Value of: Josh Anderson to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Every time a younger player has a good playoff someone wants to to trade for him. Trying to trade for a player at their highest value is always waste of a thread. Just like someone wanting to trade for LD now at his highest value. Not going to happen.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Edmonton fans, you guys made the thread and are now berating CBJ fans for asking for a lot for someone they don't want to trade. Nice.

Call it what you want. My point remains. You guys don't have anything to trade to the Jackets that they'd want, other than a few centers. Only one of them makes sense at all.

It's just funny when one team makes a thread and gets mad at the other team for not giving what they want. You should know, it happens every time a Drai thread comes up.

Edmonton fans or the team didn't make the thread. One user did. Please don't think their opinions are representative of the whole. Anderson is fantastic and would love him on o ut team but makes 0 sense for CBJ to move him. Most of us recognize that it takes two to tango, except OP apparently.

Reactions: mikeyp24

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Edmonton fans or the team didn't make the thread. One user did. Please don't think their opinions are representative of the whole. Anderson is fantastic and would love him on o ut team but makes 0 sense for CBJ to move him. Most of us recognize that it takes two to tango, except OP apparently.

Sorry, didin't think a hypothetical trade discussion would cause such butt-hurt.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You're probably looking at RNH if the Jackets lose Duchene.
no. The jackets then hope to have Wennberg return to form or move out our valuable extras. Guys like Savard, Wennberg, prospects like Marchenko, Stenlund, and add one of our stud goalie prospects.

Right now look at how happy Duchene is and watch him interact with the team and the fans. He said the 2 most important things to him is winning and a place to raise a family. Playera like nash, clarkson, and others have stayed in Columbus post nhl career because how great of a city it is to raise a family.

Anderson is a stud prototype power foward and numbers have only risen every year. Hes not going for a RNH who isnt a cbj system type player. Anderson is the definition of Columbus.

I’m sure they’d ask for that, but there’s no way theyd get it.
They would never ask for that. They would add and ask for the former C turned McDavids wing and hope he can move back to C.

It's ok we wouldn't offer it in the first place

No deal to be made for Anderson here tbh. We should look at Bjorkstrand instead.
Bjorkstrand while less valuable to anderson if you say who is worth more to us between those 2 players... is worth just as much as Anderson. We would keep Andy because style of play over Bjork but neither are going to be on any other team anytime soon unless you have us add for an untouchable. Both of these guys are 30 goal capable. Neither player gets top line or top PP minutes. Just not happening unless there is a legit reason.

right because Josh Anderson is just SO much better hey? :facepalm:
Better on the Jackets 100% yes. Nuge was a good wing for McDavid at times but hasnt ever impressed me as a player. Andersons size speed and willingness to get physical while having the shot he has... the older slower player qith less control and significantly more expensive player is not the favorite here...

could be and maybe i was a little snarky but if Duchene walks at the end of the season, will the Jackets feel like they have enough center depth with Dubois, who's turning into a great player, as well as the likes of Jenner, Wennberg and Nash? do these guys all play center still and is that good enough depth? there still is some talk of trading Nuge here for some winger depth so that's what posts like these are based on.
We were higher in the standings this year before we got Duchene. We made it work all year with jenner as a 2C. Sure we would like more depth but not at the cost of a still before prime and coat controlled Anderson. Anderson right now is 100% > then Nuge

We have a top ten draft pick, two very good young LHD 25 and under with good contracts, a top AHL team and the strongest prospect pool I can ever remember us having in 35 years following this team. They might not want to trade Anderson which is fine but saying we have nothing beyond a few centres is flat out wrong.
We also have u25 LHD signed with good contracts maybe you heard of Werenski, Murray, Nutivaara, and a new arrival Olympic gold medalist and fresh of the record breaking defensive season in the KHL. Our left side is so loaded Nuti has to play off hand. The Monsters also in the playoffs. Forward prospects do we have any? Foudy, SHL star Bremstrom, and Texier who after 2 NHL regular season games was sloted into our 3rd line and #2 PP at the age of 19 and playing extremely well against the best team in the league this year. We already have the youngest team in the league. Our oldest D is Savard at like 27 or 28. You might have really good pieces but none make sense or are worth Anderson except 2 players and thats ok.

Sure thing, who needs draft picks, top four defence, or expansion exempt assets anyway?

Point is nobody was berating anyone and you were being overly dramatic for likes.
We need literally non of that. We need improvement on what we have at most

The correct player to target from CBJ is Liam Foudy. He and Bouchard have the London connection.

Anderson is a guy who'd just cost a lot and put up worse numbers on a new team. Then we'd have deal with his *****ey agent.

Lots of nice pieces but I don't see a deal that makes sense though.
Foudy depending on how our offseason turns out might be on the team next year. You would have to blow us out of the water. At the TDL Jarmo talked about having chances to get guys like Stone but refused to even talk about the names Texier, Bremstrom, and Foudy. He said they were non starters. Tex or Bremstrom are the Bread replacements while Foudy is going to likely be the 3C until Duchene slows or moves to wing. Whoever doesnt land the 1LW between Tex and Bremmer gets the 2LW.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
no. The jackets then hope to have Wennberg return to form or move out our valuable extras. Guys like Savard, Wennberg, prospects like Marchenko, Stenlund, and add one of our stud goalie prospects.

Right now look at how happy Duchene is and watch him interact with the team and the fans. He said the 2 most important things to him is winning and a place to raise a family. Playera like nash, clarkson, and others have stayed in Columbus post nhl career because how great of a city it is to raise a family.

Anderson is a stud prototype power foward and numbers have only risen every year. Hes not going for a RNH who isnt a cbj system type player. Anderson is the definition of Columbus.

They would never ask for that. They would add and ask for the former C turned McDavids wing and hope he can move back to C.

Bjorkstrand while less valuable to anderson if you say who is worth more to us between those 2 players... is worth just as much as Anderson. We would keep Andy because style of play over Bjork but neither are going to be on any other team anytime soon unless you have us add for an untouchable. Both of these guys are 30 goal capable. Neither player gets top line or top PP minutes. Just not happening unless there is a legit reason.

Better on the Jackets 100% yes. Nuge was a good wing for McDavid at times but hasnt ever impressed me as a player. Andersons size speed and willingness to get physical while having the shot he has... the older slower player qith less control and significantly more expensive player is not the favorite here...

We were higher in the standings this year before we got Duchene. We made it work all year with jenner as a 2C. Sure we would like more depth but not at the cost of a still before prime and coat controlled Anderson. Anderson right now is 100% > then Nuge

We also have u25 LHD signed with good contracts maybe you heard of Werenski, Murray, Nutivaara, and a new arrival Olympic gold medalist and fresh of the record breaking defensive season in the KHL. Our left side is so loaded Nuti has to play off hand. The Monsters also in the playoffs. Forward prospects do we have any? Foudy, SHL star Bremstrom, and Texier who after 2 NHL regular season games was sloted into our 3rd line and #2 PP at the age of 19 and playing extremely well against the best team in the league this year. We already have the youngest team in the league. Our oldest D is Savard at like 27 or 28. You might have really good pieces but none make sense or are worth Anderson except 2 players and thats ok.

We need literally non of that. We need improvement on what we have at most

Foudy depending on how our offseason turns out might be on the team next year. You would have to blow us out of the water. At the TDL Jarmo talked about having chances to get guys like Stone but refused to even talk about the names Texier, Bremstrom, and Foudy. He said they were non starters. Tex or Bremstrom are the Bread replacements while Foudy is going to likely be the 3C until Duchene slows or moves to wing. Whoever doesnt land the 1LW between Tex and Bremmer gets the 2LW.

This is a word wall, but the main point I wanted to touch on is “they’d add and ask for Draisaitl”.

Firstly, :laugh:. Secondly, Draisaitl is completely unavailable. Thirdly, you have neither the quantity or quality of available +’s that would get you in Draisaitl’s orbit.

Unless you’re prepared to give up Seth Jones on top of Anderson, keep Leon’s name out of your mouth. ;)

Credit for balls, though, takes some to ask for a 105 point, 50 goal 23 year old when your first piece is a 25 year old 47 point player. Holy hell.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
f507ae1e-3059-45b0-9b4f-a44fb3e04e05.png

0c9579af-4b56-4625-b9cb-c1b722464d01.png

What gets this done?

Edmonton untouchables: McDavid, Draisaitl.

if hes traded its probably contract related... he was a tough signing last time around and there might be bitter feelings. if hes not unhappy, then I doubt they trade him. hes very good

if he is traded theres going to be strong competition... so the easy answer is you need to be the top bidder.

im sure the oiler first round pick has value
and next years
I think caleb jones might be of interest to reunite the brothers
puuljujarvi could be of interest to some teams
yamomoto could be of interest
Columbus is prob still looking for a number 1 center and might like Hopkins

theres no easy answer here that screams out but I suppose theres enough pieces that something could be worked out. I just think it will be a different team that makes the deal or more likely, he stays in Columbus

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
This is a word wall, but the main point I wanted to touch on is “they’d add and ask for Draisaitl”.

Firstly, :laugh:. Secondly, Draisaitl is completely unavailable. Thirdly, you have neither the quantity or quality of available +’s that would get you in Draisaitl’s orbit.

Unless you’re prepared to give up Seth Jones on top of Anderson, keep Leon’s name out of your mouth. ;)

Credit for balls, though, takes some to ask for a 105 point, 50 goal 23 year old when your first piece is a 25 year old 47 point player. Holy hell.
If you want to add mcdavid on to Dria you can have Jones I guess.

The thing is he sure didngreat putting up 105 points on one of the worst teams in hockey being fed passes from the best assist man in hockey. He cant drive his own offense and he and mcdavid play hero ball. Its just them 2 scoring. Atkinson scored 41 does that mean he is right about similar worth of Dria? I couldnt care less about Drias 30 secondary assists. Goals for goals basically even only 1 doesnt wing for mcdavid. Meaning Cam has more value by your standards.

Anderson+Werenski with a medium + would be about right.

No player outside McDavid could even get a peak into the lockerroom to get a glimpse of Jones.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you want to add mcdavid on to Dria you can have Jones I guess.

The thing is he sure didngreat putting up 105 points on one of the worst teams in hockey being fed passes from the best assist man in hockey. He cant drive his own offense and he and mcdavid play hero ball. Its just them 2 scoring. Atkinson scored 41 does that mean he is right about similar worth of Dria? I couldnt care less about Drias 30 secondary assists. Goals for goals basically even only 1 doesnt wing for mcdavid. Meaning Cam has more value by your standards.

Anderson+Werenski with a medium + would be about right.

No player outside McDavid could even get a peak into the lockerroom to get a glimpse of Jones.

Anderson, Werenski, and mediocre +’s don’t get you anywhere near Draisaitl, despite what you think is “about right”. Absolutely zero need for more lefties, especially ones that need to be carried to decent results by a better partner.

No, Atkinson doesn’t have close to his value either. Older, smaller, a pure winger, and lesser results. The “Buh McDavid” thing is so f***ing tired. See, on some teams, players have more than one good linemate, and don’t have to haul around wingers with 0 goals like Toby Rieder. I don’t know how Atkinson survived stuck with bums like Dubois and Panarin, honestly. Is he just mooching off of his linemates? Providing no value of his own? On some teams, defencemen can make outlet passes.

Downplay Draisaitl’s accomplishments all you want, he’s completely unavailable to you for anyone except Jones and honestly even then I’d say no. 50 goal scorers aren’t traded and they definitely aren’t traded for the nothing special you’re positing.

and I wouldn’t take any four assets you have for McDavid, Jones included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Kelly

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Anderson, Werenski, and mediocre +’s don’t get you anywhere near Draisaitl, despite what you think is “about right”. Absolutely zero need for more lefties, especially ones that need to be carried to decent results by a better partner.

No, Atkinson doesn’t have close to his value either. Older, smaller, a pure winger, and lesser results. The “Buh McDavid” thing is so ****ing tired. See, on some teams, players have more than one good linemate, and don’t have to haul around wingers with 0 goals like Toby Rieder. I don’t know how Atkinson survived stuck with bums like Dubois and Panarin, honestly. Is he just mooching off of his linemates? Providing no value of his own? On some teams, defencemen can make outlet passes.

Downplay Draisaitl’s accomplishments all you want, he’s completely unavailable to you for anyone except Jones and honestly even then I’d say no. 50 goal scorers aren’t traded and they definitely aren’t traded for the nothing special you’re positing.

and I wouldn’t take any four assets you have for McDavid, Jones included.
Thats great your top line can get 100pts each again while making 20+ mil combined while no ine else on their team does anything and see how many more #1 overall picks they can receive. Id trade Jones for Mathews over secondary assist champ McDavid. The better goal scorer and player of the 2.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thats great your top line can get 100pts each again while making 20+ mil combined while no ine else on their team does anything and see how many more #1 overall picks they can receive. Id trade Jones for Mathews over secondary assist champ McDavid. The better goal scorer and player of the 2.

Matthews IS the generational 70 point player :laugh: your takes are getting worse and worse. How is the fact that their team sucks on McDavid and Draisaitl? They’re paid to be elite, and they were elite. They even turned Chiasson into damn near a 25 goal scorer and Kassian into a top six option.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Matthews IS the generational 70 point player :laugh: your takes are getting worse and worse. How is the fact that their team sucks on McDavid and Draisaitl? They’re paid to be elite, and they were elite. They even turned Chiasson into damn near a 25 goal scorer and Kassian into a top six option.
and their team into a cap crunch that doesnt allow for any depth. Their god damn heros. And just like Ovi over Crosby... Ill take the guy putting the puck in the net over the guy who just happened to be the 2nd to last person to touch the puck to get a point. Im not a Toronto fan or a caps fan nor do I hate the Oliers so my opinion isnt blind biases I just see talent for talent and understand that a guy with 100pts and only 34 are goals is no better then a player with 32 goals and 20assists. You have to qatch the game and put it into context. One day if we get a chance to see Dria away from McDavid we will see how many 100pt seasons he has.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
and their team into a cap crunch that doesnt allow for any depth. Their god damn heros. And just like Ovi over Crosby... Ill take the guy putting the puck in the net over the guy who just happened to be the 2nd to last person to touch the puck to get a point. Im not a Toronto fan or a caps fan nor do I hate the Oliers so my opinion isnt blind biases I just see talent for talent and understand that a guy with 100pts and only 34 are goals is no better then a player with 32 goals and 20assists. You have to qatch the game and put it into context. One day if we get a chance to see Dria away from McDavid we will see how many 100pt seasons he has.

You know Matthews makes like 35 cents less a year than McDavid going forward, right?

You argue on one hand you’ll take the guy putting the puck in the net but on the other hand totally disregard the guy that just scored 50 goals which you’ll take note is more than Matthews has ever scored.

... so, 35 goals + 75 assists = 35 goals + 20 assists to you? So you must be completely willing to move Wennberg for Kyle Brodziak then if assists matter so little to you, and obviously Chiasson >>> Jenner. :laugh:

Your arguments are ridiculous and nonsensical.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You know Matthews makes like 35 cents less a year than McDavid going forward, right?

You argue on one hand you’ll take the guy putting the puck in the net but on the other hand totally disregard the guy that just scored 50 goals which you’ll take note is more than Matthews has ever scored.

... so, 35 goals + 75 assists = 35 goals + 20 assists to you? So you must be completely willing to move Wennberg for Kyle Brodziak then if assists matter so little to you, and obviously Chiasson >>> Jenner. :laugh:

Your arguments are ridiculous and nonsensical.
I hope one day just for you that you can comprehend basic player value and end it there. Best of luck getting yet another #1.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
2 homers going toe to toe, what a battle
Im normally not bad im normally optimistic to balance out the pessimism in our section. I believe in balance. If our section was like TB fans this year Id be the CBJwennberg10 of the fans.

So here when stuck against the Mothra of bias homers I have to turn it up to 11 just to try to get on that homer level... I basically have to take what I think and amplify it to levels never reached before and still struggle to reach the level in which this guy lives.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I hope one day just for you that you can comprehend basic player value and end it there. Best of luck getting yet another #1.

You literally just argued assists don’t matter and played up goal scoring after degrading the second best goal scorer in the NHL. There’s certainly a lack of comprehension here.

Congratulations on finally being relevant and winning your first playoff series. Y’all aren’t superstitious, are you? ;)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You literally just argued assists don’t matter and played up goal scoring after degrading the second best goal scorer in the NHL. There’s certainly a lack of comprehension here.

Congratulations on finally being relevant and winning your first playoff series. Y’all aren’t superstitious, are you? ;)
Thanks for the kind words I wish I could talk about your relevance but its been longer then our team has even been in the league by about 10 years. But hey theres always the Can McDavid win the hart even though the oilers didnt win a single game threads to look out for <3

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Lol love how people make offers for players that are clearly getting hot and on the upswing. Now is the worst time to trade for josh Anderson and that’s because he is amazing.

This is not how you build contenders...you go in when a player is not playing well. I’d look at wennberg for example. No longer a fit, bad year,, but has had success before. 1st round pick....not sure if Columbus would want to trade him given free agent situation, but from a player development/acquisition point, he is in the right spot.

Very similar to Elias lindholm in carolina. Just wasn’t a fit anymore....now look what happens

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If Oilers want size just sign Ferland for free he is from western Canada and is a way better fighter than Anderson.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Did you really just argue that a player with 100 points isnt better than one with 52?

And secondary assist champ McDavid? Pretty sure hes lead the league in even strength primary points for a couple years.

His p1/60 - 2.7

Matthews p1/60 - 2.3

McDavid 57 primary assists/18 secondary
Matthews 23 primary assists/13 secondary.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
could be and maybe i was a little snarky but if Duchene walks at the end of the season, will the Jackets feel like they have enough center depth with Dubois, who's turning into a great player, as well as the likes of Jenner, Wennberg and Nash? do these guys all play center still and is that good enough depth? there still is some talk of trading Nuge here for some winger depth so that's what posts like these are based on.
They wouldn’t be enough center depth but if you consider Columbus other centers like Texier and Dubinsky it’s not only enough, they have to move a few to the wing. RNH is not a need. Columbus needs are a high scoring winger and probably a short term 1b goalie.

Bjorkstrand is one of the guys who can fill that scoring winger slot so it would be hard to give him up unless it was an offer they can’t refuse.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Anderson for rnh does make good sense value wise but there are problems.
Rnh is one of two capable nhl centres in the Oilers entire organization. Without him, it's all on mcdavid (as if it wasn't already).
Now if draisaitl played center that would be different story. But it is clear now; draisaitl is a winger.... a dominant one.
Makes no sense for the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad