Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident; had drugs in system

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I literally woke up to this and couldn't believe it. One of the best pitchers in baseball is gone. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like he was an even better person. Just an absolutely horrible loss and day for baseball.

RIP Jose

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
RIP to the three deceased. Reminds of the Cleveland Indians tragedy when I was a teenager.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ditto. It was the first tweet that popped up when I opened my phone.

Unbelievable. I don't even know what to say other than RIP.

I hate thinking this, does he even go on that boat if he's pitching today, as originally planned? :(

I suspect we'll never know that.

But of course the media will be digging looking for reasons why this happened, was there alcohol/drugs involved, was he boating in an unlit area because that's what the media does. And to a degree it's just people wanting to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I suspect we'll never know that.

But of course the media will be digging looking for reasons why this happened, was there alcohol/drugs involved, was he boating in an unlit area because that's what the media does. And to a degree it's just people wanting to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

There will be an investigation because that's what happens after fatal crashes and the media will report on it because a person of public interest was involved.

The truth is that boating safety is an issue that could probably use some publicity.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
yeah there's a sense of "it can't happen to me" w/r/t boating safety so it is important to find out what happened and whether it could have been prevented. this just happened to a very famous, very likable star. people will be more likely to pay attention.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I never heard the story of him saving his mother's life in the ocean at age 15 till today either...I feel bad for her and the rest of his family having to go through this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad