Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hold up.
Hold up.
Hold up.

I am a leaf fan weighing in on this discussion.

OK say what you want, but isn't he a Leaf killer? Doesn't that hold any weight in this discussion?
He could score every game against you for the rest of his career and he'd still be a terrible hockey player.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Still 3 more years at 5.5M... he's not going to get better as a player.

Only good news, he can't be worst than this year.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't know what's up with him. He's out there skating 40 km a night doing absolutely nothing and in all honesty I don't know if I've ever seen a player skate as fast and as far as Josh Anderson with so little to show for it.:laugh:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't know what's up with him. He's out there skating 40 km a night doing absolutely nothing and in all honesty I don't know if I've ever seen a player skate as fast and as far as Josh Anderson with so little to show for it.:laugh:
I honestly think that whatever system or concept MSL has instituted Josh Anderson doesn't have the hockey IQ to be able to play in that way.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
props to people shitting on me last offseason when I said he was nothing special and that contract was god tier trash.

Better not see an injury excuse coming up in the next posts.

40 points winger overpaid. Most of the time when I say shit like this the player in question goes ham but with him im not even worried.

Unfortunately, this post has aged like fine wine.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Unfortunately, this post has aged like fine wine.
All of the stench from MB is still lingering on our team. God awful management in every sense of the word, but hey if I ever own a billion dollar company i'd love to annoint a High School educated ex meat head hockey player to take care of my $100M P/L. Have you seen his pipes? He must know what he is doing.

Makes one understand why nepotism is a business killer... starting with a kid who happens to have the last name Molson..

Reactions: Tyson

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I honestly think that whatever system or concept MSL has instituted Josh Anderson doesn't have the hockey IQ to be able to play in that way.
Yeah it doesn't seem to be working so hopefully they can get to finding a better balance point for him if they can't move him. MSL is right in that it's better to adjust your speed to the situation instead of skating as fast as possible all the time, but having said that there are still times when you can and should go all out. Anderson seems to struggle with recognizing those situations and so is still going slower all the time and misses out on the opportunities where he should go fast. It's probably better for him to get back to going all out all the time even if that means not recognizing the times he should go slower.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's probably mental with Anderson. Similar to Armia last year. Coming off major injury never got quite right and lost confidence. Anderson scored 20 goals in 69 games in each of last 2 seasons. He shouldn't of fell off like this.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It's probably mental with Anderson. Similar to Armia last year. Coming off major injury never got quite right and lost confidence. Anderson scored 20 goals in 69 games in each of last 2 seasons. He shouldn't have fell off like this.
20 goals in the current high scoring era, with the amount of TOI he got, is not particularly impressive

But his problem isn’t emotional, it’s more that he doesn’t work well within MSL’s “make reads not system plays” approach. I can imagine he can’t simplify his game much more than it already is so he can’t really make any other adjustments to spark a change.

I think he has it in him to show a lot more. Not sure why it hasn’t happened yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad