Prospect Info: Jordy Bellerive hospitalized | Update - Released and Training!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope they're ok and I really hope they weren't drinking and driving, I would hope youngsters were smarter than that given everything that has happened and what not.

Don't want to hear about more young lives lost.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When will the Pens get a break. Hope this is just something as simple as a car accident where both are able to continue their careers.

Like I said in the other thread, that's really not something I'm worried about. I'm really hoping they just didn't, you know, die. I genuinely don't care how this affects the Penguins, I just don't want 3 people 21 or younger prematurely dying.

Reactions: Bumpus and USMC607

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Why is the official statement so vague? It doesn't even explain what the "incident" is.
I was wondering the same. It wouldn't hurt anything to specify car accident, moose attack, etc. The "incident" must be sensitive for some reason. It makes me even more concerned about the seriousness of it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like I said in the other thread, that's really not something I'm worried about. I'm really hoping they just didn't, you know, die. I genuinely don't care how this affects the Penguins, I just don't want 3 people 21 or younger prematurely dying.

I mean, obviously.

I just feel like players with this team are cursed to extremely serious out of hockey injuries / sicknesses / ailments.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why is the official statement so vague? It doesn't even explain what the "incident" is.

I assumed it was a car accident or something like that and they wanted to keep the details quiet and dissuade any sleuthing. Potentially because of not being sober or doing something stupid, or any concerns about that without being able to verify. 3 people with serious injuries is probably a car accident, something involving a vehicle or, idk, a boat.

Or having a severely lowered quality of life. Their future livelihood is tied to hockey or at least Bellerive’s is but quality of life is quality of life.

There is something unnerving about it being connected to the Pens though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I assumed it was a car accident or something like that and they wanted to keep the details quiet and dissuade any sleuthing. Potentially because of not being sober or doing something stupid, or any concerns about that without being able to verify. 3 people with serious injuries is probably a car accident, something involving a vehicle or, idk, a boat.

Based on when it came out, I'm expecting it was a car crash. I originally had the thread as "Bellerive injured in a car crash", but then I realized that was my own speculation and shouldn't pass that off as fact. It's probably the safe assumption, though.

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
Hugs all around.. it's FRIDAY!
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I don't think them being vague will make people less likely to investigate the details. If anything, being vague and calling it "the incident" just makes people more curious.

They could have just said car accident/boating accident and left it like that without all the details involved. That way people would know what caused the injuries. Now people are likely going to do more "sleuthing" just because of the vagueness of what happened.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Based on when it came out, I'm expecting it was a car crash. I originally had the thread as "Bellerive injured in a car crash", but then I realized that was my own speculation and shouldn't pass that off as fact. It's probably the safe assumption, though.

Yeah, a car accident seems like the most likely. A boat would be my second guess just because of the numbers and it being summer, and after that stuff like golf carts or ATVs.

I don't think them being vague will make people less likely to investigate the details. If anything, being vague and calling it "the incident" just makes people more curious.

They could have just said car accident/boating accident and left it like that without all the details involved. That way people would know what caused the injuries. Now people are likely going to do more "sleuthing" just because of the vagueness of what happened.

Okay, they made it marginally harder and briefly hampered the chances of people jumping to a dui before something with more information is released. Maybe a few got the not now message or learned from “We did it reddit!” going so terribly. Or the families just wanted it to be private so no one important found out details on twitter and the Hurricanes went along with that.

It should make people recognize that a line is drawn but you’re right that they won’t.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This definitely has a very serious vibe to it. The good news is that it appears that no one lost their life. That's a start.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I find it really odd that they keep calling it "incident." That makes me feel really uneasy about the whole situation in which they were injured/hurt.

Reactions: Turin

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Grain of salt but someone on reddit says someone threw gas on a fire at a party. A mod can delete this or whatever if it’s a problem.

ETA:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->