Toronto
Our goaltending this season:
200w (3).gif

Joseph Woll:
49a7d893755dfb5603a510966833d14d.gif

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
This is awesome how he’s playing. There’s no room for him right now when healthy but he’s going to be the back up next year. Need to see how Murray/Samsonov situation plays out this year.

Reactions: Its not your fault

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Does anyone know if his play may be a reflection of work done with Sanford, or is it more that he's just finally put it all together? Because if it's coaching, then it's paying off big time so far, and let's hope it spreads to all our net prospects.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Hope he pans out and becomes our #1 in the future. Maybe a Woll Samsonov tandem next year

For now he offers a great third goalie option.

We're in much better shape than we were in October.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Woll is doing great, but................
Before we get too excited,

Great point.

I'm hearing a ton of positivity about Woll right now. But I don't put stock into goalies very easily. I pretty much trust NHL results and nothing else. Until a goalie starts playing well in the show, I don't put any hope into them.

One of the few exceptions is a long track record in the KHL, like Askarov.

Reactions: Buds17

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Great point.

I'm hearing a ton of positivity about Woll right now. But I don't put stock into goalies very easily. I pretty much trust NHL results and nothing else. Until a goalie starts playing well in the show, I don't put any hope into them.

Good strategy, but I'd add don't put any stock into non-NHL performance.

KHL is still 2nd. tier competition.

Reactions: banks

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Great point.

Sparks was a reactionary goalie that relied on his reflexes and athletics to make saves, Woll is more of a positional player which gives him a better chance of becoming an NHL goalie than sparks.
Time will tell.
Askarov will also have to make a jump, but I agree that he has a higher likelihood of being successful

Reactions: banks

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Great point.

How is parts of 16 games over 2 seasons considered "a long track record"?

Woll has put up far better numbers in a league not far off the current KHL.

I've been following Joshua Woll since his college days. I always knew he had this in him.
It's Josiah, fool!!!

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
How is parts of 16 games over 2 seasons considered "a long track record"?

Woll has put up far better numbers in a league not far off the current KHL.

It's Josiah, fool!!!
Hard to have more games than that in your teens. My point is he played against men, and not just a couple fluke games one year. That's as good a track record as a prospect can have.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Hard to have more games than that in your teens. My point is he played against men, and not just a couple fluke games one year. That's as good a track record as a prospect can have.
And usually you give youngsters the easiest opponents so they have a chance at succeeding.

Until Askarov ahowa anything on this side of the pond, he's behind Woll IMO. Does Askarov have a higher ceiling? Absolutely.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
They should have gone with Woll or Kallgren over Murray.

But then Dubas wouldn't have gotten two picks to take on Ottawa's trash.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Yeah, right. imagine they would enter the year with Kallgren as a backup. Leafs nation would have a conniption.
They kinda did actually. After Murray went down his first game and Samsonov got hurt, Kallgren saved the season. He started over ten games.

Guess you forgot about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad