Confirmed with Link: Jordan Leopold to STL for draft picks (2nd, conditional 5th)

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I love Twitter, the place where half the people don't get the concept of a UFA, don't see the value in a draft pick, and think Leopold was the Sabres top defenseman. Oy.

Almost as bad as WGR where the top complaints were:

- St. Louis is a better team and their pick wont be near the top. Should have traded him to a basement team
- Draft picks are unknowns, should have traded him for a known quantity.

Wouldn't be so bad if they didnt express those opinions as if they were plain facts and DR were an idiot for not seeing the truth of their wisdom.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but did I hear Darcy say, "the Blues had targeted R...um, Jordan....". Oops, the other defenseman, I mean.

Paradigm

Feb 29, 2008
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but did I hear Darcy say, "the Blues had targeted R...um, Jordan....". Oops, the other defenseman, I mean.

You're not crazy, I think he was about to say Regehr then caught himself

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
You're not crazy, I think he was about to say Regehr then caught himself

Same here. That was my first thought. No doubt he was going to say St. Louis really wanted Regehr. Since they obviously settled for Leopold, that makes me wonder if A) Regier didn't get what he wanted for Robyn, or B) Robyn wouldn't waive for St. Louis.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I actually think I'd rather have them lose 1st round. Rather have a higher 2nd than a 4th instead of a 5th

I actually think I'd rather have them not make the playoffs. Rather have a higher 2nd than a 4th instead of a 5th.

(I do mildly chear on ex-Sabres though. So I wish no ill for Leopold).

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
With his seasons work completed, Darcy unplugs his phone, kicks off his shoes, orders up a fresh batch of hurricanes and blasts Katie Perry albums until early May.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Don't the Blues have Ottawas 2nd? I wonder which one it is...

If its the Blues, I hope they don't make the playoffs.

I'd gladly have a high 2nd and a high 5th as opposed to a low 2nd and a low 4th.

If they win a round the pick can't be any better than like 53 and pick 113 as opposed to them missing the playoffs and the picks being like 40-42 and 130-132.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Don't the Blues have Ottawas 2nd? I wonder which one it is...

If its the Blues, I hope they don't make the playoffs.

I'd gladly have a high 2nd and a high 5th as opposed to a low 2nd and a low 4th.

If they win a round the pick can't be any better than like 53 and pick 113 as opposed to them missing the playoffs and the picks being like 40-42 and 130-132.
It was their own 2nd.

Also, winning a single playoff round will not change where they pick.
If they win two, that's a different story.
They could finish 15th overall and the 2nd rounder would be #45 (depending on compensatory picks) unless they made it to the Western Conference Final, in which case the pick would be 27th or 28th.
If they made the Cup Final, it'd be 29th or 30th.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It was their own 2nd.

They could finish 15th overall and the 2nd rounder would be #45 (depending on compensatory picks) unless they made it to the Western Conference Final, in which case the pick would be 27th or 28th.

That would be great if they finished 15th.45th pick in a very deep draft for Leopold is a great return.Another win for Darcy.

Any chance the Devils forfeit their first this season?I was shocked they didn't do it last year but that would be nice to move up a spot if they forfeit the first.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Any chance the Devils forfeit their first this season?I was shocked they didn't do it last year but that would be nice to move up a spot if they forfeit the first.
I'd guess at this point they'll wait until the absolute last moment, meaning they'll forfeit it in 2014.
They probably want a 1st this year and seem to want to restock their system now rather than later (a prime example of this is last year when they didn't forfeit what will likely end up being their highest pick between 2011 and 2014 and taking a crappy player like Matteau, but he will still make an impact sooner than a 2013 or 2014 prospect).

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
It was their own 2nd.

That's right.

Keep. Thinking. NFL. Draft. Rules.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
About a year too late tbh.

Good luck to Leopold, but it was past time he got dealt.
Return seems decent enough.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I'm happy with the return. Sad to see Leo go though. Not because of his play this season but because he's a really great person and teammate and did a lot for the community. He'll be missed.

He was pretty good for Buffalo aside from this year so it's sad but it's the right move and it does him a favor and sends him where he has a chance at the playoffs. I wish him the absolute best of luck. I think he'll be good for St. Louis.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
A very solid get for a team with the defensive depth. It sucks about losing McNabb. He'd be the perfect guy to bring up. What do the pairings look like without Leopold. Sorry I only minorly watch the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad