Prospect Info: Jordy Bellerive hospitalized | Update - Released and Training!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At least from what I've read, it sounds like Bellerive has a burned hand, but I'm not sure the severity of it. My guess is someone did some really stupid **** with throwing gas on a fire, possibly just throwing a gas canister on the fire, and it hurt a lot of people.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Wow, last night I was bracing for news of his death and now he's in good spirits and expected to make a full recovery. Hope the others are as lucky. Scary shit.

Reactions: Jacob

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Wonder if his hand being burnt that badly will affect his hockey career? Like will he be able to stick handle or shoot as well as he did before? Severe burns probably somewhat linger around for the rest of your life.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wonder if his hand being burnt that badly will affect his hockey career? Like will he be able to stick handle or shoot as well as he did before? Severe burns probably somewhat linger around for the rest of your life.

I was wondering but assume/hope that when they say expected to make a full recovery, they mean that he'll be the same hockey player as before.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I was wondering but assume/hope that when they say expected to make a full recovery, they mean that he'll be the same hockey player as before.

Yah, I saw "full recovery" too, But Full recovery can still mean his hand is messed up.

Just hope it's nothing lingering, really excited about this player.

Reactions: Peat

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I'm glad Bellerive is better than we initially thought and I hope the other 2 will equally be okay especially the one in Crititcal Condition...

Being in CC due to burns is not good to hear though. You're talking about tissue, nerve, muscle, damage among other things like Inhalation Burns.

Which I hope the young man has none of.

Whoever threw the gas is an idiot...Even though I'm sure he didnt intend for this to happen.

Its ill advised to even have gasoline near a fire, since the fumes are what ignite, and the unpredictability of its combustion radius.

Let alone throwing it on an open bon-fire, with people around.

Here's hoping they all make full recoveries.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
When you hear someone is critical and it has to do with burns unfortunately it almost never has a good outcome. Praying i am wrong is this case.
It’s never a good thing. Burns injuries are terrible to deal with. So many things can go wrong during treatment and recovery.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
giphy.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
really sad to read about this :(

I'm wishing the best for Vandervlis and his family especially but also wishing for speedy recovery from Bellerive and Alfaro

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That one is even dumber, holy ****. He poured a bottle of Everclear on a lit candle? Like, what? Who is that stupid?

I mean, we've got an epidemic of teens/young adults eating Tide pods to the point where Tide has to warn people that they're not for consumption. Is it really surprising how stupid some people are in this world?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well I'm glad the story I heard was wrong. There was a story floating around that his hand was mangled in an explosion.

Best of luck to all of the kids involved. Scary shit.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Of course. I think we all initially assumed it was someone drunkenly starting a fire though but it appears that is not the case.

So the first ever bachelor party without alcohol involved or the person starting the fire was the only one not drinking? I'm guessing neither and that's flat out untrue, but I honestly don't care either way because shit happens. I can understand why you might want to say booze wasn't involved because it sounds worse when it is but come on, are you kidding me? A bunch of young hockey players in the woods for a party and no alcohol was involved? I don't care, but the insurance company probably does so that would be my statement as well.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So the first ever bachelor party without alcohol involved or the person starting the fire was the only one not drinking? I'm guessing neither and that's flat out untrue, but I honestly don't care either way because **** happens. I can understand why you might want to say booze wasn't involved because it sounds worse when it is but come on, are you kidding me? A bunch of young hockey players in the woods for a party and no alcohol was involved? I don't care, but the insurance company probably does so that would be my statement as well.

That's true, and we'll never know.

I could see alcohol not being involved and it just being someone using too much lighter fluid or whatever. People do really dumb stuff like Zirakzigil said, and alcohol isn't always involved. Sometimes people just make huge mistakes with or without beer.

Hope these kids are ok though regardless of how the incident went down. Nobody deserves the type of pain you get with severe burns so I feel terrible for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad