Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident; had drugs in system

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
It's still really sad what happened, but I feel that the statue was a bad idea, especially in light of what the investigation revealed.

I think that a patch for this season was appropriate, but a statue is too much for someone who died in the manner that Jose did.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's still really sad what happened, but I feel that the statue was a bad idea, especially in light of what the investigation revealed.

I think that a patch for this season was appropriate, but a statue is too much for someone who died in the manner that Jose did.

He was a tremendous individual on and off the field, one night of bad decisions shouldn't change that.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Operating a vehicle while under the influence is more than a bad decision. It's a heinous crime. Writing it off as a "bad decision" or "**** happens" is why this is such a big problem in our society.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Operating a vehicle while under the influence is more than a bad decision. It's a heinous crime. Writing it off as a "bad decision" or "**** happens" is why this is such a big problem in our society.
Give it a rest. Fernandez paid the utmost price for what he did.

Gruß,
BSHH

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
And should anyone give him a pass because he was a talented ball player? I don't think so. People making excuses for him because of that fact doesn't help anyone and quite frankly it's sickening

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
More than one person made a mistake that night.

It's a shame they all lost their lives. None of them "Got what they deserved"

Comments like that are so distasteful.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What Jose did was terrible. His friends were also at fault for going along with it. It's still a tragedy because of the loss of human life and the immense talent that Fernandez was but given the circumstances I don't think immortalizing him in a statue is appropriate.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I have to believe that the reception for the statue is going to be lukewarm at best, if not negative with what has come of the investigation.

I really wish that the Marlins wouldn't go through with the statue since it would needlessly bring attention back to the details that the investigation revealed. It would put a target on the entire organization as well.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Huh? They are just as guilty

Jose Fernandez offered them a boat ride on his boat, which they accepted because they were worried about him as he was upset and was going to go anyways and they didn't want him to be alone. I am curious to know how they are just as guilty, seeing as they were both legally sober (one had trace coke in his system from the previous day), while Fernandez had a large quantity and was double the limit BAC.

Had Fernandez lived, he would likely have been charged with a host of crimes including manslaughter, according to the final report by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Jose Fernandez offered them a boat ride on his boat, which they accepted because they were worried about him as he was upset and was going to go anyways and they didn't want him to be alone. I am curious to know how they are just as guilty, seeing as they were both legally sober (one had trace coke in his system from the previous day), while Fernandez had a large quantity and was double the limit BAC.

If they were truly worried, they would have knocked him out and taken his keys away, then brought him home.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Because they knowingly let an intoxicated person drive them around. If they were sober that's even worse. All of them made extremely dumb decisions that night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad