Confirmed with Link: Jordan Leopold to STL for draft picks (2nd, conditional 5th)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
A very solid get for a team with the defensive depth. It sucks about losing McNabb. He'd be the perfect guy to bring up. What do the pairings look like without Leopold. Sorry I only minorly watch the Sabres.

Ehrhoff/Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Sekera
Weber-Pysyk

I think if we move any other d-men (ahem, Regehr), Darcy will probably look to pull in a depth d-man to plug in for the rest of the year, similar to Sulzer last year. With Sulzer done for the reason and Brennan long gone we're minus a 7th d-man, and with McNabb out the only real call-up option is Pardy.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Sekera
Weber-Pysyk

I think if we move any other d-men (ahem, Regehr), Darcy will probably look to pull in a depth d-man to plug in for the rest of the year, similar to Sulzer last year. With Sulzer done for the reason and Brennan long gone we're minus a 7th d-man, and with McNabb out the only real call-up option is Pardy.

..or Biega.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Still can't believe we got a second, Darcy is holding out for a first for RR, maybe package back St. Louis pick. It's a great time to reload but we could really suck next year

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If we can get a 1st for Robyn this trade deadline is already a success. 2 1sts and 2 seconds in a very deep draft would restock the shelves instantly along with last years picks. Really hope he is able to get this done.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Still can't believe we got a second, Darcy is holding out for a first for RR, maybe package back St. Louis pick. It's a great time to reload but we could really suck next year
Why?
It's the standard price for a rental defenseman every year at the deadline.

There was nothing special about this deal.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not sure why there is so much praise for Regeir's trade acumen. This team has sucked for the better part of 5 years and much of that are his trades and draft picks.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Not sure why there is so much praise for Regeir's trade acumen. This team has sucked for the better part of 5 years and much of that are his trades and draft picks.

I can understand that Regier's hesistance to make deals is a strike against him.....

But generally speaking, his trades and drafts the last 5 seasons are most certainly NOT a strike against him.

In the last 5 years, he hasn't had a first round pick bust and turned Kassian into Hodgson. Granted, the only "top flight" talent he's drafted is Myers (who I know is stunted in his growth, but the talent is there) and Miller.

And trade-wise the last 5 years? There certainly isn't much that hurt us. He got a 1st for Goose, got our 1st/2nd line C of the future, got something for Campbell, got something for Leopold, etc.

While I'm ambivalent as to DR's future here, his work the last 5 years isn't the root problem of the Sabres' issues. The root problem is that we don't have the high-end talent needed to compete in the NHL.......something that is hard to do consistently without top 10 picks.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I can understand that Regier's hesistance to make deals is a strike against him.....

But generally speaking, his trades and drafts the last 5 seasons are most certainly NOT a strike against him.

In the last 5 years, he hasn't had a first round pick bust and turned Kassian into Hodgson. Granted, the only "top flight" talent he's drafted is Myers (who I know is stunted in his growth, but the talent is there) and Miller.

And trade-wise the last 5 years? There certainly isn't much that hurt us. He got a 1st for Goose, got our 1st/2nd line C of the future, got something for Campbell, got something for Leopold, etc.

While I'm ambivalent as to DR's future here, his work the last 5 years isn't the root problem of the Sabres' issues. The root problem is that we don't have the high-end talent needed to compete in the NHL.......something that is hard to do consistently without top 10 picks.

How can you list Myers there but not Vanek? :laugh:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
But if St. Louis misses the playoffs would a higher second round pick trump having a 4th over a 5th? What say you?

Depends on how big the difference in the 2nd round pick is.

If it's the difference between 44 and 45...then I'd take the 4th.
If it's the difference between 41 and 50...then that's a tougher call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad