Jordon Tootoo announces retirement

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I wasn't particularly a fan of how his, even when he was on the Wings, but you're not even gonna spell his name correctly in the thread title?

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The best number ever

VLtsi7S.jpg

When they were playing together, I always expected "Ruutu to Tootoo, two-two !".

I guess you can now mess with my Tootoo.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm completely indifferent about this statement. As long as he doesn't play, it's a good thing. Good luck with your life as something else, because you were a failure in this profession. I understand his history and that is an understanding of his acting, but that is an explanation, not an apology.

I believe he's a better person off the ice than on the ice and that's an improvement.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Oilers are honoring him tonight in some fashion I believe during the game. Might be worth a watch if HNIC covers it.

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
I'm completely indifferent about this statement. As long as he doesn't play, it's a good thing. Good luck with your life as something else, because you were a failure in this profession. I understand his history and that is an understanding of his acting, but that is an explanation, not an apology.

I believe he's a better person off the ice than on the ice and that's an improvement.
Guy was drafted in the 4th round as an undersized fighter/ agitator. Played 723 games over his 13 year career and earned north of 13 million dollars and that counts as “a failure in this profession”? Get a grip.

I wish Toots well in his future endeavours. That’s quite a career considering the odds he’s faced and the hardships he’s gone through. Definitely a very respectable career.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Guy was drafted in the 4th round as an undersized fighter/ agitator. Played 723 games over his 13 year career and earned north of 13 million dollars and that counts as “a failure in this profession”? Get a grip.

I wish Toots well in his future endeavours. That’s quite a career considering the odds he’s faced and the hardships he’s gone through. Definitely a very respectable career.
Don't get me wrong, that's only because I have this guy in the Matt Cooke, Raffi Torres and Tom Wilson category of total assholes. I might be wrong, but that's just how it is. He might've been successful, but don't expect me to cheer his retirement. Again, I might be wrong, but that's my intepretation of him on the ice.

Reactions: Calgarybrutalist

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Also for real Toots was a great off the ice personality. Calling him a bum is just petty. Thought HF likes gritty players?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

I think you are way offside with this post.
I think you completely underestimate what he may mean to a community you a not a part of. Just to make it to the big show is a victory. To stay for 700 plus games is far from a failure for anyone. He may not have played the game the way you liked and he may have crossed into the dirty player territory, but for a guy his size to play his role, I don't think that's necessarily wrong. You don't know the guy I assume, so an apology would mean as little to him as your original statement did, but this is what sucks about online forums and social media. Any Joe Blow can throw a complete below the belt shot at anybody they want with no repercussion, but if the player were to answer, somehow they would be held to a higher standard and have more to lose. It's a shame you feel so offended by the man's style of play when they people he played against would more than likely never even have responded with such venom.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Never liked him, but always respected him. Sure, he got into some predicaments, but in that role it will happen.

For where he's come from and what he's been through, he's done a hell of a job. Hope he stays sober and keeps serving his peeps in retirement.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
People calling Tootoo a failure have literally no idea the personal hardships he went through, how hard he worked to have an NHL career and what he means to the Inuk people. You can respect that even if you disliked him as a player. Blow it out your ignorant asses.

Reactions: Grimm and Dempsey

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Standing ovation tonight for him at the Oilers game tonight, hopefully someone can add a clip. I don't remember that kind of reaction for anyone who has never actually worn our jersey.

Here's to an inspring career Jordin, I know you will continue to great things for those that you represent

Reactions: preds1

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

I hope this made you happy. Because if it didnt than absolutely no one will get any benefit from this statement

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You can cry all you want that I can't respect him as a player. Yes, he played dirty. End of story. As of him as a person? Completely different matter. If you expect me to cheer a dirty player, get back to your own lines. If you want me to cheer him as a person for having it rough but not giving up, there are hundreds of millions in line alongside him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calgarybrutalist

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
He was the type player that folks pay to see play whether they liked him or hated him . I liked him as a player and always wished he played for Philly . I wish him all the best in the future .

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
He was the type player that folks pay to see play whether they liked him or hated him . I liked him as a player and always wished he played for Philly . I wish him all the best in the future .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad