Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident; had drugs in system

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
At least three people are reportedly dead after a boat crash off Miami Beach on Sunday morning.

Emergency workers are searching for more victims near Government Cut and South Pointe Park.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews responded to the crash of the 30-foot boat.

“They found a boat that was up against the jetties,†Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Chief Todd Garofalo told WSVN. “They did do an initial search and they found three victims — two on top of the water, one underneath the boat and they had unfortunately passed away.â€
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...ami-beach/article104071446.html#storylink=cpy

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Seriously. What. The. ****. This is insane news to be reading. I can't even comprehend this. RIP Jose and the others involved. This is ****ing terrible.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pretty obvious they did this to mess with the Mets schedule.

In all seriousness though this sounds like an absolute horrible accident. Really sad stuff. 3 people dead.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I practically woke up to this, I thought I was having some bizarre dream. This is beyond comprehension...the poor guy not only had a great career in front of him, he had his whole LIFE in front of him. And as posted above, a family-to-be.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I practically woke up to this, I thought I was having some bizarre dream. This is beyond comprehension...the poor guy not only had a great career in front of him, he had his whole LIFE in front of him. And as posted above, a family-to-be.

Ditto. It was the first tweet that popped up when I opened my phone.

Unbelievable. I don't even know what to say other than RIP.

I hate thinking this, does he even go on that boat if he's pitching today, as originally planned? :(

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Something stupid happened because what it took to hit that jetty at a speed to kill is ridiculous. What a waste of lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad