Player Discussion Jordan Schroeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's funny...Warren Peters was nothing but a blip in Wild history, yet he will always be well known because we had so little depth one time that injuries forced him to play several games as our top line center! :laugh:

Slick Willy*

Hopefully he'll do something here in the next couple periods to not be taken out again.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Looked good last night.. If that game doesn't put him solidly above Bergie on the depth chart I don't know what will. Our 4th line could be so fast and skilled with everyone back...

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Almost looked like he was trying to do too much early on but then settled in nicely. His speed is such a huge asset.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yeah, I prefer him over Bergenheim too. Moreso because the latter has been disappointing. Schroeder and Haula together are quite speedy, though.

Slick Willy*

He was a first round pick. I don't think a 4th rounder is out of the question...personally I liked what I saw out of him at times in the NHL, and I think he could be effective if given the right chance with the right supporting linemates.

He is small though...that is the biggest thing holding him back, I think.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Vancouver drafted him as a 1st rounder and let him walk, then we signed him for free. He hasn't been anything different from what we saw from him in Vancouver and he can't crack an NHL lineup, regardless of the depth situation.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, the only thing we'd be able to get from Schroeder at this point is a comparable AHL player. I'm pretty sure he passed through waivers back in November and December. I doubt he's done much since then to raise his price from 'completely free' to a mid round draft pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leads Iowa in PPG, but at his age, I don't see a path forward for him as an NHL'er. I think he could light it up in Europe somewhere.

WildRube09

Mar 5, 2013
This guy still in Iowa?? Good its where he belongs.

Not sure why Pat Mick has such a [mod] over this guy. He's done next to nothing in the NHL. Europe would be a good idea for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He has many of Zucker and Haula's attributes - great speed, and perhaps better hands. He needs to play with confidence in the NHL, because he has the skills to succeed in the game as it is today. Maybe a broken nose or as few lost teeth would get him over the hump. Play with no fear.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I actually think he plays like he belongs when he's with the club, and it's always a little weird when they send him back down, honestly. Seems like the one knock against him is his size, but this is a lot less of an issue than it was, say, 15 years ago. I'd really like to see the team stick with Schroeder going forward, as he could slide right into a Porter/Carter role, even spelling on the higher lines. In reality though, I think that you guys are right that he might just end up in Europe after his current contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad