR fans never change.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

webdev

Nov 3, 2017
Oilers fans hoping another kid from the GTA saves that team.

Oilers are a bubble team? Did they get regulated to the AHL because they sure as hell are not a bubble team in the NHL in 2019!

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
There is so much wrong with this post. First off, are you saying Leaf fans don't make proposals for untouchable players? And I'm pretty sure Parayko is a lot more untouchable than Josh Anderson.

Third, we know we're a bubble team. Holland also explored Sekera at 50%, but there were no takers. Bouchard will not play in the NHL this year. We're not going to rush Broberg.

Oilers fans take it to the next level and if you don’t believe me here just look at the comments on the 3 or 4 pages. Look at 99% of the Oilers proposals on these boards and how one sided they are.

If Bouchard is not going to play on your team this year then your even more of a bubble team than previously believed. That’s good to hear that this management team won’t push Broberg because you really messed up Poolparty. Maybe he was just a bad pick but with both Yak and Poolparty being highly touted wingers you gotta wonder why you can’t find a decent player to play wing beside McJesus.

Regarding Nuge Vs. Anderson, Anderson would likely be extended for a reasonable cap hit. He is exactly what EDM needs. RNH is a luxury you can’t afford just like Kadri was on our team.

Point is they are trading a controlled slightly younger asset and a player they need for two years of RNH then UFA player. Sure they need a two C but at this point they could likely help a team like Nashville and grab Turris for pennies on the dollar just to alleviate their cap situation. Regardless they made their run and it didn’t work out if they are gonna trade an asset like Anderson it will to get a young Blue Chip or a 20-21 year old who is just starting to break out but as we have seen those type of players don’t get traded.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would say Nuge holds a fair bit more value, given that he just nearly hit 70 points, and he's a center.
Let’s not act like he’s a 70pt center when he put up a ton of points playing on 97’s wing. Don’t believe me? Look at RNH’s faceoffs per game over the last 4-5 years. It’s been dropping almost every year. Used to be about 17/game. This past season was about 10/game, the lowest probably in his career.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We aren’t trading Anderson. We aren’t trading Bjorkstrand. We aren’t trading Foudy. Stop it.

Rightfully so but to tell fans to stop would mean there would be no site . CBJ fans also post threads asking for players other teams don’t want to move should they also stop ? Again this is a hockey site where fans make proposals that are likely never happening . It doesn’t hurt to discuss value. Also most time fans opinions are vastly different then GMs

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Rightfully so but to tell fans to stop would mean there would be no site . CBJ fans also post threads asking for players other teams don’t want to move should they also stop ? Again this is a hockey site where fans make proposals that are likely never happening . It doesn’t hurt to discuss value. Also most time fans opinions are vastly different then GMs

No, but one should do some research first to see what makes sense...

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Let’s not act like he’s a 70pt center when he put up a ton of points playing on 97’s wing. Don’t believe me? Look at RNH’s faceoffs per game over the last 4-5 years. It’s been dropping almost every year. Used to be about 17/game. This past season was about 10/game, the lowest probably in his career.

I made a post some time ago showing that Nuge actually put up more points playing on his own line than while he was playing with McDavid. That was when playing with the likes of Chiasson, Rieder, Khaira, and Lucic.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
There is no deal to be had here that makes sense for either team. Anderson is one of those talents that would be too hard to replace in Columbus. I don't care about points, they only tell part of the story. This kid has a lot more than just points to provide. I expect him to be a 30g scorer this year and he plays in all situations. Great 5v5 player and excellent on the PK. should be getting a little more PP time this year as well. just don't see a point to the pissing party. Columbus fans think beyond highly of this kid and he's a hot commodity in NHL circles from what you can read. The cost to get him would absolutely be stupid so there is no deal to discuss. Neither team's fans will be happy.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017

Lol you wish the oil were a bubble team but realistically they are a basement dweller. Enjoy another bottom 10 finish as that "bubble team".

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Lol you wish the oil were a bubble team but realistically they are a basement dweller. Enjoy another bottom 10 finish as that "bubble team".

Read the post. It was in response to something the previous poster said. And to be honest, I would prefer a bottom 10 finish over being a bubble team.

And since we're insulting other poster's teams, I might as well point out your second pairing of Kulikov and Niku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad