Player Discussion Jordan Schroeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
It's really a shame - there's so much talent there. Had he just been blessed with a couple more inches in height I think he could have had a solid NHL career. It's possible he's still a guy that can have a career in the league like Theo Fleury or Johnny Hockey - we'll see. Johnny Hockey is only 5'-9" and Schroeder is just an inch smaller than him.

I don't think it is a question of size.
Skill matters.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm sorry, i just don't see any evidence of the skill. Just a guy who fails to impact the game.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Yeah I would agree. He hasn't stuck around in the NHL because he, like countless others, fails to put himself in the right position, and when he does, he doesn't make the most of those chances. It's not a rare thing. You create your own luck and make the most of those opportunities. It's not like he sucks.. He's just a dime a dozen player.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I'm sorry, i just don't see any evidence of the skill. Just a guy who fails to impact the game.

Wow, none at all?

Hockey is a bit harder to differentiate compared to baseball.

Schroeder can do everything out there. He is not "great" at any one thing. As a decent 3rd-4th line guy its near impossible to ever break through.Schroeder could score 20 goals and 40 points if given top line duties.

See Brodziak's one really good year. When we had nothing.

When Nino, Coyle, Vanek, Parise, Koivu and Granlund all have over 40 too. You cannot justify playing Schroeder that much more that those 6 for lesser results.

Its was said earlier. A dime a dozen. Talented like so many otheres in the NHL trying to find a niche'. .

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, none at all?

Hockey is a bit harder to differentiate compared to baseball.

Schroeder can do everything out there. He is not "great" at any one thing. As a decent 3rd-4th line guy its near impossible to ever break through.Schroeder could score 20 goals and 40 points if given top line duties.

He has zero physical game. He doesn't score. He doesn't play on the PK. Saying that he would score 20g, 20a if he played on the top 6? Wha? There is a reason Vancouver, who was desperate for talent, let him go.

Schroeder will be out of the NHL in the next year or two. He has barely been in it the past two.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Yeah, he strikes me as the type of player who will go to Switzerland or something and cash in. He'll probably be one of the league's point leaders and we will all think he was so under-utilized. But his playing style is perfect for the leagues across the Atlantic.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
He has zero physical game. He doesn't score. He doesn't play on the PK. Saying that he would score 20g, 20a if he played on the top 6? Wha? There is a reason Vancouver, who was desperate for talent, let him go.

Schroeder will be out of the NHL in the next year or two. He has barely been in it the past two.

Totally missed the point. I leave it at that. Not even in the same ball park. But that's OK.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I actually feel like he's gotten better over the last few games, making space, not rushing passes, etc. He actually set up several good breakouts last night, which isn't something you'd necessarily expect from the fastest guy on the ice.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
He had a great first half of game 5 last night. Didn't notice him quite as much in the second half for whatever reason; hopefully he didn't get hurt (saw Roussel taking a few "liberties" with him after the play).

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Obviously, his goal was huge, but I noticed him missing passes numerous times in the neutral zone. With Haula hobbled and Zucker ineffectual, it would be huge if he could snag some of those passes and use his speed to stretch the ice.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Obviously, his goal was huge, but I noticed him missing passes numerous times in the neutral zone. With Haula hobbled and Zucker ineffectual, it would be huge if he could snag some of those passes and use his speed to stretch the ice.

He did get a few, though. I don't remember him specifically missing any, but I do recall thinking the passes themselves were often off the mark, for whatever reason. And for that matter, I swear a number of the ones the forwards "missed" were angled into the zone, but were called icing, for... reasons.

Slick Willy*

Shcroeder (and the United States) will be playing here in a few minutes against France on NBCSports.

Does anyone think his playing in the IIHF will boost his confidence a bit, and he will come in next year a better player?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh man, France? That's probably going to be some kind of rout. Maybe Roussel can pack his bags and get there in time ;)

Slick Willy*

Oh man, France? That's probably going to be some kind of rout. Maybe Roussel can pack his bags and get there in time ;)

If will be ugly. But Schroeder will probably be getting fair amount of minutes, plus I think he's playing on next year's number 1 overall pick Auston Mathews' line.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yep I think he is. Should be good for him. I know Brock Nelson is coming over too, so hopefully Schroeder gets to stay in action.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Shcroeder (and the United States) will be playing here in a few minutes against France on NBCSports.

Does anyone think his playing in the IIHF will boost his confidence a bit, and he will come in next year a better player?

He looked pretty bad against Finland, and it's not like they have a great D.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
364 day bump.

What's the future hold for Schroeder? Guessing the Wild give a him a qualifying offer $715k with a 2-way contract.

Schroeder is nice to have as a callup 12/13 FWD, but I wouldn't be sad if they didn't offer him anything.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
364 day bump.

What's the future hold for Schroeder? Guessing the Wild give a him a qualifying offer $715k with a 2-way contract.

Schroeder is nice to have as a callup 12/13 FWD, but I wouldn't be sad if they didn't offer him anything.

I'd be good if he wasn't brought back. When he's not scoring... he brings absolutely nothing to the team... and he scores only rarely.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'd be good if he wasn't brought back. When he's not scoring... he brings absolutely nothing to the team... and he scores only rarely.

Nah, they'll bring him back on a similiar deal as last year. 300k in the AHL, 600k in the NHL.

If nothing else, he's a good AHL Scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad