Jordon Tootoo announces retirement

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Such a great human being, dealing with his own issues and still grinding and making the best out of what he had. He’s a pretty big inspiration to those in First Nations communities who want to play hockey. I still remember Ted Nolan coming to my elementary school and him coming to my community. He’s a very nice guy and preached no matter how hard life gets you can always persevere. Congrats on a great career 22

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
The best number ever

VLtsi7S.jpg
Especially for a guy born on February 2.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I will never forget his first NHL game, a contingent from Nunavut came down to Nashville. They were painted up and had flags and jerseys, they were going nuts whenever he was on the ice. Some of them were running up and down the stairs between sections waving the flags during stoppage in play. And Tootoo's game, especially in those early days matched that intensity and excitement. His NHL journey meant a lot to many people, and while Jordin wasn't perfect, he certainly was a fighter in every way.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
But why is Edmonton “saluting” him when he never played for the Oilers?

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Inspirational guy who I always rooted for. I sincerely hope he stays sober and has a good life. I worry that it gets hard for some when the spotlight fades. I hope he’s successful and happy.

Reactions: Atrusai

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
We should've kept him instead of Cleary.

I still don't get why Tootoo didn't get along with Babcock better when he was on the Wings

seemed like the kind of guy that Babcock would like but nope

guess there was just no room left in his heart with Cleary around since that love affair was still in full effect at the time with Babcock constantly trying to shove him on the powerplay,Datsyuk's line etc

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Easily my favorite enforcer to ever play, besides Sullivan, and Weber he was one of my favorite players when I first became a hockey fan back in 2009. I would always pick him up in the NHL games and have him on my 4th line, or even have him as the 1st line RW on the AHL squad.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He made the world jr's even more exciting. Every shift some one landed flat on there butt from a hard hit.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
GD, I wanted the Leafs to sign him.

Always a fan, hope he stays involved with the game at one level or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad