2011-2012 | Chicago Wolves (AHL) | 76 | 21 | 33 | 44 | 18
2012-2013 | Vancouver Canucks | 31 | 3 | 6 | 9 | 4
| Chicago Wolves (AHL) | 42 | 12 | 21 | 33 | 14
2013-2014 | Vancouver Canucks | 25 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 2
| Utica Comets (AHL) | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Called it. In your face. No, just kidding. You're a great guy.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hey... no risk possible reward... can't complain. He should help Iowa at the very least and maybe even push Phillips or surpass him.

Vancouver has really sucked in recent times in terms of player development, maybe he needs proper guidance from a better group? Who knows... nothing lost either way.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Never really got a fair chance with the Canucks, in my opinion. Anytime he was starting to get a regular shift with regular linemates, he got injured long term.

Hard to say if he'll ever be anything but there still is playmaking center potential there. He's fine defensively for his size but being a small skilled center in the NHL is tough these days.

Low risk, good signing.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hey... no risk possible reward... can't complain. He should help Iowa at the very least and maybe even push Phillips or surpass him.

Vancouver has really sucked in recent times in terms of player development, maybe he needs proper guidance from a better group? Who knows... nothing lost either way.

Yes and yes. Whether there's much to develop there remains very much in question.

Still, hope Schroeder works out for you guys, or at least for your AHL team. Had a lot of bad luck here, but at the same time he never did grab the brass ring either. Too bad it never happened for him. Wish him all the best playing in his home colours.

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
Never really got a fair chance with the Canucks, in my opinion. Anytime he was starting to get a regular shift with regular linemates, he got injured long term.

Hard to say if he'll ever be anything but there still is playmaking center potential there. He's fine defensively for his size but being a small skilled center in the NHL is tough these days.

Low risk, good signing.

Doesn't matter. He had skill, but not enough to consistently be a top 6F here. Santorelli fit the bill better.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I like this signing, and not because he's a Minnesotan/former Gopher.

This gives Iowa another top 6 weapon and could even be a potential call-up for injuries down the road and Schroeder gets a chance to prove he can crack the NHL. Very little risk in this kind of move. I like it.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nothing negative about this signing. Good job GMCF.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hopefully Iowa has a much better year with all these AHL/Depth signings we've been making.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Loafed it with the Gophers. So I've never been his biggest fan, even if he is from my home town. Hopefully he changes my opinion of him!

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
It's going to be interesting to see who could crack a spot on the wild between guys like Zucker, Keranen, and now Schroeder. Whoever doesn't, or if none of them do, that makes Iowa at least a bit better.

Billy Mays Here*

If Fletcher keeps signing all these promising youngsters from Europe and the CHL leagues (and of course now Schroeder) I might have to drive down to Iowa to catch a game or two.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
ONE OF OUR OWN

All joking aside, great signing with no risk high reward potential. Nothing wrong with having him develop for a year or two and having a callup that has top 6 skill set.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
It's good to have more than one playmaking center in Iowa. With Lucia, possibly Zucker and few other kids, we can technically run two lines with a disher and a shooter, plus the BB grinders (Bussieres and Bulmer).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Iowa's going to be good.

I'm in the bandwagon that this team needs to instill a winning train of thought. That will be incredibly important down in Iowa where these kids can flourish and get confident and build up their game to the level and speed of the pros.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Good for Iowa. Doubt he'll see any St Paul ice, as he seems like a top6 or nothing type of player. I was never a fan, but that is more my SCSU bias.
He'll be trade bait for me in NHL15. I'm keeping Haula though. I may not be a Gopher faithful, but I'm not an idiot.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't know where I'd expect him to get an opportunity he could succeed with during a call up unless both Koivu and Granlund go down. Guy is not a bottom six tweener like Haula. But who knows. No risk involved, so why not? Getting another Center-capable player makes it easier to trade away one of our C's. He nor Almond are likely to be better than any of our 4 Cs right now, but it softens the blow if they finally find a taker for Brodz (who will be under utilized on our 4th line IMO) or someone offers up too much for Haula. If we don't unload one of those two, i don't see the chances of JS being called up to play anything other than a bottom six role, and if Haula gets promoted to a top six role due to injury I think it's likely they play the 3rd line a little more conservatively. Speaking only from what i've gleaned from Nuck fans JS is ill suited for anything like a conservative checking game.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

That's kind of like kind of calling the kettle black.

Low risk, high reward. Good signing but now we know why Schroeder dropped in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad