Player Discussion Josh Anderson - Power Forward 101 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You have to give Jarmo some credit. Despite the 1 goal season he was still making big long term offers to Anderson. IIRC Portzline reported it as something like $5.25m x 6. They got close, but Anderson never budged until he got his ask.. from Bergevin. Time will tell if that term comes back to bite. Jackets fans are the least surprised that Anderson is good and well liked in Montreal.
Habs offer (per Portzline) was $250K per year more over same term (7-years)

Reactions: majormajor

WG

Sep 9, 2008
You have to give Jarmo some credit. Despite the 1 goal season he was still making big long term offers to Anderson. IIRC Portzline reported it as something like $5.25m x 6. They got close, but Anderson never budged until he got his ask.. from Bergevin. Time will tell if that term comes back to bite. Jackets fans are the least surprised that Anderson is good and well liked in Montreal.

Edit: I'm told it was $5.25m x 7
If that's all the difference there was, this might be another guy CBJ lost because of Torts. You'd think that if JA loved playing for CBJ they could have bridged a 250K difference over a 7 year contract.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thank god, we were able to get this guy, and Toffoli of course....
Our other 5.5M guy has 2 goals....yes, 2 goals.
Anderson makes the other D nervous, you can see this every night....

Jul 6, 2016
Thank god, we were able to get this guy, and Toffoli of course....
Our other 5.5M guy has 2 goals....yes, 2 goals.
Anderson makes the other D nervous, you can see this every night....

Anderson, Toffoli, Edmundson, Allen and Perry were all good acquisitions. Frolik and Staal, not so much. And we still have to see Merrill and Gustafson in action.

Too bad the rest of the line up did not follow the parade (Drouin, Price and Weber especially).

Reactions: Sagikev and Schwang

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If that's all the difference there was, this might be another guy CBJ lost because of Torts. You'd think that if JA loved playing for CBJ they could have bridged a 250K difference over a 7 year contract.

Anderson had zero issues with Torts, he's like a Torts dream player.

Andy wouldn't budge on his ask because Jarmo played hardball on his previous contract. "You had the hammer, now I do".

Reactions: Sagikev and BLONG7

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He definitely has the size, speed and skills to score 30+ on a consistent basis.

He's tied for 7th in the league in Even Strength Goals.

9fd24ec80bb4cc569bcf6191ccd68da4.gif

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs offer (per Portzline) was $250K per year more over same term (7-years)
the issue was les about the money and more about the Blue Jackets reluctance to go 7yrs.

If I recall correctly, that was the sticking point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hard not to like pretty much everything about his game, he's definitely a guy to build around . The fact that we could get him at only 27 is just pure gravy on top.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
the issue was les about the money and more about the Blue Jackets reluctance to go 7yrs.

If I recall correctly, that was the sticking point.
Portzline said CBJ had offered 7-years, only diffence was the $250K per season

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Portzline said CBJ had offered 7-years, only diffence was the $250K per season
You're probably right, I didn't see that Portzline report myself.

But I know for sure I remember hearing that term was the issue from the Jackets point of view.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Hard not to like pretty much everything about his game, he's definitely a guy to build around . The fact that we could get him at only 27 is just pure gravy on top.

He's actually only 26. We have locked up pretty much all his prime years. His contract ends at 32 (he would turn 33 in May that year)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Really is. And he did the same thing earlier this year too, where he made that diving pass to Drouin for a KK goal.

Id wait a few years and staple the C on that boy.
Sorry but he doesnt seem like a leader to me. A leader should watch his players get headshotted and do nothing about it while not taking an ounce of responsibility for the teams dog shit performance when hes arguably the biggest reason why.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Some classic posts upon trade announcement:

Nope!
We got a younger version of Dwight King in Anderson.

BargainBin must of shopped around Domi so much, other teams had lowered their expectations. Happened with Pacces too. In this case, BargainBin was just so fed up with Domi, he was desperate. The return is another enigmatic player with size. Bourque 2.0. Enjoy.

In their respective career so far.

Domi .67 PPG
Anderson .43 PPG
BIG enough of a difference and we needed to add a 3rd on top?!??!

Holy shit 45-55 point forward? No way, Domi will give at least 60 points easy. He was playing for an offensive black hole in Arizona and was given crap opportunities this year after not playing well at the start. Domi is likely a 20 goal scorer every year and 60+ points.

Yes and BargainBin grabbed him at a discounted price and a third according to some on here. I don't care much about that third, it's like adding an extra to get rid of a problem for a problem to make it enticing. Lowered Domi's value so much, no leverage.

He did this again when he traded Galchy. Player had great stats but was a big problemo in the locker room. Traded him for an inconsistent player that somehow exploded here for a season in production. The BargainBin couldn't believe it himself, his great plan of destruction didn't come to fruition. However, he must still pursue on his quest. Third time is the charm, they say.

Anderson is Bourque 2.0. What an exceptionally bad player that Gabriel Bourque was.

Once again we just gave a second liner center who can produce 50+ points a season into a injured 3rd liner with no upside.

Another great day to be a habs fan

I freaking hate Barginbin

Inb4 ''hes a proven 27 goals scored multiple times'' ''look what happened with Chariot Dude''

Terrible.

But predictable.​

MB is a f**king idiot.

I agree....I would think Domi is worth more than Andersen.
But Domi will ask more money than Andersen

f*** mb!!!! Such a brutal f***ing trade!!!! Unless Domi was asking 6m+ this is an awful trade!!

I need to cool down a bit before I comment on this but here's a huge **** you to Marc Bergevin until then. What a joke.​

Wow does MB looking f***ing stupid on this how is he the one giving up picks too

This is a horrific trade holy shit
What is wrong with Bergevin?

impossible.... a bad Domi is better than a better Anderson

Bergevin is usually excellent with value. He shit to bed hard on this one. Anderson is better than what he showed this year, but so is Domi.

Hate this trade. Anderson is a glorified third liner. See him get outproduced by Armia next year​

Anderson is a good addition but what a bad trade this is.

We traded a 70pts player for a 4pts player. And we ADDED a 3rd round pick.

You can't make this shit up.

Instead of adding a top 6 forward, we removed one

Honestly, this will go as one of MB worst trade.

2c3f2dee8d.png

Bergevin has gone full "make the team worse but bigger", instead of "make the team better AND bigger".

Stupid

It begins the french media will once again praise Bergevin since Montreal canadiens controls all media.

the dude had 1 goal in 26 games last season. Injury of not , during those 26 games he was god awful.

Now im even more scared of what hes gonna ask. Bergevin literally bought out Alzner for this trade?

Absolutely stupid.

He scored 1 goal last season and played 24 games...broke 20g barrier once...this is our premiere player?..
Its a depth move for the wings. Where they decide to play him is irrelevant. Point is he is likely not going to be a top forward for us.

Anderson is a trash player
Domi much better
Bad trade very bad

Can’t make this s*it up....from only the first couple of pages post trade, there are 41 more pages of this diatribe...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad